DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXIII

HumanChessgame

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

And the crowd can't turn Roman heel, otherwise it would've already happened. He can get booed vociferously but Vince won't pull the trigger

I went to a show in Tucson during the Eddie-JBL feud. I'd conservatively estimate the crowd was 75% Latino. There were some...problematic undertones to JBL's gimmick during that particular angle. The reason I bring that up? 

I went to the Rumble Rumble this year. The heel reaction Roman Reigns received in the Alamodome was EASILY more lustful than the heel heat JBL had mocking Eddie's heritage in front of a largely Latino crowd. Vince has gone full Seymour Skinner on Reigns. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BEN! said:

I hope Goldberg beats Lesnar in 2 minutes and the last match is Reigns beating Undertaker in 30 seconds when Undertaker takes his hat/wig off and turns around into a spear.  Ain't nobody got time for 6 hours of WrestleMania.

Well if that happens then you better enjoy another 30 minutes of New Day segments

I guess I am lucky for going to this live because one of the things that makes New Day so damn excessive is the commentary from the world's oldest 10 year old and the jerk next to him.    don't have to worry about that this year

Goldberg/Lesnar is probably being choreographed as closely as Hogan/Warrior was back in the day. It's not like either guy is really on the road (I saw that Lesnar's been squashing dudes on house shows, but not a full schedule). Just put them in a private part of the PC and let them work out a 13 minute brawl that hides all of their flaws and hope for the best.

12 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Goldberg/Lesnar is probably being choreographed as closely as Hogan/Warrior was back in the day. It's not like either guy is really on the road (I saw that Lesnar's been squashing dudes on house shows, but not a full schedule). Just put them in a private part of the PC and let them work out a 13 minute brawl that hides all of their flaws and hope for the best.

Wouldn't it be insane if this was played out and was as good as (probably better, since they're better athletes) the VI main event? 

If that was to happen, I'd be all for it. 

I don't get putting Show in the Andre Battle Royal. They were going to slate time to him and Shaq for a match anyway. This is likely Show's last Mania. Why waste him in a Battle Royal? Put him and Braun together in a match and have Show put Braun over in his last Mania appearance to crown him the new giant in WWE. Then the Battle Royal can be moved to the pre-show and Sami Zayn can win it or something.

5 hours ago, Cristobal said:

I'm wondering if the plan is to make Roman/Taker a triple threat with Braun to try to hide Taker's limitations.

I was hoping so.  Braun is beyond Andre Battle royal level.  He could win and dominate it but it means nothing for him.  He needs a match.

• Like 1

They already have several multi-person matches, though: RAW women's title match, SDL women's title match, RAW tag team title match, Cena/Nikki-Miz/Maryse, the Andre. I wouldn't be surprised if HHH-Rollins wound involving Joe/Balor in some way. And there's the SDL tag scene to consider. One more seems like overkill. And Reigns-Undertaker can be promoted as a marquee match if left as is.

It's too bad that they didn't know about Shaq's bow-out six weeks ago.  They could have saved Braun-Show until WM.  My guess is each man tosses 14 guys out of the Andre and then have a mini match.

Braun is likely Roman's immediate future coming out of WM, which I find problematic in they may be burning through a money feud too soon. But I'm not sure where else he goes, barring a change of shows with the draft for either man.

40 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

What's the kayfabe motivation for Balor helping the guy who put him on the shelf for 7 months?

Balor knows he was injured in the spirit of competition. Rollins intent was to win the title, not put Balor on the shelf. Balor wants to win the title back, and give Seth Rollins a one on one opportunity. Balor wants to prove he's a competitor and doesn't need to hide behind Papa H, like his nxt rivals, KO and Samoa Joe.

It's a simple, logical explanation; something that would most likely get shot down by the crazy old man at the top.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 1:46 PM, Cristobal said:

I'm wondering if the plan is to make Roman/Taker a triple threat with Braun to try to hide Taker's limitations.

Maybe we'll find out he was the demon's spawn, the Braundertaker. Like Kane, who has proven with Lita, can make his boys swim. 

• Like 2

Braun would be a nice addition to Undertaker's match.

If Seth is still hurt than Balor should step in. If Aiden English gets hurt the pretzel vendor should step in. This is an important show.

• Like 2