DVDVR Message Board

MARCH MADNESS 2017

Dolfan in NYC

It's Selection Sunday!

Already qualified: Vermont, Duke, DUNK CITY~~~~ (a/k/a Florida Gulf Coast), Iowa State, Villanova, North Dakota, Winthrop, NC-Wilmington, Middle Tennessee State, Northern Kentucky, Iona, Kent State, NC Central, Wichita State, Nevada, Mt. St. Mary's, Jacksonville State, Bucknell, East Tennessee State, U of New Orleans, Texas Southern, South Dakota State, and Gonzaga

Florida State vs Florida Gulf Coast is a hell of a booked 1st round match.  In Orlando I believe

While I don't think there will be any upsets, a possible Villanova vs Wisconsin & Kansas vs Michigan State 2nd round game is very interesting

Or 2nd and 3rd found if you are one of those people

Not super happy with Miami's draw. I think we should beat MSU but hate that we'll have to go against KU in the 2nd round. Also the fact that S Carolina got the 7th seed and basically get a home game and they don't have nearly as many good wins as us and have some crappy losses. I think UM got hosed a bit.

2 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

THIS.

This may be a Virginia- heavy and VCU-fan heavy board...You keep your Rams, WE'LL HAVE OURS! 

I think I am the only UVA fan on the board other than RavenMack.  @cwoy2j lives in "God's little slice of Heaven"
 of Cville.  But I think there is more of a VCU and George Mason presence on the board.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Syracuse being out, and the talking heads at ESPN whining about it makes me very happy.

Even better is that their first round opponent in the NIT is UNC Greensboro.   Nice to see the NIT people have a sense of humor given how Boeheim told everyone that would listen that the ACC tournament should be in New York or DC and not Greensboro

• Like 2

My favorite time of year.  Everybody has a chance... well, not you, 16 seeds.

Always love the reactions of schools making it to the dance for the first time.  Perseverance pays off.

Wichita State a 10 seed?  Who booked this?  Dayton and Kentucky have to be pissed at that.

As a Cyclone fan, I'm chomping at the bit for the possible match-up with Kansas in the Sweet 16, but one game at a time.  ISU fans know the pain of looking too far down the bracket and teams can't expect to sleepwalk through games and advance.

ESPN hyping the Women's selection show to death like it's a must see is hilarious considering that barring an act of God we already know UCONN is going to win it. The results of WrestleMania are far more in doubt than the end result of this tourney.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am still enjoying Syracuse vs. UNC Greensboro in the NIT

UNC Greensboro might not be enjoying it comes Tuesday. I somehow think after the bear poking that Syracuse won't be mailing it in and in fact will be gunning for a total dick stomping.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Florida State vs. Gulf Coast in Orlando is the main event we all deserve. Take notes McMahon.

Maybe Leonard Hamilton will convince his team it's a Home game and they won't shit the bed.

On 3/12/2017 at 7:01 PM, Justin877 said:

I think I am the only UVA fan on the board other than RavenMack.  @cwoy2j lives in "God's little slice of Heaven"
 of Cville.  But I think there is more of a VCU and George Mason presence on the board.

Yep, C'Ville born and raised. Graduated from Miami in 01. Didn't know there were VCU and George Mason fans here. I need to check these threads more.

23 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Maybe Leonard Hamilton will convince his team it's a Home game and they won't shit the bed.

I hate FSU but I can't hate on Hamilton. He was the coach at UM when I was there and we loved him. Bummed when Jordan threw a ton of money at him to go to the Wizards. We had to suffer through years of Perry Clark and Frank Haith before Larranaga basically fell into our laps.

3 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

What upsets are everyone picking? I got FGCU over FSU as my big one. Got MD losing in the first round. I've heard a lot of people are high on NMSU beating Baylor.

Love the FGCU call if you're going out on a limb. As mentioned above, I believe Winthrop's *capable* of beating Butler. Oregon can run hot and cold, and is without without starting center, so Rhode Island in a Round of 32 upset is a very real possibility. Oregon could also win that game by 30, though.