DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXIII

HumanChessgame

I'm not seeing where WWE is saying the RAW Tag Titles are on the pre-show. If so, making it a ladder match makes no sense. Why put a ladder match on the pre-show?

The only thing I'm seeing from WWE is the Battle Royal and Cruiserweight match on the pre-show. Not seeing the SD Women's Title listed for the pre-show either. If they are having some surprises in that Women's match, also doesn't make sense to put it on the pre-show. Why not put Pitbull and this lame "concert" on the pre-show rather than taking that time from the actual in-ring performers?

I can't think of one match that I'm very invested in for this year's Mania, which is sad. With just the sheer number of matches alone, you'd think something would pique my interest, but nothing on this show seems much bigger than something that would be happening on RAW or SD on any given week.

• Like 5

How the fuck do you book in advance like they did this year (at least it appeared that way) and still not announce that the tag title match is a ladder match until the day after the go home show. For fucks sake.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

It's supposed to be 92 degrees in Orlando, Sunday. Poor Taker and Goldberg. 

Well chances are that the sun will be down by the time they wrestle.  And if it is was anything like 2008 then the night time will be significantly cooler for them to work

If you hate Strowman after seeing this I don't know what to tell you

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I'm not seeing where WWE is saying the RAW Tag Titles are on the pre-show. If so, making it a ladder match makes no sense. Why put a ladder match on the pre-show?

The only thing I'm seeing from WWE is the Battle Royal and Cruiserweight match on the pre-show. Not seeing the SD Women's Title listed for the pre-show either. If they are having some surprises in that Women's match, also doesn't make sense to put it on the pre-show. Why not put Pitbull and this lame "concert" on the pre-show rather than taking that time from the actual in-ring performers?

Last night - the RAW tag match was listed in between the Cruiserweight and Andre match and both of those matches were listed as Kickoff so I think people just made the assumption that the RAW tag was supposed to be kickoff too.

When they announced the ladder stip - they moved the match up in the order so it is no longer in between the two announced Kickoff matches.

Smackdown tag titles (if it's happening) could be on the kickoff show.  I hated that the cruiserweight title was placed on the kickoff show but then I was listening to someone who said if it was on the main show it'd probably only be like 8 minutes.  On the kickoff show it could get close to 15.  So maybe I'm good with this idea.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Well chances are that the sun will be down by the time they wrestle.  And if it is was anything like 2008 then the night time will be significantly cooler for them to work

If you hate Strowman after seeing this I don't know what to tell you

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Push this motherfucker to the moon and don't look back.

• Like 3

Gates are opening at 3:30 PM and the event "starts" at 5:30 PM according to Camping World Stadium's website

So it appears that they learned from last year's mistake (assuming the wireless doesn't crash on them again)

Still if one was going to see every match from their seat you are talking at least 5 1/2 hours

There's plenty of time to get up and walk around, use the bathroom and get food during the Rollins/Hunter debacle.  Warning:  Do not type 140 characters during Brock/Goldberg. You will miss the entire match.

I'm still going to assume Naomi is returning  @Dolfan in NYC  Sadly, WWE most likely doesn't think her return is a big enough deal to show in front of a packed stadium.

God, Rollins-Hunter is going to go 45 with whatever bonkers entrance HHH has planned this time.  

Maybe they're going to have him at the top of the roller-coaster with a mask with microphones on it with a working waterfall that he controls.  

"DO NOT BECOME ADDICTED TO ROLLINS. HE WILL TAKE HOLD OF YOU, AND YOU WILL RESENT HIS ABSENCE. AH, MEDIOCRE.  HHH WILL RIDE ETERNAL!  SHINY AND CHROME!" 

Power chords... *Time to play the game...*

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, is that 5 on the pre-show now? 

No - it is only 3 like last year

The website lists just Neville/Aries, Andre and SDL Women's on preshow

And last year Andre was advertised all week as being on the kickoff and then got swapped out on like Saturday so things could still change

Unless thye announce it tonight on 205 Live I'm assuming that there won't be a multi-man Cruiser tag, which will be unfortunate. Hopefully if they don't do a cruiser match they put some of them in the Andre Battle Royal. If I had to guess assuming the cruiser tag does happen, the pre show would be first hour: Cruisers, SmackDown Tag and SmackDown Womens, with all three getting around 10 minutes, the Smackdown tag is getting between five and ten minutes, The SmackDowns womens might go 12. Seceond Hour: Andre Battle Royal (Top of the hour and given around 20 minutes) and the Cruiserweight Championship is probably going on at 6:40 and going 15 minutes. And i'd open the Main show with the pitbull concert and give them 10 minutes don't let them go 20 like Kid Rock did that one year.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The SDL women's match is officially a kickoff match now per the WWE website

This is one of the matches I was most looking forward to and wish it could trade places with the Raw women's title match lol 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jamal said:

This is one of the matches I was most looking forward to and wish it could trade places with the Raw women's title match lol 

Vince: Which one of the women's matches has Flair's daughter in it?

Producer: The RAW women's championship match, sir.

Vince: Put that one on the main card. It'll go great with Nikki and Maryse's Total Divas Pillow Fight match!

Producer: . . . . . . .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Aries and Neville are going to be playing to a three quarters empty stadium like Ryback and Kalisto did last year, aren't they?

3/4 empty venue works for the cruisers though.  Keeps that 205 Live atmosphere intact.  Also, opening with it will save the ring crew the effort of having to purple up the ropes later.

SD Tag Titles are on the main show cause I'm sure they want American Alpha and Angle to interact.  Probably should be the "cool down" match before the final.

There's no way Cena proposing to Nikki is going to get that big Macho/Liz moment that WWE thinks it will.  They haven't earned that.  Cena just started acknowledging her existence in front of the main WWE Universe like a month ago.