DVDVR Message Board

Web's Weekly Wrestling Wrant Podcast

Defy 6 took place at the Temple Theatre on August 3rd in Tacoma, Washington. I attended and so did my pals Bo Bowell and Eriq Law. We sat down at Doyle's across the street from the venue after the show and discussed the show. I want to apologize in advance for the sound as we recorded this in the middle of a busy bar. Also Bo and Eriq might be a little rough and the edges for some people. They aren't overtly offensive (or at least not to me) but they can be off color from time to time. But this is an enjoyable listen and a fun talk. Please leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to apologize for missing last week, I have no excuse I just dropped the ball. But im back this week giving you the exciting conclusion to episode 15. This week I give you health updates on Ric Flair and my thoughts on Ric Flair the performer and then I review the WWE Great Balls of Fire PPV including the epic Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe from July 9th. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

I sat down with one of my good friends Kyle Evans, and we had a discussion about pro wrestling. And what a discussion it was. Some topics include a lot of WCW talk, favorite Eddie Guerrero matches, wrestling video games, our favorite Kevin Nash match and we even talk about Defy there at the end. Please leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter at @webconn69.

Saturday is the new day for the podcast. And I made it (on the west coast). This week I give all of you another Ric Flair health update (spoiler alert: he's getting better), my friend Alec and myself discuss the Mayweather vs McGregor fight, then I review WWE Battleground from 7/23/17 and I do the whole package the Kickoff Show the Main Show and Talking Smack then cuz it was like the Battleground epilogue SmackDown from 7/25/17. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected]and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

This could have been called "Web Prattles on About TNA". I wanted to briefly discuss the recent TNA/Impact/GFW uncertainty with Anthem to be topical but it turned out I ended up talking about my TNA viewing history and the angles that I remembered, liked and disliked. I also discussed what I think GFW and Anthem should do going forward and I end up reading from lolTNA (a must read for every wrestling fan) and fall down that wormhole. I also review NXT TakeOver:Brooklyn 3. I know I said I would also Review SummerSlam this week but I didn't get to it so thats coming next week. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected], also follow me on twitter @webconn69 and check out my new tumblr page websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com.

I apologize for being a day late. Things happens. This Week I read some more lolTNA history reliving the saga that was PacMan Jones in TNA in the late summer/early fall of 2007. We also see a return of Tom's Mailbag to the show. And in part 2 of my impromptu 3 part Summerslam Series (Brooklyn 3 last week was part 1) I review the SummerSlam Kickoff Show. School was busy I didn't get to Summerslam this week but I will get to it. Most Likely the Review of SummerSlam will be coming in three weeks but back to the Kickoff Show. I feel like enough had happened on the Kickoff (3 exciting matches, 2 title changes, a Drifter concert and Shawn Michaels dancing around ringside dressed as Colonel Sanders) to warrant its own show. Oh fuck I almost forgot I cap this show off with predictions for ROH Death Before Dishonor which takes place in 5 days on 9/22 from Las Vegas. I will be in attendance and will be reviewing the show on next week's podcast. As always rate review and subscribe on itunes. Leave question comments and concerns at [email protected]. Follow me on Twitter @webconn69 and also check out websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com

Welcome back to Wranting Wrestling. This time I have my really good friend Riyadh Rollins, we had a really fun conversation about not only wrestling but music and whatever the hell else we ended up talking about. Topics include; SmackDown Memories, Rey Mysterio (we even talk about Eddie vs Rey custody of Dominick ladder match), John Cena vs CM Punk, new character ideas for Roman Reigns, Miz as WWE Champion, Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion, Japanese Wrestling's influence on North American Wrestling and so much more. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] , follow me on twitter @webconn69 and checkout my tumblr site websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com.

Two Days late my bad. This Week I Discuss WWE Using the Starrcade name to promote a live event. I speak on the Passing of Bobby Heenan. And then I review ROH Best in the World PPV from back in June and I give a Live Report of ROH Death Before Dishonor on September 22nd in LAs Vegas. The Show ends with my friend Raza and myself giving our No Mercy predictions. I know this Podcast is dropping after No MErcy but I wanted to include it anyway. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected], go to the podcasts tumblr websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

I have all the Evans boys on Wranting Wrestling now. Fun talk, audio is a little low we recorded over facetime. This is a late '90s, early aughts heavy discussion. Topics include, Why Tyler likes Randy Orton, Is Shawn Michaels one of the best wrestlers ever?, How dumb is Don Griswold?, The magic of Daniel Brayn and CM Punk vs John Cena. Leave Questions comments and concerns at [email protected], check out the tumblr websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Back on schedule. This week I give an update on not only the WWE Starrcade card but also an update on Billy Corgan purchasing the NWA and I review an episode of old Memphis wrestling from 5/21/83 before sending it over to a Review of No Mercy I did with my friends and returning guests Alec and Raza. Please leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] follow me on Twitter @webconn69 and check out my tumblr page (websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com)

Episode 22 - "The Summerfest 2017: Brooklyn Like A Motherfucker ... 48 Days Later"

It's finally here, the 3rd and final part of my SummerSlam review. The event itself, SummerSlam. I also speak on the Las Vegas travesty, I attend school here I felt it was only right to speak on it. I also give an Update on Billy Corgan's purchase of the NWA, it has officially began the Corgan era of the NWA. I also review this week's (10/4/17) episode of NXT and I cap the show off with Alec and I making predictions for tomorrow's (10/8/17) Hell in a Cell PPV. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected], check out my tumblr (websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com) and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Episode 23 - "Shane McMahon Dies For Our Sins"

This Week was kind of a slow week in wrestling. I didn't get around to reviewing these weeks NXT but I plan on giving ya'll a double dose next week. But this week I speak a little bit on Neville allegedly walking out on the WWE before getting into the Hell in a Cell review with Raza and Alec. Lots of content in this review. We speak on the show but we also veer off into some fan old school wrestling convo's around the way. Alec is a baby fan he's just learning so Raza and I have to teach him and that includes a couple history lessons here and there but its a fun talk and i'm sure ya'll will enjoy it. Leave question comments and concerns at [email protected] come, peep the tumblr (websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com) and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Wranting Wrestling Episode 9 with Jay "TK" Lee

This week, I have Jay "TK" Lee on the episode. Jay attends UNLV with me and in talking to him I learned he has trained to be a wrestler and has had a wrestling match. So we talk about that. We also talk about what makes Shawn Michaels Jay's favorite wrestler, if AJ Styles has had a bad match or not, this year's Wrestlemania, Attitude Era WWF, and so much more. This is a real fun convo just bullshitting about wrestling. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] follow the tumblr (websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com) and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Episode 24 - "My Most Half Assed Episode Yet"

This week I speak on the shake up to the TLC card because of viral infections, finish my Bobby Heenan Tribute which I started on Episode 20, I review NXT from 10/11 and 10/18 and I finish the show off being joined by Raza for TLC Predictions. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected], check out the tumblr (websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com) and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Episode 25 - "Chilian Mumps"

Hello scumbags, and welcome to the longest episode of 4W EVA!!!! It's a milestone episode it's the 25th. Well 26th technically with epiosde 0 and actually 27th cuz episode 15 was in two parts, but officially it's 25. This is a jammed back podcast this week. Tons of fun. The Show starts off with a 5 minute cold opening, addressing the 25th episode and some of my favorite moments of the pod so far. Alec joins me for the intro and we discuss the Smackdown beatdown on the Raw roster at the end of Raw, and Raw vs Smackdown at Survivor Series. Then Alec talks about WWE investing into the eSports team Cloud9. I then go on to review the 10/15 and 10/22 episodes of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood (you can watch for free every sunday at 4pm on fite.tv) I highly suggest going out and seeking Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. Really good television wrestling. I then go on to review the 10/25 NXT. And the show of course ends by Alec, Raza and I reviewing TLC. Not giving anything but TLC was a pretty solid show. I highly recommend checking out AJ Styles vs Finn Balor. Of course Alec, Raza and I go off on side tangents (a big highlight includes explaining to Alec that Jay Leno once wrestled in a match). Leave Questions Comments and Concerns at [email protected]. Checkout the tumblr (websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com) and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

I decided to give all you Scumbags a break this week and following my longest 4W ever with the shortest 4W I've ever down. This clocks in at 51 minutes but its a good episode. Length has nothing to do with the quality of the show. This week I speak on the RAW 25th Anniversary that's coming from both the Barclays and The Manhattan Center in January. I then speak on the releases of Emma, Summer Rae and Darren Young from the WWE on sunday October 29th. In a new segment I give brief recaps of this week's Raw and SmackDown on 10/30 and 10/31. And I end the show with reviews of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood on 10/29 and WWE NXT on 11/1. Rate review and subscribe in Itunes or Apple Podcasts to be hip. Check out the tumblr (websweeklywrestlingwrant.tumblr.com). And follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Busy Episode this week. A lot of topics covered. It's a fun episode. I discuss the Ric Flair 30 for 30, talk about the upcoming Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho at WrestleKingdom in January, tell the tale of my first live wrestling show from 7/2/01 (it was the infamous Booker T vs Buff Bagwell Raw), "briefly" recap Raw and SmackDown from 11/6 and 11/7, then i review the 11/5 Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and the 11/8 NXT, Then I throw it over to Alec and myself sitting in the Orleans TGI Fridays after the NXT Live Event from the Orleans Arena on 11/10. Rate review and subscribe on Itunes. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected]. Follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Hey everybody welcome to the show. This week I discuss the Montreal Screwjob as it been 20 years (11/9/97). I start the show off with a variety of topics (Ellsworths release, India tour being reduced to one show and WWE Starrcade), I then recap Raw and SmackDown from 11//13 and 11/14 before getting into the Montreal Screwjob. I chronicle the events leading up to Survivor Series '97, I then discuss the show with my pal Ugo (1hr 46min 17sec mark) who was there live 20 years ago. I end the show with my thoughts on the whole ordeal. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. This is a special podcast recorded in Ocean Shores Washington! This week I give a brief introduction with some "help" from my good friends the Murphy's then I recap Raw for 11/20, no Smackdown this week. Then I throw it to Alec and I's review of NXT Wargames. And I end the show off by talking about the WWE 2018 PPV schedule that has been circulating the web. It's a chill week this week, enjoy. Leave Questions Comments and Concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

I made it just under the wire. I feel like it's been a minute since a West Coast Saturday release. This week I discuss the WWE Starrcade event which was held on 11/25 in Greensboro, North Carolina (raise up, take your shirt off and twist it 'round your head like a helicopter). I then recap Raw from 11/27 and SmackDown from 11/21 and 11/28. I then cap this show off a review of Survivor Series all the way back from 11/19 and that's both Kickoff and Main Show. Leave Questions Comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on Twitter @webconn69.

Hey! Hows it going? This week I discuss the WWEs recent Middle Eastern Tour including the history making Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks which is the first women's match in Abu Dhabi and Triple H vs Jinder Mahal in india. I then speak on the AXS TV 3 hour Wrestle Kingdom 12 special that will air on 1/6/18 and that turns into me talking about Wrestle Kingdom and how I think should go over and just New Japan talk in general. I then recap Raw 12/4 and SmackDown 12/5. I end the episode speaking about this wrestling documentary The Trade (www.amazon.com/Trade-Nick-Mondo/…ywords=nick+mondo) which is about Sick Nick Mundo and it's really good I highly recomend it. Leave Questions Comments and Concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

This is a great episode this week. A fun episode! I speak on The upcoming WWE Tournament that will air on Facebook, The Mix Match Challenge. I recap the 12/11 Raw and the 12/12 SmackDown. The New Japan on AXS TV review makes its triumphant momentary return. And then I present to all of you the most comprehensive and detailed review of ROH Final Battle you will ever hear with two returning all star guests of the show, Don Griswold and Secret Guy. The Final Battle is something else I'll tell you that. Well worth the listen. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Merry Christmas Scumbags! I want to apologize for being a day late its the holidays and things happen. This Week I have some additional comments on Final Battle that I want to make that I didn't get to last week (If you heard you understand). Then, I review Clash of the Champions (including The Kickoff Show and Talking Smack) I cap the show off recapping the 12/18 Raw and the 12/19 SmackDown. It's a light episode this week but it's Christmas.

It's the last episode of 2017. And I'm going out with a blast baby! After I first recap the Christmas Raw. I had a busy week with family in town, it being the holidays and going to a TrailBlazer game. I didn't get to SmackDown or New Japan this week but don't worry next week is gonna have a ton of both. The main course of tonight's entree is the first annual Webby Awards. It's a year end recap of the best and the worst of 2017. I had a ton of fun coming up with the winners of the first annual Webbys and I hope you have fun listening to it. Let me know if you agree with the winners by sending your questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on Twitter @webconn69.