DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Well, I Guess We're Actually Doing This - 3/7/2017

Niners Fan in CT

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That Mick Kick was on the button and Alexa sold it like a gunshot.  Like the set-up for the women's match, as it gives room for a Naomi run-in if she's healthy.

Also potentially opens it up for a Beth Phoenix run-in too.

The Miz stuff is so great in part because it's one of the only times in current WWE programming that I'm genuinely not sure how much Daniel Bryan fucking genuinely hates him and how much it's all just work. They are so opposite is every way and Miz finds those weak spots in Bryan's ideology about wrestling and just hammers them.

He throws Bryan off so badly that at one point Bryan was complaining that Miz was just a WWE shill while sitting there on the WWE network after having just shilling for James Ellsworth tights.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Michael Hayes was dressed as.  Jon Lovitz auditioning for Tim Burton's joker?

He looked like Barney The Dinosaur if Barney was in the Russian mob. 

• Like 1

Great stuff from Orton/Styles. I've imagined for a year they would feud and do the Phenomenal Forearm into the RKO so that fakeout was incredible.

Love the women's segment and tag. Alexa is the best and I hope she retains against all comers at Mania. Hopefully they get time to have a good match similar to the inaugural title match 6 way at Backlash last year.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anyone know anything about Michael Cole's duties as a producer(?) at the Tuesday tapings? Would love to know more. 

I think he's in charge of producing the commentary.  He's usually at NXT tapings too.

7 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anyone know anything about Michael Cole's duties as a producer(?) at the Tuesday tapings? Would love to know more. 

I remember reading a few months back that perhaps he was thinking of stepping back from the commentary role because he enjoyed producing so much. Don't know if it ever went further than that.

7 hours ago, piranesi said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Michael Hayes was dressed as.  Jon Lovitz auditioning for Tim Burton's joker?

rehost_2016_9_13_f8725266_b5ce_42ba_a826

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Jamal said:

And with that one segment and match, I'm now more excited for the Smackdown Women's Title match at Mania than this 3 way that Raw has put together. 

It is pretty amazing. Not that long ago, I'd have paid the old PPV price for the Takeovers Bayley and Sasha worked, largely on the strength of those matches. Now? Eh. 

I do think the Smackdown title match benefits from the tension created by Naomi possibly returning, and even (less likely, but maybe) Asuka debuting. 

• Like 2

Also liked in the beginning of Talking Smack of Bryan almost dickishly putting down Renee for being on that RAW post game show with Lawler.  She is trying to proclaim her all "team blue" and Bryan is "Don't go on shows that are bad"  

He wasn't wrong by the way

• Like 1

BTW - as a reminder, they are supposedly trying to get former Divas for the Smackdown match too. That is why there has been talk of like Kelly Kelly returning

So keep that in mind when measuring your excitement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Awesome Kong should be brought in anyway to teach Nia Jax how to be an intimidating monster.

I'd be okay with that, or them teaming up.

By the way, we never did get a reason for the whole her crying thing before she got released, did we?