DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXIII

HumanChessgame

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's still time for Cena to find some cheap, toxic envelopes for the wedding invitations.

Why do you think he's waited till Spring? Also explains why he was gone up until the Rumble.

• Like 2

I loved Mark Crozer and the Rels playing "Broken Out in Love" at WM30.

Living Colour playing CM Punk to the ring at WM29 was awesome as well.

Once in a while, WWE has some good musical performances, but you have to weed through a lot of shit to get to them.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I loved Mark Crozer and the Rels playing "Broken Out in Love" at WM30.

Living Coulor playing CM Punk to the ring at WM29 was awesome as well.

Once in a while, WWE has some good musical performances, but you have to weed through a lot of shit to get to them.

I'm fine with a band playing a wrestler out to the ring. It adds to the spectacle, without taking up any more time other than a minute or two more than the normal entrance.

It's having bands out there just to play music that is generally a waste of everyone's time and money.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I'm fine with a band playing a wrestler out to the ring. It adds to the spectacle, without taking up any more time other than a minute or two more than the normal entrance.

It's having bands out there just to play music that is generally a waste of everyone's time and money.

Seriously.  There are enough pissbreak matches on this show already to drag the whole thing out with some performance a majority of the crowd will not care about.

Motorhead at WM 21

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Tinashe (my bride to be) will be performing as well.  She's no Pitbull but who is. 

So how long have you two been dating?

So Goldberg has hurt himself 3 times while barely wrestling, UT is held together with cotter pins and bailing wire and Shane-O is surely going to be pulling out the stunts (as well as concussing the fuck out of himself the last time he tried to wrestle). 
No way all three of those matches go to pre-determined conclusion. 

So Austin Aries vs Neville will be on the pre show.   Just hope it doesn't get the dreaded first match <_<

Also looks like the Smackdown women's match and the RAW tag team title match will be on the pre show with the mentioned below Andre the Giant battle royal

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Austin Aries vs Neville will be on the pre show.   Just hope it doesn't get the dreaded first match <_<

Wwe.com also has the Andre battle royal on the kickoff show

There's a really good chance I don't even watch WM. I'm on call this weekend, and there's been some Sundays where I've picked up 3-4 bodies and had to embalm, taking up most of my day. I won't be terribly broken up if I do miss Mania, especially with Austin Aries getting bumped to the pre-show. I don't even know if I'll want to go back and watch another time. That's pretty sad for the biggest ppv of the year.

If they want to incorporate musical acts into WM, they could do a festival-type show on Saturday afternoon with the pre-show matches mixed in.  Then, for Sunday's show, have a big act do a 15-minute set for a halftime atmosphere.

They're doing a better job on working with younger musicians for the other PPVs, maybe they get some of them to do something at WM weekend.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's a really good chance I don't even watch WM. I'm on call this weekend, and there's been some Sundays where I've picked up 3-4 bodies and had to embalm, taking up most of my day. I won't be terribly broken up if I do miss Mania, especially with Austin Aries getting bumped to the pre-show. I don't even know if I'll want to go back and watch another time. That's pretty sad for the biggest ppv of the year.

So...you're NOT facing Roman? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Can't you get Brian Lee to fill in for you?

There's no way they'll have a semi-retired 50 year old in a big time Mania...oh, wait...nevermind.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

They should follow the Super Bowl, and start booking better acts, like the NFL has done in the past decade or so. 

I don't know if I've ever been more confused by a post in the history of this board. (Although Gaga was pretty good, that was the first one that didn't suck in years)

• Like 1

Well, okay, maybe not super recently. But they had a run there with Tom Petty, Prince (which fn ruled), McCartney, Springsteen, The Who etc. 

I'm not saying they could possibly book those acts of that "magnitude", but get a band that's tolerable for once, or don't book a musical act at all.