DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Well, I Guess We're Actually Doing This - 3/6/17

Dolfan in NYC

I was ready to crown this the Night WWE Killed Chicago until Taker/Braun. Then Taker/Roman happened. So, yeah...

Even Chicago was dead for Sasha/Bayley and they responded with a somewhat klutzy match.

It looked like Bayley and Sasha were wrestling the safest and slowest match of their careers which this close to Mania maybe that's what the thought process was. I'm a little surprised they had Brock murder Goldberg (complete with title attached to his hand like he was an action figure).  I thought for sure Goldberg wouldn't take a bump this close to Mania.

19 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So you are saying there is a chance :D

Oh and fuck the Chicago crowd and your CM Punk chants.  The man stopped giving a shit about you a long time ago it is time to move on

CM Punk was right all along. He knew what was coming with full timers taking a back seat to part-timers for WM. 

Braun should have run in at the end, taking out both Roman and Taker to a massive pop.

Great reaction for Austin Aries tonight. Nice to see Austin's package again. While I look forward to the program between he and Neville, I hate to see Aries relegated to the cruiserweight division. The CWC was great, but the division really isn't neccessary with guys the size of Bryan Danielson and Seth Rollins having been world champion and Sami Zayn regularly competing with heavyweights.

Stephanie was full of vim and vigor after not being on screen last night. Once again, that was some major clit cutting. Who's the Boss? The answer is Tony Danza.

Still a better show than last night.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Aries promo loses points for him sucker punching Neville instead of sticking his thumb in his eye.

No way. You can never lose points for hitting someone with a microphone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Considering his fragile condition, I don't think Taker could survive a match with Braun. Better to just take a running hug from the big dog.

Pretty much.  Braun's become much better, but it may be too much to ask him to help Taker in a match without something going very wrong. Not because Braun would botch anything so much, but the sheer physicality of his offense.

3 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

But that Jericho/Samoa Joe match was alright.

Joe's been great...until he ultimately runs into Roman. :::sigh:::

After a match with Braun, Taker might need to invest in DDP Yoga.

• Like 1

I fully expect a Taker injury with Roman. Probably his hips.

What sucks is that Roman will probably run through Braun a few more times before Mania.

Dreading Reigns in an eventual fued with Joe. But whatever, digging what Joe's doing now and gonna drink in the last few weeks of this wonderful Jericho run.

I know what you're getting at and it won't matter the next time they meet but Joe beat Roman already.

I want Sheamus to come up with as many brogue kick versions on Enzo as DDP had versions of the Diamond Cutter for the Flock.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is that before or after we donate to a gofundme to get The Undertaker a new hip? 

I hope Taker has a Lloyd's of London policy because hip replacements can cost more than some people make in a year for patients without health insurance.

It would be nice to see Braun turn the Taker/Roman match into a triple threat where he wins. I hope for this even though I know it won't be. Honestly though I would rather Braun be nowhere near Taker unless Braun was winning. Even against Roman he had a chance.

Neville/Swann was good and the Aries attack was almost perfect. If only he went for the thumb to the eyes.

Bayley vs. Sasha was nice, but it definitely felt like they held back a lot. I'm disappointed Nia seems to be nowhere near this feud right now.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope Taker has a Lloyd's of London policy because hip replacements can cost more than some people make in a year for patients without health insurance.

I'd bet Taker has an arrangement with Vince to cover medical costs should he get hurt. OK, WHEN he gets hurt. 

2 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'd bet Taker has an arrangement with Vince to cover medical costs should he get hurt. OK, WHEN he gets hurt. 

The thing is that he is hurt. He's crumbling into dust. That process is not going to reverse and things like this will only speed it up.