DVDVR Message Board

MARCH MADNESS 2017

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

The dad is a total knob but I really hate people giving shit to his kid over it. That's totally wrong.

Yeah, it's clear that people are going to hold the father's boisterous attitude against his sons.  Which was to be expected. I give LaVar credit for getting the spotlight on his family, but you have to wonder at what cost that's going to be. Hopefully, it'll be nothing more than some good promos for our entertainment.

What an amazing bunch of Elite 8 games.  I'm totally pumped for the Final Four.

The South may implode if there is a North Cackilacky vs. South Cackilacky championship game.

20 hours ago, sabremike said:

The dad is a total knob but I really hate people giving shit to his kid over it. That's totally wrong.

Dick's point was that his dad shouldn't write a check with his media whoring that his son's talent can't cash. 

Scouts and teams are going to either expect this kid to walk on water or they're going to be wary of picking him up for fear of the baggage that comes with him in the form of his knob of a father.

LaVar Bell just needs to be proud of his sons and shut the fuck up.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

LaVar Bell just needs to be proud of his sons and shut the fuck up.

Well when you are basing your financial livelihood on the success of your sons, being "proud" isn't going to be enough.  

The Ball kids are going to get Tebow treatment as long as the 4 letter network treats their father this way.  The vast majority of people that hated Tim Tebow liked Tebow personally but despised the coverage of him so much they had no choice.  

My question is why are people sticking microphones in front of this guys face? What purpose does it serve? What of any importance is he going to say? The guy is the worst example of a stage dad ever and they are indulging him which is a disgrace.

15 minutes ago, sabremike said:

My question is why are people sticking microphones in front of this guys face? What purpose does it serve? What of any importance is he going to say? The guy is the worst example of a stage dad ever and they are indulging him which is a disgrace.

In the era where attention span is the most valuable currency, lunacy sells.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

In the era where attention span is the most valuable currency, lunacy sells.

Very true. Just watch First Take or the FSN knockoffs for proof of that. Hell Skip Bayless basically built a lucrative career by saying insane shit.

• Like 1

God is UNC playing an infuriatingly stupid game. 

I get the feeling Roy is going to make them run suicide sprints for every free throw they miss next season

That was an absolute farce of a game. Referees were atrocious but the players were missing easy shots and looked like high school teams out there. Tournament was a let down as a whole.

Refs killed that game last night. Way too many ticky-tack fouls being called, and they missed two out of bounds plays that ended up in Carolina's favor, including the jump ball play with 45 seconds left in the game, when it was still a one point game.

Like most NCAA tournaments, The first weekend is the best.

• Like 2

Playing in stadiums is awful. It throws off their depth perception and they play like garbage. They'll never take it back to arenas because of money, but the play suffers.

Happy Carolina won for the seniors, even though it wasn't pretty. Whenever Roy retires, I hope they give Few a call.