DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] REVIVAL vs. TANAHASHI

REVIVAL vs. TANAHASHI  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

Seriously, I think there are only 3 WWE signed people who have Final 4 arguments based just off in ring work. The Revival are my favorite on the list. I go back and watch the series with American Alpha and DIY about once a month because I love watching how amazing tag team wrestling is in this day and age. Then I get depresed because so many people try to emulate the Young Bucks instead.

• Like 1

Tanahashi is a legend and I greatly appreciate the stuff that's put out this voting year.  But Revival are the best tag team by far in WWE.  They'e been the common denominator in excellent matches, whether they're against AA or #DIY.  And if they have Austin putting them on his podcast gushing over their style then they must be doing something right.  They easily get my vote here.

Man, this is like Tanahashi's last round draw on steroids: Tanahashi's consistency and volume of very good to great matches vs a small sample size for the period but undeniable barnburners whenever they're in the ring.

I opted for Tanahashi over Ibushi in the first round, but I'd take The Revival's top four matches over Tanahashi's top four (and even with a few extras added).  Their ascension as an elite team (not just in NXT or the WWE, but in wrestling period) over the last year is definitely one of the top narratives for the time I think, and deservedly so.

Revival gets the nod here.

Is it possible for a team to go from "pretty good" to "better than Tanahashi" inside of one year? I daresay the Revival just proved that it's possible. Tough draw for the Ace.

13 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Is it possible for a team to go from "pretty good" to "better than Tanahashi" inside of one year? I daresay the Revival just proved that it's possible. Tough draw for the Ace.

I'd argue that time has shown they were better than "pretty good" at the start of the year. The AA match at Takeover Dallas that everyone was so high on at the time was pretty much the last time AA got anywhere close to that, while Revival went on and got better.

16 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I'd argue that time has shown they were better than "pretty good" at the start of the year. The AA match at Takeover Dallas that everyone was so high on at the time was pretty much the last time AA got anywhere close to that, while Revival went on and got better.

A valid argument to be sure. Even so, "very good" to "better than Tanahashi" is still a pretty impressive leap.

On 3/8/2017 at 5:01 PM, Cristobal said:

Building on this, I know only one of their big event matches is in the eligibility period, but Revival made Enzo and Cass look fantastic. 

• RIPPA locked this topic