DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXIII

HumanChessgame

The SDL tag titles have yet to be defended on a co-branded show

Since split

Summerslam - didn't exist yet (though all the Smackdown teams were in the kickoff match)

Survivor Series - champs are in Tag Team Survivor Series match

Royal Rumble - not on show

Mania - champs are in Battle Royal

At LAX, tired as hell, waiting for connecting flight, hoping to find the energy to go see Westbrook get another triple. 

And if the sight of GLF sitting down between a young, tired and now bemused couple because there's a power outlet between them to plug his laptop into, nothing really will. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

And now Naomi is officially in the SDL Women's match so she gets to work in front of a home town crowd in Orlando.

Normally that would be a good thing for Naomi, but WWE doesn't always honor the carny tradition of always putting you over in front of your peeps..

Since Naomi's wrestling in front of her hometown crowd, I'n assuming that whoever wins the title will pin her for the victory.  That's just the WWE way.

9 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Since Naomi's wrestling in front of her hometown crowd, I'n assuming that whoever wins the title will pin her for the victory.  That's just the WWE way.

Maybe she'll turn heel on herself too.

I guess it's time to predict. Haven't read anyone else's , so I hope I'm not repeating anything....

Last three in the ATGMBR are Sami, Show, and Braun. Strowman dumps Show, and Sami sneaks up and dumps Braun. Zayn wins. 

Alexa retains the SD Women's Championship. James Ellsworth gets beaten up by girls. 

Aries beats Neville for the CW Championship, in what should be a great match.

Enzo and Cass win the Raw tag team championship.

Corbin beats Ambrose for the IC Championship.

Jericho retains the US Championship against KO, but loses it the next night on Raw.

CeNikki beat MizRyse. Cena proposes to Nikki, afterward, but she walks away.

AJ beats Shane. Crowd turns on Shane during the match, making him the defacto heel. 

Rollins beats Trips. Expect shenanigans involving Joe, KO, and maybe Sami.

Sasha wins the Raw Women's Championship. Turns heel the next night on Raw. 

What should happen in the Roman-Taker match, is that Reigns should obliterate Taker with some heelish brutality, and pin him quickly. What will happen, is Roman wins in about ten minutes and is the biggest heel on the show. 

I say Bray retains vs Orton with help from Luke and Rowan. Bo Dallas joins the Wyatt fold on SD. This could be a great match. 

Brock vs Goldberg is either gonna be short and decisive, with Brock destroying Bill, or a five to ten minute ugly brawl with the same outcome. For fantasy bookings sake, I say Kurt Angle comes out on the stage afterward and announces that he's been appointed as the new Raw GM, and is giving the man who never technically lost the Universal Championship his shot right now. Finn Balor's music hits. He comes from under the ring, pins Brock, and our final shot is of Finn holding up the Universal championship. (This probably isn't happening, but fuck it)

• Like 2

I guess I'll do what I want to see, which I suppose would also be predictions...

ATGBR: Last two are Braun and Show because WWE LOVES to sacrifice Show to the winner because it looks more impressive or something. Anyway, this basically serves as a squash match for Braun. As Braun would say, "ALL WILL FALL," but, you know, literally.

SDL Women's Title: Naomi wins the title in her hometown to get back the title she never lost.

CW Title: Aries wins the title in an awesome match that would tear the house down if it were on the main card.

------------------------------

Raw Tag Titles: The Good Brothers retain. Enzo nearly kills himself. Cesaro has another moment where he goes off on everyone. No interference from the Hardys since they'll debut the next night.

IC Title: Corbin wins the title to start building his own WM winning streak.

US Title: KO wins the title. Samoa Joe interferes to help KO. Post-match, KO and Joe beat the shit out of Jericho until Finn Balor makes his return to save Jericho.

Raw Women's Title: Bayley retains the title. Nia gets eliminated first, then Sasha (to sow the seeds for Sasha's heel turn because Bayley didn't save her), and Charlotte is the last to lose to Bayley.

Miz and Maryse defeats Cena and Nikki: Cena takes a bump that puts him out, Miz cheats to allow Maryse to pin Nikki, Maryse begins a beat down of Nikki until Cena makes the save. Cena runs off Miz and Maryse. Then Cena does the proposal saying that good times or bad, he'll always be there for Nikki. He wishes they won, but with Nikki in his life, he's already a winner.

Rollins defeats HHH: No interference or anything. Just these two going at it. Rollins Pedigrees HHH, but it doesn't put him away. Rollins then either wins when he brings back the Curb Stomp or he busts out God's Last Gift/The Kingslayer.

Roman defeats Taker: Roman just beats the shit out of Taker for 10 minutes. He talks shit to the crowd the whole time, mean mugs them, spits on Taker, etc. Roman goes full heel.

SDL Title: Bray retains. Some new family members ambush Orton, whether if that's Bo or a repackaged Axel. Hell, Big Red could return too to help Bray.

Raw Title: Brock wins the title. Based on Goldberg's comments the last couple weeks, I think this will go about 10 minutes. Given how Brock worked the match against Roman, where Roman stiffed the hell out of Brock, I think Brock and Goldberg just stiff the hell out of each other with strikes. Brock and/or Goldberg get hardway blood. Goldberg survives and early F5. Brock survives a spear and Jackhammer. Goldberg survives a kimura. Brock beats the shit out of Goldberg with knees or even gets him in the deathclutch, trapping Goldberg's arms and punching or elbowing Goldberg with his free arm. F5. 1-2-3.

AJ defeats Shane: I fucking LOVED AJ twisting things on Shane, pointing out that this won't be a garbage match, that Shane can get counted out, that Shane can't use weapons like chairs or the Van Terminator spot with a garbage can. AJ being the premiere athlete in the WWE should just tune Shane up. Shane can get some of his shit in, there will be a near fall spot where AJ nearly loses because Shane does a crazy stunt or something, but in the end, Shane tries one stunt too many, eats a Styles Clash through a table or from the apron to the floor or AJ just submits Shane to the Calf Cutter.

• Like 1

Per the WWE website - the updated list of folks in the Andre Battle Royal

• Sami Zayn
  • Braun Strowman
  • Goldust
  • R-Truth
  • Curtis Axel
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Jey Uso
  • Jimmy Uso
  • Chad Gable
  • Jason Jordan
  • Primo
  • Epico
  • Bo Dallas
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Rhyno
  • Heath Slater
  • Apollo Crews
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Big Show
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Tyler Breeze
  • Fandango

Does HHH vs. Rollins really matter?

Hunter wins, then he's "burying young talent."

Rollins wins, then it's just a rehash of Shield guy beating Trips at Mania.

In storyline, have they added any stakes, like title shots or hair vs. hair?

1 hour ago, zev said:

Does HHH vs. Rollins really matter?

Hunter wins, then he's "burying young talent."

Rollins wins, then it's just a rehash of Shield guy beating Trips at Mania.

In storyline, have they added any stakes, like title shots or hair vs. hair?

You're supposed to be invested in the Rollins' Redemption and Revenge story. But yeah, if Trips loses there's nothing to stop him from just firing Seth the next night. Maybe their stip should've been whoever wins gets the Pedigree from now on?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can we retcon this WM out of existence, like Halloween 3? Then, we just act like nothing happened, and start some long-term angles that lead to WrestleMania: The Return of Michael Myers.

Wait a minute...if this is the Season of the Witch of Wrestlemanias, that means it will be original and awesome, but won't get its proper due until many years later? 

• Like 2

It'd be interesting if HHH won at WM, leaving Roman as the one Shield member to actually beat him in a one-on-one situation.  They could tie all this back to right after Rollins got injured the first time, when Trips tried to get Roman to come over to his side and said that he only chose Rollins because he was willing to do anything to be champion (i.e., be the Authority's puppet).  Rollins tries to pull together a face coalition to battle HHH/Steph, while the Helmsleys build a Legion of Doom.  And both sides go after Reigns.

Won't happen, but it would allow for some continuity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Wait a minute...if this is the Season of the Witch of Wrestlemanias, that means it will be original and awesome, but won't get its proper due until many years later? 

Depends on your opinion of Season of the Witch, I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Maybe their stip should've been whoever wins gets the Pedigree from now on?

Great call there. Now I'm wondering how the would be laid out if it had been declared a Win By Finisher Only contest.

1 hour ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Have you heard this before?

Oops, double post. I blame it on defective masks.

• Like 1

I guess once you've drawn 100k+ for WrestleMania like last year, you don't care so much about number padding so you do crazy things like take up a quarter of a stadium with a stage and entrance ramp.  

12 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Because their father willingly named them Declan, Kenyon, and Rogan?

Declan James, Kenyon Jess, and Rogan Henry vs. Aurora Rose, Murphy Claire, and Evelyn Vaughn sounds like a match you'd see on the NXT Florida loop.

• Like 8