DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Well, I Guess We're Actually Doing This - 3/7/2017

Niners Fan in CT

I loved the way Orton and Styles worked that match. Orton actually got to play the powerhouse role for a change while Styles chopped him down. Orton sold the leg like a champ throughout the match and they had some really creative spots. The finish was incredible too. Props to whoever came up with that.

33 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

To WWE, they're putting AJ in one of the biggest matches on the show.

I want something different for him, but this isn't totally wrong. A few clever spots and crazy bumps and it could be the match most casual fans remember fondly, given the trainreck potential of Taker/Reigns and Lesnar/Goldberg.

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder if AJ winning wrestler of the year means anything, positively or negatively, to the wwf brass.

I doubt it. WWE gave him their "Superstar of the Year" award in their yearbook they still put out. Again, whether we like it or not, the Shane match is considered a big deal.

Curt Hawkins best not pick up his phone after WM.

Both shows are awful regarding the tag teams, but SDL is fucking up on an epic level. They've done nothing good with American Alpha, they didn't keep Slater/Rhyno on TV though they're still pretty popular, and they've now wasted the Usos' strong promo.

Shane and Bryan recapping what we had just seen on the Orton fire video would get 95% of the roster booed to infinity, and rightfully so.  Shit was awful.

You'd think Nikki had never seen a John Cena match with how iffy she was on some stuff. I guess she was giddy from wrestling with her man. Ellsworth's gear is freaking hilarious.

Ambrose laid an egg on the mic tonight. I liked Corbin's forklift bit, though.

That Mick Kick was on the button and Alexa sold it like a gunshot.  Like the set-up for the women's match, as it gives room for a Naomi run-in if she's healthy.

I love Miz.  I love Maryse even more.  And I hope to find someone who loves me as much as Maryse loves Miz. 

Good main event, though I thought we'd see Bray pop up somehow.

Up and down show for me.  Some entertaining stuff, but a few things whiffed.

Loved the finish to AJ/Orton. It also always weird and interesting to be reminded of just how big Randy actually is when he goes against guys like Styles.

35 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

To WWE, they're putting AJ in one of the biggest matches on the show.

The thing is they aren't wrong. Its just a sad statement of the overall booking that it is one of the bigger matches they can give AJ.

I feel sorry for AA and SDL's tag team division. It really is probably as good as Raw's, if not better. They just seem to have no real interest in doing anything with it.

Well it looks like they're going ahead with AJ/Shane.  It's a total waste of the WWE's MVP of the past year, but at least it won't be as big a trainwreck as last year's Taker match.  And Hayes' paisley suit ftw.

Both Maryse and Miz have the delusional hypocrite act down to a science.

AJ and the tag division was pretty much the only reason I was watching this show, so I think I'm out. Orton is my least favorite of all time by a very long shot, this Cena thing is such a waste (leaving or not), and Becky should be on Raw ripping apart the other three.

Ambrose/Corbyn does look kinda fun, though.

• Like 1

I really hate this time of the year in wrestling. 

The match was great as expected, but Randy does not need the main event. Harper and AJ need it. You keep bringing in new stars by the truckload, but when it comes to the show that matters, it just doesn't mean shit. Fuck, man. How long has Wrestlemania been the most underwhelming show of the year in wrestling? Like I didn't even watch Wrestle Kingdom in full this year, but I just might do that shit because this entire fucking card looks like fucking hot garbage. You can sit there and act like AJ is a miracle worker and can make something happen with Shane, but if I wanted to watch a car wreck, I'd watch news coverage of the Trump Administration. 

It' like every year the WWE has to clean up the mess after Wrestlemania and they start building up good shit just to tear it down again for this regressive nostalgia circle jerk that no one gives a shit about anymore.

• Like 6

I love that Miz just exhausts Renee and Bryan's patience so much with his spiels that you can just read it in their faces. Young's expression after "Tune in next week for Talking Smack, it won't be as good because we won't be on it. See ya!" was the perfect icing on the cake.