DVDVR Message Board

Rest of 2017 Wrestling Merch Thread

Pro Wrestling Tees is running a 24-hour 20% off sale on everything with the code 300K (for selling their 300 thousandth shirt) until tomorrow. Grabbed that Yano shirt, which I'm perhaps a little too happy about. :)

I'm almost positive Juice would have come up with that himself, he seems the type. Hell, he probably drew it, it looks so horrible. Why is he some kind of creepy fat lion with a Rikishi ass? (Yes, I know he's a lion cause of NJPW, but the whole package of it.)

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Apparently, if you buy one of Schiavone's shirts, he will give you a call for a brief chat. 

David Crockett does that too but the call almost always gets cut off a minute in. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Plus he's always yelling "Look at it!" while you're opening the box. 

My favourite Crockett tic. I'm watching the show, David, what do you think I'm doing?

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I don't know why it bugs me so much that WWE insists on putting print on the back of their shirts. I get that it's brand recognition so people know you're wearing a WWE shirt if they see you from front or back. It's just that most of the time, the back print is something that's just awful and feels tacked on.

I believe the last shirt I bought from WWE was this one:

W05243.jpg?w=1400

I actually wore it to Bonnaroo last year one day. Someone at the Lamb of God set gave me a high-five and told me Sandow was awesome. I always get positive comments when I wear the MITB 2011 Punk shirt, too. Both of those have non-embarrassing text on the back (well, the Sandow one is debatable depending on who you are I guess).

The only other shirt I have from WWE is this one, and all it says on the back is "RKO" around the neckline, in not-huge-as-fuck font:

s-l225.jpg

====

I'm still looking for a plain black SPLX logo shirt - had to resort to asking on another board I go to if someone would buy me one if they attend any indy shows by SPLX sponsored wrestlers. Luckily, three members are going to the US New Japan shows in July, and I'm almost positive there will be some there. Bunch'a saints, these guys are.