DVDVR Message Board

Rest of 2017 Wrestling Merch Thread

I'm sure some of the gimmicks of the guys are that they're so very white. Unintentionally or not. Also, when the people in India find out Jinder's really from Canada, they'll turn him into the ultimate heel. Canada and India, natural rivals. Probably.

On 5/31/2017 at 0:17 PM, Ryan said:

I'm sure some of the gimmicks of the guys are that they're so very white. Unintentionally or not. Also, when the people in India find out Jinder's really from Canada, they'll turn him into the ultimate heel. Canada and India, natural rivals. Probably.

Jinder's from Calgary, home of The Hitman, and India loves The Hitman. So that might him a bigger baby face.

Stop trying to hinder Jinder!

Well, he speaks Punjabi, not Hindi, but I'm not sure how the languages break down there on a national basis. Might be more of a regional dialect.

Hmm.

Punjabi is spoken as a native language, second language, or third language by about 30 million people in India. Punjabi is the official language of the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Delhi.

Hindi is by far the most commonly spoken tongue. So, good luck cutting promos that only some people understand as he's subbed in another language. Far more people speak English than Punjabi. He should come out to Mohammad Hassan's music, most American won't notice the difference anyway and assume he's the same guy.

Here's a simple phrase: I want to eat bread romanized. They do sound similar at least, but beyond that I have no clue.

main rotee khaana chaahata hoon
Maiṁ rōṭī khāṇā cāhudā hāṁ

When the fans storm the ring and throw him out into the aisle for accidentally insulting cows, they'll know, they'll know.

• Like 1

I think when Khalli was around they did study India. They would reedit the shows to make khalli top face. So they must know the cultural differences.

And honestly how many options do fans have for a top Indian wrestler. Wahoo McDaniel and Chief Jay Strongbow are dead.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ordered this last week, just waiting for it to DOA:

Undertaker "Thank You Taker" Logo T-Shirt

With every order, his son shows up to your house and gives you a hug.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

And that's how Becky Lynch got sued by Starbucks.

Right? You think that they would have learned their lesson from the deal with Pabst a while back. Although nothing really came of  that, and the shirt they put out as a replacement still makes me think of a Blue Ribbon can, so maybe they already know that it's just different enough to not cause them any headaches.