DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Well, I Guess We're Actually Doing This - 3/7/2017

Niners Fan in CT

4 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Maybe John will open the present and get bit by a dog instead.

A BIG DOG.

That's right, I'm booking a Cena/Reigns feud.

John would get bit by a viper, leading to Cena/Orton again.

7 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Maybe John will open the present and get bit by a dog instead.

A BIG DOG.

That's right, I'm booking a Cena/Reigns feud.

Now I really want to see a smirking Reigns claiming to Renee that he had no idea the dog that bit Cena had rabies. 

A question I have always wondered, but forgot to ask, is why does Nikki Bella rip off her shirt during her intro to reveal a similar shirt of the same size underneath?

BTW, I've always quite liked John Cena, even when it wasn't popular to, or the tide of public message board opibion had turned agains him.  But watching him smirk and point at his wife-to-be on SD made me kinda dislike him.

Serious question, though,is Maryse a good wrestler?  I remember liking her when she was Diva's champ, but a lot of that was her awesome bilingual theme ("Ooo oui!"), her hair flip, and that the bar was pretty low for women wrestlers in WWE at the time.  And I'm not about to go out looking for Maryse matches, so someone tell me: any good?

6 hours ago, caley said:

Serious question, though,is Maryse a good wrestler?  I remember liking her when she was Diva's champ, but a lot of that was her awesome bilingual theme ("Ooo oui!"), her hair flip, and that the bar was pretty low for women wrestlers in WWE at the time.  And I'm not about to go out looking for Maryse matches, so someone tell me: any good?

Not really. She was a little better before the injury though.  But it's a mixed tag so she should be fine. 

12 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm too lazy to try to go back and find it now, but, at some point after Meltzer first mentioned the post-match proposal, I suggested that, if you want to turn Cena heel, you could do worse than have Cena/Nikki win the match, set the stage for the proposal, then have Cena do a "Nah.  I changed my mind" deal and blow it off.  That'd be some quality heeling.

Technically, this would make him the biggest babyface ever to every dude who felt their girlfriend was pressuring them into marriage. 

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

Not really. She was a little better before the injury though.  But it's a mixed tag so she should be fine. 

Yeah, she's not Rosa Mendes-levels of bad or anything. She's tolerable

But she's certainly not good.

She is far better as a manager.

15 hours ago, (BP) said:

An arranged marriage really is the logical conclusion of Vince finally finding an ace that's completely devoted to him and the company. 

Vince: "He will learn to love her."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

i was going to suggest Maryse in the Trish role since

1. Fits the angle

2. Both canadian

3. Unsure of trish's status regarding pregnancy 

Spoiler

4-The-Maryse-Oullet-Facebook.jpg

Edit: This would have worked better had it been white lingerie like Trish.

On 08/03/2017 at 9:33 PM, Cristobal said:

My ass did VINCE arrange that though...

You know, for all the "HHH married Stephanie for power/wealth" talk, any time you see them together you can tell: There is something there. It isn't a sham.

As for Cena proposing at Mania. Eh...I really do feel bad for him if he has second thoughts. Because he honestly can't back out now. 

Nikki will be furious because he's humiliating her. Vince will be furious because he's ruining his WM plans.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:30 PM, caley said:

BTW, I've always quite liked John Cena, even when it wasn't popular to, or the tide of public message board opibion had turned agains him.  But watching him smirk and point at his wife-to-be on SD made me kinda dislike him.

1. Has anything ever been made better by a person adding husband/wife to the act. I have to go back to Ozzie/Harriet and Lucy/Desi and I think they started as a team. Well Lucy was an actress but she had cooled off a bit. Hogan's family kinda killed his career.

Maryse has charisma, ring presence and basic athleticism. Like any of the women, quality was dependent on match lay out. 

3 hours ago, Reed said:

You know, for all the "HHH married Stephanie for power/wealth" talk, any time you see them together you can tell: There is something there. It isn't a sham.

Not really commenting on HHH's or Stephanie's motivations, (I don't pretend to know either,) but I think everyone involved has commented publicly on the (wholly understandable) reluctance of Vince with regards to his daughter dating/marrying a wrestler.

From what Vince has said: He objected at first.

But he realized that if HHH truly wanted to be with her, HHH wouldn't have cared what Vince said. 

It was when HHH proved himself to him.

"Yeah, well, we're doing it anyway."

And he liked the guy all along so...