DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXIII

HumanChessgame

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Braun was getting (and still is) over in a way that I'm sure even WWE officials didn't expect. There COULD be money in Braun given that fact and that he's super big and super athletic. The guy is a freak. I think it's pretty ridiculous to just write him off as a random monster... 

It's less about Braun and far more about WWE's track record. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

gF2DBiM.jpg

Unironically 100x better than the real poster, although Cena needs a touch up. Most of these look like pictures they take of you going downhill on a roller coaster that you could buy for $20 in the gift shop.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, twiztor said:

i hope Show/Shaq happens.  yeah, i'm probably the only one.

The Show-Shaq Redemption. 

Can't remember who coined that, "(Brian) Shaw-Shaq Redemption", during "The Big Show" era of SportsCenter. I'm 97% leaning towards Patrick or Olbermann. 

• Like 2

Not for nothing, but had Bruno been around in the attitude era and he was just dishing out "get off my lawn" beatings to DX he would have been the most over babyface in the company.

Here's something we haven't considered for Show/Shaq. Could Shaq even pass a WWE physical even if they gave him the most lax of standards? If I remember his last season in the NBA, he missed most of it cause of a broken foot before he decided to just retire. I think the "out of my hands" thing or what ever it was reason is Shaq is too much of an insurance risk for them. I can see him easily getting injured going for a big boot or something.

• Like 3

So I just realized-- what the hell are they gonna close the show with? Goldberg/Lesnar could be an absolute disaster if it goes more than 2 minutes but there's really not other matches that are last match main event worthy...

Just now, Matt D said:

There's no match on the card which will have a finish that makes people happy. How do you make a Mania like this?

That's my point. 

The only way you can make Roman/taker work as a show closing match is if they're doing a full fledge heel turn. Which i doubt they'll do.

• Like 1

Here's how I would book the main event, put Goldberg/Lesnar last 5 minute match Goldberg retains. all the babyfaces come out and celebrate on the stage. Bayley goes into the ring and hugs Goldberg, but doesn't let go, someone announces an impromptu match is happening, let say Foley, bayley to belly pin BAYLEY IS THE NEW UNIVERSAL CHAMPION, everyone goes home happy, except Lesnar who probably kills Hawkins and eats his heart in the back while this all happens. Show fades while Cole yells about the history making event.

well maybe that's not the way I'd do it but it'll probably be better than what we get.

7 minutes ago, Thibs said:

That's my point. 

The only way you can make Roman/taker work as a show closing match is if they're doing a full fledge heel turn. Which i doubt they'll do.

Taker wins by Triangle-ing Roman out of a Superman Punch causing Roman to snap.  He officially turns heel viciously beats down Undertaker with everything he can find. And when it looks its bleakest...

Organ pipes hit.  It's Kane.   Back from the dead and ready to kick ass.  He goes after Roman, but he's fucking super saiyan at this point. Not even an enraged Kane can beat him down.  Chair-shots for everyone.  

Then Roman gets the idea...   This will be his yard once and for all...  

He preps for a tombstone onto a chair.

UUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Braun sprints down to the ring to save Undertaker, fends off Roman, who finally retreats after Strowman debuts a new finisher and Taker recovers and tombstones him. Taker and Kane thank him, they all celebrate.  23-1 for Taker, full-fledged face turn, Roman can deal with Kane for a month, and Braun moves to the upper card. 

(Not that this will happen, but there are ways to go.  A few eggs have to be cracked though.)

• Like 1

Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse goes on last and the show ends with Cena proposing in the ring, but we get the copyright notice and fade to black before Nikki answers while Michael Cole yells "What is she going to do?! What is her answer?! What an amazing WrestleMania Moment!!"

• Like 1

For what it is worth - Meltzer said that what he has been told for now is that Goldberg/Lesnar is closing.

Obviously that could change several times.

Like he and LAW guys were talking on that one show that if they end up turning Reigns (doubtful but still) that that should close since there really is no way to recover the crowd from that.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For what it is worth - Meltzer said that what he has been told for now is that Goldberg/Lesnar is closing.

Obviously that could change several times.

Like he and LAW guys were talking on that one show that if they end up turning Reigns (doubtful but still) that that should close since there really is no way to recover the crowd from that.

And having 80,000+ booing Reigns out of the stadium as WM goes off the air would be a great visual. Really, that's what they should go with because lesnar/Goldberg could be a complete train wreck. 

Does anybody still believe they're going to turn Roman heel? It's so fucking crystal clear but Vince has such a blind spot concerning the guy and has shown he doesn't care about how Roman is received. 

Well if he isn't turning heel then the crowd will do it for him.  I mean shit they were booing him last year against Triple H imagine the Undertaker.

Brock vs Goldberg as a main event is fine if it isn't going 3 or 4 minutes.  if they are actually committed to a 10 plus minute match then that is okay

36 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well if he isn't turning heel then the crowd will do it for him.  I mean shit they were booing him last year against Triple H imagine the Undertaker.

Brock vs Goldberg as a main event is fine if it isn't going 3 or 4 minutes.  if they are actually committed to a 10 plus minute match then that is okay

I don't think I want to see Goldberg in anything more than a 4 minute match at this point. He gets gassed walking to the ring and is sweating buckets doing promos.

And the crowd can't turn Roman heel, otherwise it would've already happened. He can get booed vociferously but Vince won't pull the trigger and will continue to market and push him as a babyface because merchandising or some such nonsense (as if he's some irreplaceable babyface). 

I hope Goldberg beats Lesnar in 2 minutes and the last match is Reigns beating Undertaker in 30 seconds when Undertaker takes his hat/wig off and turns around into a spear.  Ain't nobody got time for 6 hours of WrestleMania.

• Like 4