DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Well, I Guess We're Actually Doing This - 3/7/2017

Niners Fan in CT

2 hours ago, JCM said:

"Did you get into some cat nip?"

I rarely pay attention to promos anymore, but when did Alexa become so good on the mic?

She's been good for a while. But I swore that little jab was because Nattie looked like she had cat makeup on when she was walking to the ring. The lighting and shadows combined with what ever rouge she had on her cheeks, she looked like she had an old school Scary Sherri deal working.

56 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Miz, indeed, killed Cena on Talking Smack. However, I feel like all this stuff Miz and Maryse are saying about how John/Nikki don't really love each other and how their love is fake is totally leading to Cena doing the rumored proposal to Nikki after they handily win the match at Mania. Nikki is already rumored to be taking time off after Mania, and it's confirmed that Cena is as well. So we'll get the sappy proposal in the ring after the match, and Nikki and John will ride off in to the sunset together for a few months. If we're "lucky", we'll get a sequel to the "Match Made in Heaven" where John and Nikki get married in the ring as the main event of SummerSlam.

If this means John opens up a present and gets bit by a cobra, I'm all for it.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

Miz, indeed, killed Cena on Talking Smack. However, I feel like all this stuff Miz and Maryse are saying about how John/Nikki don't really love each other and how their love is fake is totally leading to Cena doing the rumored proposal to Nikki after they handily win the match at Mania. Nikki is already rumored to be taking time off after Mania, and it's confirmed that Cena is as well. So we'll get the sappy proposal in the ring after the match, and Nikki and John will ride off in to the sunset together for a few months. If we're "lucky", we'll get a sequel to the "Match Made in Heaven" where John and Nikki get married in the ring as the main event of SummerSlam.

Meltzer basically said this was the plan a few weeks ago on WOR:

*Bryan* "But, eh, what if he changes his mind about marrying her?"

*Dave* "Well, he can't now."

Oddly, I cracked up at that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Reed said:

Meltzer basically said this was the plan a few weeks ago on WOR:

*Bryan* "But, eh, what if he changes his mind about marrying her?"

*Dave* "Well, he can't now."

Oddly, I cracked up at that.

I'm too lazy to try to go back and find it now, but, at some point after Meltzer first mentioned the post-match proposal, I suggested that, if you want to turn Cena heel, you could do worse than have Cena/Nikki win the match, set the stage for the proposal, then have Cena do a "Nah.  I changed my mind" deal and blow it off.  That'd be some quality heeling.

I kinda want the wedding proposal to end with something ridiculous.  Like, Nikki turns down John's proposal, throws a fireball at him, and marries Bray Wyatt instead on the Smackdown after WM.  If Bray hops around the ring and cackles "it was me, it was me, John, all along', even better.  I'm probably evil for wanting this, but, in my defense, real-life proposing to your girlfriend on camera during a PPV is a stupid idea, so Cena probably deserves however many snake bites he gets for going along with this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm probably evil for wanting this, but, in my defense, real-life proposing to your girlfriend on camera during a PPV is a stupid idea, so Cena probably deserves however many snake bites he gets for going along with this.

Said snake bite will be in the form of a cobra in a gift box at the wedding reception.

Said cobra will be courtesy of Santino.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

or Trish in all white lingerie?

i was going to suggest Maryse in the Trish role since

1. Fits the angle

2. Both canadian

3. Unsure of trish's staus regarding pregnancy 

21 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Will there be a cello playing cena's theme, like the kane-lita wedding? 

Nakamura and Roode will both allow for their ring entrance musicians to serve as the band for the festivities.

This will be a point of argument and help lead to their first match on Smackdown.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

i was going to suggest Maryse in the Trish role since

1. Fits the angle

2. Both canadian

3. Unsure of trish's staus regarding pregnancy 

Preggers Trish would still look hot in lingerie.

• Like 4