DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] PETE DUNNE vs. HARDYS

PETE DUNNE vs. HARDYS  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

Dunne should take this because as great as the Hardys have been as characters, they're kinda hard to watch in a regular match. They both move like they're in pain all the time and it makes me sad.

That was the point I tried to make in the Hardys/Bucks matchup, so good luck.  I'd watch the Hardys' Youtube videos all day but in the ring, they're edging into the Kevin Nash portion of the spectrum.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That was the point I tried to make in the Hardys/Bucks matchup, so good luck.  I'd watch the Hardys' Youtube videos all day but in the ring, they're edging into the Kevin Nash portion of the spectrum.

I totally get that and I completely agree, but the Hardys as characters had made me care more about pro wrestling in recent memory than Dunne as a worker has.

I realize that is a totally subjective assessment.

2 hours ago, zev said:

The Hardys made it possible for some of the CWF All Stars to appear on network television.

AND they got MCW guys on TV as well.  One very unfortunate result of them leaving TNA is that their televised indy matches could have been shown on Impact and highlighted local groups.  I'm very fortunate MCW made the cut but feel bad for those who has their stuff in the can never to see the light of day.

But transitioning from that it really does highlight just how effective the Hardys have been.  They turned a WTF gimmick and it made them the talk of the wrestling world.  They can go to local shows and it's guaranteed to sell out or come close.  It gets more people to the shows and if the rest of the show's great might even make them regular fans.  And I fully support two guys in their 40s getting paid to say/do some rather insane stuff.  I like Dunne but this isn't even close.

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I mean if we're just going by Internet videos fame, I want to retroactively vote for the Homestar Runner guys and also everybody at Redtube.

Aw, now you're getting me all nostalgic for the likes of StrongBad and Trogdor.  Great times, I need to watch that stuff again.

I made the statement in the opening March Madness post that at some point you have to have the matches

I just don't think Pete Dunne is the one I want to die on that hill with

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

I made the statement in the opening March Madness post that at some point you have to have the matches

Validating the very existence of TNA is something that could never be done through actual wrestling.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I mean if we're just going by Internet videos fame, I want to retroactively vote for the Homestar Runner guys and also everybody at Redtube.

If that's the criteria, then David "It's still real to me" Wills should win this whole tourney every year.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 5:19 PM, RIPPA said:

This is where I'm at.  The Hardys won't win this tournament, but Dunne isn't the guy to beat them.

2 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Rippa hasn't received a cease and desist letter from Anthem yet?

No need. The Hardy Dumpster Fire thread was already closed. It was obsolete.

• RIPPA locked this topic