DVDVR Message Board

[3rd RD] AJ STYLES vs. NAITO

RIPPA

AJ STYLES vs. TETSUYA NAITO  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Imagining what it would take to get a march madness thread closed. 

I would guess Lashley getting into the quarter finals, only to have folks focusing strictly on his WM match with Umaga, might do it.

Because it's not in the proper timeline.

14 hours ago, El Dragon said:

It's not a matter of if this is close, it's a matter of how many people feel like AJ wins, even if it is close. There is no way anyone can conceivably tell me that Naito was a clear winner here. You can argue he has a very good case, but it's not an obvious one.

Perhaps I should have stated that it shouldn't be a blow out this quickly. I don't think Naito is the clear winner but I think that if people considered both men's years that this is one of, if not the, most difficult decision so far in the tournament and maybe in the entire thing. These two are probably the two most consistent performers who deliver all the time, who make their opponents look good and both have done good-great character work, Hero and Io (who I kind of regret voting against last round) are probably the only others who have an argument over these two. I guess I'm just feeling Rippa's frustration with people rushing to vote rather than taking the time look at the match-up between the contestants. 

5 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Los Ingobernables de DVDR now stands at 15 proud members, this ain't over yet.

16!

There's really not a case to be made against Styles, so I won't try. Week to week, I'd watch whatever he did, and enjoy it. The format of March Madness biases me towards guys who have matches I want to go watch again, though, and Naito has more of those. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked AJ's shorter hair/beard/scumbag look he had going in Japan.  His hair on SDL is wonderful don't get me wrong but... 

Agreed on the NJ look being tons better.  But that current style is quite luxurious.

img_4283.jpg?resize=1160%2C650

• Like 3

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Imagining what it would take to get a march madness thread closed. 

One of the brackets being changed to Phil Collins vs. Mike & the Mechanics?  

Not that either have a lot of good matches inside the timeline.....

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic