[3rd RD] #DIY vs. ROMAN REIGNS

RIPPA

#DIY vs. ROMAN REIGNS  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

• #DIY (Gargano/Ciampa)
    • ROMAN REIGNS

This poll is closed to new votes

Going for Reigns mainly for the Styles matches and Owens at the Rumble even though his WrestleMania XXXII main event with Triple H felt like fight forever.

Having said that DIY had the WWE MOTY with the Revival at NXT TakeOver: Toronto. Don't forget the previous match between them at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II.

Hmmm.

Query for the board: With people like the Hardys and Miz getting pretty far on the basis of out of ring stuff, does Reigns have the worse case for out of ring stuff?  Does the flipside of Rippa's Hardys question apply?  Eventually you have to have the character stuff to back you up?

That was my argument against Reigns over Nakamura. I'm more than happy to watch a Roman Reigns match, just as much as Nak these days, but every other thing he does I find grating and/or boring. His whole presentation is stale, his promos are lame, and even his move set hasn't evolved even a little bit. You know what you get with Reigns. I'm not sure yet if that's enough to put a hashtag over him, but it's certainly something I take into consideration.

I voted Reigns mostly for pity since I expected him to get slaughtered in this, but he is doing better than I expected. I still expect him to lose handily so I won't request a change, but I just don't see an argument for him over DIY at all. I even prefer him to DIY, but the CWC match and feuds with Revival & AoP easily show DIY having the better year. The best Styles/Reigns match was not as good as the best DIY/Revival match while the other title matches between DIY/Revival are better than the lesser Styles/Reigns match. And with the booking for Reigns being shit and the Rusev matches under-delivering, I don't think their years come even close.

This even weirder for me since I'm pretty sure I'm biggest Reigns fan on the board at this point, but even I can admit his faults which I think Godfrey laid out simple and perfectly.

the only case to be made for Reigns is that he's had to overcome HORRIBLE booking whereas DIY has been booked exceptionally well as most are in NXT.  That said, DIY was given something to work with and knocked it completely out of the park.  Reigns is good but he didn't hit the highs DIY did.

7 hours ago, Cristobal said:

There's a case for that, although aside from the post-match bit at the CWC, DIY weren't really aces as characters either. 

I feel they got a lot of mileage out of rumors/expectations Ciampa was going to turn on Gargano, which added to their moment at the end of their CWC match.

I also dug them telling each other "I love you" after Ellering told them to say that to their loved ones more than any of Reigns character stuff.

• Like 2

Not to pile it on since DIY's in the lead, but their #gloriousbomb videos had me howling with laughter over the voting year.  On top of all the other reasons to vote them this definitely works in their favor.

• Like 3

Voted for DIY after some thinking on it. Their tag work has been so strong, the CWC match was really good with a great moment at the end, I love how their CWC match lead into the Takeover: Brooklyn finish which also played into Gargano's lose to TJP. I think DIY do better with their limited promo time than Reigns does with all of his. They're not setting the world on fire or anything but they get their point across and their characters across, they are never say die babyfaces who have become extremely close friends and have each others backs through everything. Reigns is......kind of a dick who sounds really phony?

The interesting thing about DIY in this tournament is that they could have lost (or lose) any of their match ups and I wouldn't have disagreed, the brackets have been really challenging but it's been fun to think about because Rippa could have set it up with where there were mostly easy answers in the first couple rounds but he didn't he is challenging us (at least those of us who take the time to consider both sides of each match).

4 hours ago, Sublime said:

Voted for DIY after some thinking on it. Their tag work has been so strong, the CWC match was really good with a great moment at the end, I love how their CWC match lead into the Takeover: Brooklyn finish which also played into Gargano's lose to TJP. I think DIY do better with their limited promo time than Reigns does with all of his. They're not setting the world on fire or anything but they get their point across and their characters across, they are never say die babyfaces who have become extremely close friends and have each others backs through everything. Reigns is......kind of a dick who sounds really phony? 

uREdpXz.gif

• RIPPA locked this topic