DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/13/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid def. The DCC, Fallah Bahh & Mario Bokara, and Reno Scum when Garza Jr. pinned Bokara with a moonsault
*Taped for Xplosion: ODB & MJ Jenkins def. Laurel Van Ness & Angelina Love (w/ Davey Richards) when ODB pinned Laurel after Angelina walked out on her.
*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. Fallah Bahh after the Sky High. After the match, Bahh attacked Shera and laid him out with a banzai drop.

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 13, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Reno Scum def. Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid and Decay in a triple threat tag team match.

*Bruce Prichard in-ring segment to reveal the result of the fan vote for #1 contender and the winner is James Storm. EC3 comes out and argues the result, calling the system rigged. Bruce tells EC3 to look in the mirror and ask what happened to EC3. Bruce brings up EC3 not only losing to Alberto but tapping out. EC3 responds that he will do what it takes to prove what he's made of.

*Allie & Braxton Sutter def. Sienna & "KM" Kevin Matthews when Allie pinned Sienna after Sienna caught Allie's crossbody but tripped over KM on the mat. After the match, Kongo Kong debuts and attacks Braxton, hitting a samoan drop and corner cannonball. Sienna hits Allie with the AK47. Laurel Van Ness comes down to beat on Allie until Sienna has to pull her off. Sienna, Laurel, Kongo, and KM leave together. Braxton carries Allie to the back.

*Rosemary def. Santana Garrett

*Andrew Everett def. Marshe Rockett, Suicide, & Gregory Shane Helms with the shooting star on Rockett. After the match, Trevor Lee runs out to attack but Everett catches him with a rana.

*Davey Richards (w/ Angelina Love) def. DJ Z via ankle lock submission. After the match, Eddie Edwards comes out but is stopped by security. Alisha runs out and goes after Angelina starting a pullapart brawl among security.

*Team Jeremy Borash (Alberto El Patron, Chris Adonis, Magnus, & Matt Morgan) def. Team Josh Mathews (Lashley, Bram, Eli Drake, & Tyrus) after Morgan hit the Carbon Footprint and Magnus hit the flying elbow drop. After the match, the babyfaces come out to celebrate. Alberto gets the crowd to sing goodbye to Josh as he leaves and everyone celebrates.

*Allie & Braxton Sutter def. Sienna & "KM" Kevin Matthews when Allie pinned Sienna after Sienna caught Allie's crossbody but tripped over KM on the mat. After the match, Kongo Kong debuts and attacks Braxton, hitting a samoan drop and corner cannonball. Sienna hits Allie with the AK47. Laurel Van Ness comes down to beat on Allie until Sienna has to pull her off. Sienna, Laurel, Kongo, and KM leave together. Braxton carries Allie to the back.

Okay - all is forgiven TNA

• Like 2

I just approve of Kongo Kong being Kong (duh) to Laurel's Faye Raye (complete with her still being her wedding dress).

Plus Sienna

I know nothing about Matthews so I am gonna give him the benefit of the doubt

EYFBO debuts the "week" prior as the new LAX and Kongo Kong debuts this week.

Why do I still not trust the things are getting better voice in the back of my head?

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Why do I still not trust the things are getting better voice in the back of my head?

Total guess: Because they brought back Matt Morgan but they haven't announced the return of Shark Boy?

16 hours ago, J.T. said:

LEF1YPbz.jpeg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, zev said:

Total guess: Because they brought back Matt Morgan but they haven't announced the return of Shark Boy?

I'm probably the only one, but I would love for them to bring back Stone Cold Shark Boy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Hopefully, he listened to the pod about how to do the Stunner properly. 

Wouldn't matter, they'd book him against Moose and he'd get speared 5 seconds into the match.

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed that the DCC jobs on this taping of Xplosion as well at the 4/6 taping.

Poor Eddie Kingston.

The awesomness of Kongo Kong is counteracted by the fact that someone offered gainful employment to Matt Morgan.

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎07 at 1:14 PM, BrianS81177 said:

I'm probably the only one, but I would love for them to bring back Stone Cold Shark Boy. 

I think at this point they would run with CM Shark just because, you know...TNA.

He would sit on the ramp and drop fish bombs, the whole nine.

I missed the first match but I'm sure I didn't miss much. Rosemary/Santana was good and it was nice to see Kongo Kong on tv even though no one cared. Rest of the show was ruined by the Josh/Borash bickering show. I don't know what Impact was thinking doing that feud. It just makes the show unwatchable and does nothing for the talent. Josh is awful in every way and Borash isn't much better. I get that Borash is loyal but he just reminds me too much of the old TNA and is proof things will never change. Impact has good talent but none of them matter above Bruce, the Jarretts, Dutch or even Borash. It's sad to see guys like Dezmond Xavier going to Impact and knowing they will get stuck in the constant X-division multiman matches that are designed only to get over Shane Helms. 

I expect Josh to be back in the next couple months or less.  I seriously doubt that anyone is telling them most of the people are either watching the show on mute or not watching at all so they will see this as a "hot feud"

Desmond is a pretty good talent but he is much better with Zachary Wentz and I am sure that they will confuse him with Marshe Rockett on more than a few occassions

Really dug the Rosemary/Santana match, good stuff from them and Santana shined with Rosemary great as always. Did get a good laugh out of JB saying Alberto texted him and Josh responding with "Was it a text or a periscope!?" Main event was decent with that finishing stretch of everyone hitting their move, posing and then turning around to the next guy's move. Guessing Morgan, Magnus, and hopefully Adonis are all sticking around. Looks like Crimson is next to come back. They at least did a good job setting up things for next week's show. Lashley/Storm was one of my favorite matches last year so looking forward to them headlining again.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:27 AM, Thibs said:

Drunk Laurel, Kongo Kong, Sienna, and her cousin KM. Quality. 

Loved Drunk Laurel looking back at Kong with a "who in the Hell" look on her face lol They're going to be the perfect enemies for Braxton and Allie.

I enjoyed Santana/Rosemary too and interesting that everyone seemed to forget "brittany" but maybe that was a good thing lol 

• Like 1

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 8:01 PM, hammerva said:

I expect Josh to be back in the next couple months or less.  I seriously doubt that anyone is telling them most of the people are either watching the show on mute or not watching at all so they will see this as a "hot feud"

Considering he never even left the show, and his being booked as being a liar.  I think he'll be back this week.  Probably on commentary.  I've actually come around on Pope quite a bit, mainly as I feel sorry for him stuck in this middle of this bickering announcers mess where he has to kind of try to point them repeatedly back at the match and has Matthews trying to jump on everything he says which lead to my favourite moment of the week when Pope stumbled over his words talking about Santana Garrett and Matthews said "A pretty girl comes out and Pope trips all over himself" and instead of Pope trying to cover, he just kinda laughs and admits it's true.

• Like 2

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 9:05 AM, caley said:

Considering he never even left the show, and his being booked as being a liar.  I think he'll be back this week.  Probably on commentary.  I've actually come around on Pope quite a bit, mainly as I feel sorry for him stuck in this middle of this bickering announcers mess where he has to kind of try to point them repeatedly back at the match and has Matthews trying to jump on everything he says which lead to my favourite moment of the week when Pope stumbled over his words talking about Santana Garrett and Matthews said "A pretty girl comes out and Pope trips all over himself" and instead of Pope trying to cover, he just kinda laughs and admits it's true.

I don't want to say 'I told you so' but I told you so.

• Like 1