DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Well, I Guess We're Actually Doing This - 3/6/17

Dolfan in NYC

The "CM Punk" chants have officially passed the "What?" chants, on the cringe scale. Just awful.

Speaking of Mr. Brooks, Austin Aries has the necessary tools to step into that role, if they wanted him to. After tonight, he's sort of a "made man". 

Man, that Jericho-Joe match was all sorts of stiff.  Joe just punched Jericho straight in the forehead (You could see the mark his fist left for the rest of the match!) so Jericho proceeded to chop Joe as hard as a man humanly can.  

I quite like Triple H's stable of portly gentlemen.

• Like 8

For everyone wanting Braun vs. Taker at WM, do you really think Strowman has what it takes to carry fifty-year old Undertaker, with all of his physical limitations, to a decent match? Say what you want about Reigns, but he's proven time after time that he's more than capable of having genuinely great matches.  

I dont think Roman will get a great match out of Taker. All the hype will be from the crowd turning on Roman and entertaining themselves.

Braun killing Taker dead in a Mania 30 style squash would make him a hoss for the ages.

Then build to Brock v Strowman - Battle of the Beasts who beat The Undertaker - at SummerSlam or Mania next year.

• Like 2

Does Taker not have insurance or are we just assuming this? WWE pays medical costs for all injuries anyway. Now, if he was needing a hip replacement, that's something I'm not sure on. I mean, it's not like ACL surgery and recovery is chump change. I'm sure it's a lot of money.

1 hour ago, ChrisM said:

For everyone wanting Braun vs. Taker at WM, do you really think Strowman has what it takes to carry fifty-year old Undertaker, with all of his physical limitations, to a decent match? Say what you want about Reigns, but he's proven time after time that he's more than capable of having genuinely great matches.  

Taker really should have just retired after losing to Brock as I don't think anyone (aside from maaaybe Styles) is capable of carrying Taker to a decent match.  When was the last time he even had something that wasn't total crap?

• Like 2

At least the last two nights for 205Live have been what most of us hoped we would get out of 205Live

Sami is gonna have a swell time in a multi-man ladder match

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Bayley vs. Sasha was nice, but it definitely felt like they held back a lot. I'm disappointed Nia seems to be nowhere near this feud right now.

Yeah, I assumed we were in for a four corners match at Mania. 

So, now we have a countdown to the "return" of Emma? Just stop it, show. 

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Braun killing Taker dead in a Mania 30 style squash would make him a hoss for the ages.

The putting over of Lesnar to end the WM streak now seems like a horrible idea in retrospect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The When In Doubt, Kick Enzo In The Face law of wrestling has been proven.

The eruption of cheers that Big Cass will get when Enzo tries to apologize after another loss where Cass almost won but ended up taking the pinfall because he can't win 2 on 1's all the time and Cass just responds by Big Booting Enzo into the fifth row will be an amazing pop.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

The eruption of cheers that Big Cass will get when Enzo tries to apologize after another loss where Cass almost won but ended up taking the pinfall because he can't win 2 on 1's all the time and Cass just responds by Big Booting Enzo into the fifth row will be an amazing pop.

And we will have yet another addition to the Justifying Heel Actions thread.

• Like 6

I only read recaps and maybe click through Youtube videos now...so is Mania going to be Taker vs Strowman or Reigns?  Or is it a 3 way?  I'm still not convinced this isn't some "Producers" level fuckery, like they're trying to tank mania for reasons.

I haven't been watching more than sporadically, so I am curious: Was there a point before the Rusev/Lana stuff that Enzo lost his luster?  Did his desire to fuck his KFC order come before or after?

2 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I love Neville.  I love A Double.  So excited for their feud.  Fell asleep for the last 2 hours.  I'll fast forward through if I have time tonight, but quick question.....did anyone point to the WrestleMania sign??

Your question should be...did anyone not point to the Wrestlemania sign?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The putting over of Lesnar to end the WM streak now seems like a horrible idea in retrospect.

I don't think it was. It's not Brock's fault this company can fuck up the simplest of ideas.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I love Neville.  I love A Double.  So excited for their feud.  Fell asleep for the last 2 hours.  I'll fast forward through if I have time tonight, but quick question.....did anyone point to the WrestleMania sign??

I don't remember exactly, but I noticed they seemed to be phasing away from "pointing at the sign" to "looking at the sign and shooting it over the person who's looking at the sign's shoulder".  

I can't wait until WWE has a good enough CGI division that they can just insert a Wrestlemania sign onto the screen with little bubbles so that it's like we can see Sasha Banks thinking about it.

• Like 8