DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] OKADA vs. ASUKA

OKADA vs. ASUKA  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

I have no strong positive feelings for Okada, but I just cannot buy the idea that Asuka had a better year. I'm kinda stunned anyone from NXT not DIY or Revival is getting any push.

You can't be that naive in the way democracy does (or does not) work

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

You can't be that naive in the way democracy does (or does not) work

Oh, I'm not, I just usually have a pretty good feel about how this board goes to certain indy guys over "ho hum" WWE guys. NXT has almost fallen off the map as a collective in the time frame. Joe, Nakamura, and Asuka were kinda handed the reigns from Zayn and the Horsewomen, and it just flat out hasn't gone well to any degree. I'm surprised there is more people not treating them that way.

I'm actually really starting to dislike this NXT booking where the champs and select other top guys don't wrestle on TV virtually at all anymore.

Like I enjoyed a lot of the "Joe ruins the show" stuff from last fall, but I'd rather have more random great Joe matches like vs. Ciampa back in last year's voting period.

If she gets better competition/matches or moves to the main roster to do worthwhile stuff then next year I'll consider voting for her.

But against Okada?  No way can I vote her over him, and I like Asuka.

I love watching Asuka, but while she was consistently very good during the voting period, Okada was consistently great. It's not Asuka's fault that she wasn't given more to work with, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic