DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Well, I Guess We're Actually Doing This - 3/7/2017

Niners Fan in CT

34 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'd be okay with that, or them teaming up.

By the way, we never did get a reason for the whole her crying thing before she got released, did we?

I could swear that the crying bit was before the pregnancy.

So...are we not going to discuss Bryan confirming all of our fears with his "we'll see in a year and a half" comment? I legit can't tell if he was really pissed at what the Miz was saying just then and decided to throw out there that he's done with WWE in a year and a half to start wrestling again.

The people I want to see AJ wrestle at in Mania in that video (in order)

Jamie Knoble

Daniel Bryan

Adam Pearce

Michael Hayes

Michael Cole

Renee Young

Shane McMahon

Road Dogg

• Like 18

Road Dogg screaming "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" trying to redirect AJ Styles had me cracking up last night. I half expected him to pull a squeaky toy, a clicker, or a dog biscuit out of his pocket.

• Like 2

"When you have true love you don't make her sign a contract to be your girlfriend!"

A cool thing about The Miz as a heel is that, while he's an annoying arrogant douchebag, he does occasionally make very good, astute points.  

Shades of when he called out Bryan after Bryan trashed him for not taking more risks in the ring. 

I saw that episode of Total Divas when Cena pressured her into signing that contract before she moved in. He didn't come off well at all.

Eh, I think Cena is basically a good person, he's just forced himself to be detached.

Cena: "I will never, ever have kids!" 

It's an odd position for a young man to have. (Eh, Nikki would be doing most of the work, dude. You could just be casual and check in on weekends.)

And when you realize meeting and connecting with all those dying Make a Wish children might have been why he's firmly decided on this. 

I think Cena is more a douche than a psycho. There's been more than a few released wrestlers and writers who have said how much of a douche he was.

If Miz and AJ aren't competing with each other for the World Title after WrestleMania, than all hope is lost. Outside of them I feel like Smackdown has nothing going for it, so that probably means they both lose at Mania.

I can't imagine anybody has interest in Orton having a long reign, they just wanted to have buildup for the Wyatt storyline. I have never understood the popularity of Orton and if it wasn't for the "RKO Outta Nowhere" getting popular last year, I doubt we would be sitting through this.

Also, I do not understand how Curt Hawkins has ever had a job. I have never seen a WWE match or indy match where he seemed even slightly interesting.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Road Dogg screaming "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" trying to redirect AJ Styles had me cracking up last night. I half expected him to pull a squeaky toy, a clicker, or a dog biscuit out of his pocket.

Spoiler

article-0-2049659A00000578-579_634x422.j

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

It'd hard to believe that just a year and a half ago, I really wanted Miz to be future endeavored. This guy is killing it on every level, now. 

He's great because the babyfaces smirk and look down on him as some shallow, stupid Hollywood reality guy.  

Then, occasionally, he makes certain points to them. "You wrestled a crazy style and can't wrestle anymore? Well, I didn't and I can still wrestle!"

And he's probably right about Nikki and Cena being doomed in the long run because they want different things.

Oh, right. There was emotional depth in him all along. 

• Like 1

I want the Miz to win at WrestleMania more than I want Cena to win, and I started out wanting to see Cena kick Miz's ass. Now though? Man, I look at the Miz and hear what he's saying and the dude is right, even if it's in a "you're not wrong, you're just an asshole" kind of way.

Miz needs another World title run soon. And hey! Wouldn't it be neat if Orton is the guy he once again beats for that title?

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Miz needs another World title run soon. And hey! Wouldn't it be neat if Orton is the guy he once again beats for that title?

He does. A face-turned AJ chasing Miz for the belt is the best thing WWE could produce right now. 

• Like 4

Any woman that's been part of SD and is available to wrestle can be in the title match?  Does that include Delilah Doom and Thunderkitty?

Actually, if Paige has been cleared to wrestle, I can see her being the big surprise return. Rock makes a movie about your life, you'll have a bit of that mainstream media attention that the WWE higher ups clamor for.

• Like 1

Miz, indeed, killed Cena on Talking Smack. However, I feel like all this stuff Miz and Maryse are saying about how John/Nikki don't really love each other and how their love is fake is totally leading to Cena doing the rumored proposal to Nikki after they handily win the match at Mania. Nikki is already rumored to be taking time off after Mania, and it's confirmed that Cena is as well. So we'll get the sappy proposal in the ring after the match, and Nikki and John will ride off in to the sunset together for a few months. If we're "lucky", we'll get a sequel to the "Match Made in Heaven" where John and Nikki get married in the ring as the main event of SummerSlam.