DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] RICOCHET vs. JACK GALLAGHER

RICOCHET vs. JACK GALLAGHER  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

There weren't enough adequate Prince Puma moments this year to counter the consistent awesomeness of Jack Gallagher's headbutt.

This does not mean that I don't love Ricochet like family.

39 minutes ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

I still don't like the Daivari feud,

The Daivari feud was awesome and the "I Forfeit" match was a hidden gem of early 205live before it started hitting its stride.  There are reasons to vote against Jack but that feud sure isn't one of them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CSC said:

The Daivari feud was awesome and the "I Forfeit" match was a hidden gem of early 205live before it started hitting its stride.  There are reasons to vote against Jack but that feud sure isn't one of them.

I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. While Jack, as a character, was fun, the matches (outside of the aforementioned I Forfeit match which was excellent) were really pedestrian and were threatening to drive Jack into a rut of signature spots and little else.

I think Riccochet gets pretty severely underrated around here. I need to dig more into what he has going on during the voting period to be sure, but as for whose matches I would rather watch, on the whole, it's an easy choice for me.

Gallagher is a very good wrestler, so I may be on the wrong side of history, but I am betting in six months when he's stuck as the third Vaudevillain, there's going to be a real severe cooling off on him.

Edited by The Idiot King
Typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Idiot King said:

I think Riccochet gets pretty severely underrated around here. I need to dig more into what he has going on during the voting period to be sure, but as for whose matches I would rather watch, on the whole, it's an easy choice for me.

Gallagher is a very good wrestler, so I may be on the wrong side of history, but I am betting in six months when he's stuck as the third Vaudevillain, there's going to be a real severe cooling off on him.

I love wen these arguments come up. Who cares man? Maybe that's true. That doesn't change that he's a fantastic wrestler (we have plenty of evidence to support that claim) who had a really good year and was a constant high point on the shows he was on.

16 hours ago, The Idiot King said:

Apropos of nothing, were this just based on ability and not usage per company stature and gimmick, I'd have a hard time voting against Simon Gotch versus a lot of people.

Just now, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

Apropos of nothing, were this just based on ability and not usage per company stature and gimmick, I'd have a hard time voting against Simon Gotch versus a lot of people.

Is there a standout C-show Gotch match?

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Is there a standout C-show Gotch match?

I wish I had an answer. I'd say it's likely but I haven't watched them like I should. I should go back and see. I saw a good house show match with them and Alpha, anyway.

I'm always just really into how he works, even if it's only for a few minutes. He has a unique but believable way he moves and gets into position to take offense. His moveset is kinda basic, but he hits hard, looks good in what he does do, His facials are a little cartoony sometimes but it fits the gimmick and he seems like a genuine fighter.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic