DVDVR Message Board

Rest of 2017 Wrestling Merch Thread

I think they've been making the music this whole time. It's one of those worked shoots. They'll start a royalty lawsuit with WWE and that'll be the crux of their debuts.

Not a merch picture, but a funny-ish merch story.

We've got a new Storm grad that moved to the area, and his work name is Sean Gaston...and he's doing a Top Gun gimmick. Don't look at me: I didn't come up with it.

When one of the more experienced guys asked "Why the fuck is his name Sean Gaston?" I simply replied, "because he already made shirts..."

Highspots is selling some very cool, show-specific merchandise from PWG BOLA this year. Some unique stuff. 

Autographed 18X24 Kenny Omega poster (I LOVE the look of this):

kenny_omega_cleaner_poster_autograph.jpg

And an autographed set of PWG BOLA 2017 trading cards (in the style of the 1991 'Championship Marketing' WCW cards):

pwg_bola2017_cards_3.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Not a merch picture, but a funny-ish merch story.

We've got a new Storm grad that moved to the area, and his work name is Sean Gaston...and he's doing a Top Gun gimmick. Don't look at me: I didn't come up with it.

When one of the more experienced guys asked "Why the fuck is his name Sean Gaston?" I simply replied, "because he already made shirts..."

Salty The Seaman vs. Sean Gaston 
----- 
Gaston got a learning experience in August when he faced the 
legendary Black Dragon, and the newest full-time addition to 
the Big West Wrestling roster has another tough test in 
front of him in September: the world-traveled Salty! 
Battling grizzled vets every month isn't easy, but Gaston's 
definitely getting a wrestling education. 

That Seaman sure is Salty he'll say in a promo after.

10 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

As you can imagine, people are asking why he isn't doing THAT Gaston.

Wouldn't there be a legal issue with Disney?  I don't think they'd notice but you never know what they pay attention to.

Now if he was doing THAT Gaston he'd Xavier Woods's favorite wrestler by far.

He can call himself Sean Avenant and no one will get it.

An original character who is not present in the "Beauty and the Beast" fairy tale by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont upon which the film is based, Gaston was inspired by Avenant, a character filmmaker Jean Cocteau created specifically for his 1946 film adaptation of the story.

Not sure where to post this, apologies in advance if in the wrong place...I recently picked up a copy of the event program from Starrcade 1988. Other than a few pics on Pinterest I can't find hide nor hair of this thing online...does anyone know if they are rare or just unpopular? The cover art alone should be desirable to some collector...

be88b69c9a78877402b6f18eef8cf3d0.jpg

• Like 2

I used to have a bandana with that True Grit image on it. Got it at a house show in Carbondale, IL. Actually got to meet Flair afterwards. A car pulled up for him, he walked out and got some clothes out of the trunk. A woman came up and he gave her a kiss and handed her the clothes. Living the character.