DVDVR Message Board

Rest of 2017 Wrestling Merch Thread

1 hour ago, Iron Moose said:

TG2001.jpg

To quote my lawyer:

"It is so clear they have no queer folks on that graphic design team, otherwise someone would have mentioned the subtextual implications of calling someone a "top" in conjunction with that fist imagery. "

#NFJF

• Like 1

The shirt I just bought was only available up to 2x, and not on WWEShop at all.  I asked the nice Customer Service person if they could get an outbound link from WWE after featuring their shirt on TV, but they said Vince doesn't allow advertising of (even licensed) non-WWEShop merchandise on the website.

Meanwhile other networks have "Buy the look" pages set up for shows they air.

32 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Anyone who’s been at recent NXT live shows care to chime in on what merch they had available?

From October's Kingston show:

They only have NXT shirts available. Mostly the most recent NXT shirt releases, but a couple of times they'll bring shirts for a few really big NXT legends like Finn Balor/etc. 

If you're getting NXT merchandise, though, the real target shouldn't be the shirt: They usually sell a limited amount of posters autographed by much of the roster for somewhere between $50-75, and that should be the real target. You may have to leave super early for intermission (right around the end of the third-fourth match on the card is when they make it to the merchandise table), but it's such a nice piece of merchandise it's absolutely worth it even more than a shirt would be, and only about $15 more.  (For a example from the specific Kingston show in October, it was autographed by Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe of Sanity, Johnny Gargano, Roderick Strong, Drew McIntyre, the three Undisputed Era members, and both members of the Iconic Duo.)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Yeah, its was first week IN Jan. Only thing in stock as a recall were the smaller sizes.

I believe by Christmas all but 5XL were sold out.

I took advantage of some of the Christmas sales to get a Magic Killer and a couple Balor shirts at half price.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:55 PM, SorceressKnight said:

From October's Kingston show:

They only have NXT shirts available. Mostly the most recent NXT shirt releases, but a couple of times they'll bring shirts for a few really big NXT legends like Finn Balor/etc. 

If you're getting NXT merchandise, though, the real target shouldn't be the shirt: They usually sell a limited amount of posters autographed by much of the roster for somewhere between $50-75, and that should be the real target. You may have to leave super early for intermission (right around the end of the third-fourth match on the card is when they make it to the merchandise table), but it's such a nice piece of merchandise it's absolutely worth it even more than a shirt would be, and only about $15 more.  (For a example from the specific Kingston show in October, it was autographed by Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe of Sanity, Johnny Gargano, Roderick Strong, Drew McIntyre, the three Undisputed Era members, and both members of the Iconic Duo.)

I got one those at Takeover : Dallas . Signed by everyone on the card for $100. Beat going to Axxcess by miles.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic