DVDVR Message Board

Web's Weekly Wrestling Wrant Podcast

This is my first attempt at podcasting so please forgive me. I got a wild hair up my ass and watched all of last weeks WWE programming yesterday then podcasted about it this morning. This is the first episode a test episode of sorts. Podcasts will come out every Friday from here on out. sorry about the sound I did it with my laptop mic hopefully as i go on the show gets smoother. Its also on soundcloud right now only cuz I'm having issues with Itunes right now.

This week's episode is up later than anticipated but its up

Typo free description this week! This week, I pay tribute to Dennis Stamp, give my thoughts on the March 12th WWE MSG Show, give a ROH 15th Anniversary Show live report. Plus reviews of ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw, Smackdown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event and after much wait Lucha Underground on Netflix Retro Review.

Colt Cabana Art of Wrestling with Dennis Stamp: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g4Af_X9PAU
Dennis Stamp, Grado, & Dick Justice VS. The Iron Curtain: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkk21FTXhas

This Week: I make a last minute addition to last weeks Dennis Stamp tribute, I give my thoughts on the WWE showing interest in buying ROH rumor. Plus I review ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw, SmackDown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event and top it all off with the Lucha Underground on Netflix Retro Review.

Special Thursday night edition of the podcast. My brother and I are flying to Orlando tomorrow (Friday) for Wrestlemania Weekend. I wouldn't be able to record this tomorrow. This week I review CMLL (Lucha Libre!) on TV Azteca, ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw, SmackDown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT and the Lucha Underground Netflix Retro Review. No Main Event review this week it wasnt on Hulu yet when I started recording this. Next week will be a double dose of Man Event! Plus I give my Predictions for ROH Supercard of Honor, Takeover: Orlando and Wrestlemania 33. Please fill free to send your questions comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.
Hardys vs briscoes 4/26/14: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNVM3w10vEw&t=354s
Austin Aries vs Noam Dar TNA Xplosion February 2015: www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5KN5_w2Cg8

I want to apologize for the lack of an actual show today. I'll have it up tomorrow (April 8th) but with being in Orlando for Wrestlemania Weekend and getting caught up on school work I feel behind on my wrestling watching so I wasn't caught up in time to record today. That being said I felt I had to give you something so I'm previewing an Indie Show I'm attending tonight, Defy 2: Wolves At The Door. I'll have a review of this show up next week. If you live in the Greater Seattle Area and want to attend its Tonight, April 7th at 7:30 Pm Washington Hall 153 14th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122. I'll have the regular podcast up tomorrow (April 8th) thanks for your patience and understanding. Please feel free to leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter at @webconn69. Oh and another thing check out Defy Wrestling at www.defywrestling.com/ and on twitter @ defyNW

Cody Rhodes vs Shane "Swerve" Strickland Defy 1; Legacy 1/13/17 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZViGEimVc

• 2 weeks later...

After an unintentional self imposed exile, we're back. And with a huge podcast. This episode I discuss my brother and I's trip to orlando for Wrestlemania week. Plus life reports from the Hall of Fame, Supercard of Honor, Wrestlemania and the Raw after mania plus reviews from the week of April 1-6 with ROH Wrestling, NXT TakeOver: Orlando, Raw Talk, Smackdown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event and of course the Lucha Underground on Netflix retro review. Also feel free to leave question comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs Ultimate Warrior vs Rey Mysterio vs Ric Flair Wrestlemania 33: vimeo.com/211391813

Better late then never. I decided as an olive branch for leaving ya'll high and dry for over a week, I'd give you an added bonus and make my Defy 2 review a stand alone episode. Defy 2 took place on April 7th in Seattle Washington. I was there live and had a blast. Support your local independent wrestling. If you live in the seattle area I hope to see you at Defy 3 on May 26th. check Defy out at www.defywrestling.com/ and on twitter @defyNW also if you're in the Seattle area check out 3-2-1 Battle at www.facebook.com/321Battle/ and on twitter @321battle and also check out Lucha Libre Volcanica at luchavolcanica.com/ and on twitter @LuchaVolcanica. And you can leave questions comments and concerns for me at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Mike Santiago vs Davey Richards - DOA Wrestling: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiI2F5snCSY

Eddie Van Glam vs Joey Ryan - 3-2-1 Battle: www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbP2KnEZtM

Just to clarify this is the week of 4/7-4/13. I apologize for not recording this on Friday but something came up with school and school comes first. i'm trying real hard to get caught up before next Friday. On this episode I review New Japan on AXS TV, ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw, SmackDown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event and The Lucha Underground on Netflix Retro Review.

Heidei Lovelace (Ruby Riot) vs Kimber Lee (Kimberly Frankele) Beyond Wrestling: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPHlm6jjkjI

Shinsuke Nakamura's NXT Farewell: www.youtube.com/watch?v=V07U0nHnQI8

Week of April 15th-20th. On this episode I briefly discuss Jinder Mahal's push and answer an email. Then I review ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw (Hulu Version), SmackDown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event, and of course the Lucha Underground on Netflix Retro Review. Feel free to leave a question, comment or concern to the correct email at [email protected] and follow me on twitter at @webconn69. And I shall see you on Friday.

Big Show vs Braun Strowman Raw 2/20/17: www.dailymotion.com/video/x5cm7kf_b…full-show-hd_tv

It's a day late but I'm all caught up. This week I discuss the Vince McMahon Movie and I answer an email. Then I get into my reviews of ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw, SmackDown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event and The Lucha Underground on Net Flix Retro Review. And I conclude the show with my Payback, April 30th in San Jose Predictions. Feel free to leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69

Randy Orton vs Bob Holly - SmackDown 4/25/02: www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2YZr2kGDB4&t=46s

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize foir no show on Friday. My computer finally crapped out on me. There will be a show. I apologize for not keeping up with my Friday release dates and releasing podcasts late. Just bare with me and I'll get better.

This podcast was sent from my butt phone (you'll understand when you listen). I want to apologize for being late delivering this episode. My laptop finally died on Friday. This was recorded from my phone so there's no theme song, but hey its probably the best sounded podcast I've done. But moving on, this week I answer some emails and discuss Billy Corgan purchasing the National Wrestling Alliance. Then I review ROH Wrestling, Payback April 30th in San Jose, Raw Talk, Monday Night Raw, SmackDown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event and capping it all off with the Lucha Underground Netflix Retro Review. Please leave your questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69. 
Lio Rush vs Flip Gordon: www.youtube.com/watch?v=towYrwMy_Lo
Fashion Files: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgBnFGd1Ixs

• 4 weeks later...

Hello scumbags, I'm back after a self imposed exile. There's a lot of televised wrestling throughout the week i can't keep up. I'm changing some things up but I'm here to stay. This week I answer some emails and then get into reviews from the week of May 5th-12th for New Japan on AXS, ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw (Hulu Version), SmackDown, Talking Smack, 205 Live, NXT, Main Event, ROH War of the Worlds and Lucha Underground Netflix Retro Review. Rate Review and Subscribe on iTunes. Feel free to leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected]. And follow me on twitter @webconn69.
The Dudley Boys Heatwave '99 Promo: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrjcWMbrno
Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid New Japan 8-5-82: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkT97N5eTHA
Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid WWE MSG 8-30-82: www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5euVRTrMOc
The Carnies vs Coast 2 Coast ROH The Experience 2-12-17: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUv4JHhiNLI
Shaheem Ali vs Will Ferarra ROH 15th Anniversary 3-10-17: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUGXaweMdzc

The Fashion Files London: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wm_I78qXM

Don Griswold of the infamous Butt Phone Email is on the podcast and we talk wrestling among other things. Topics include: D'Lo Brown, The Attitude Era, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Rikishi, JBL, Eddie Guerrero, WWF changing its name to WWE, this years Wrestlemania and Don's dog eating a sock. Rate Review and Subscribe on iTunes. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected]. Follow me on twitter @webconn69.
D'Lo Brown vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin WWE Sunday Night Heat 10-11-98: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD-GK2LplnQ
Bubba Ray Dudley Bubba Bombs Mae Young Through a Table: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwKwgI-TLDc
Mae Young Gives Birth to a Hand: www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36qKzPx6RI
Mae Young and Her Son Raw 1000: www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36qKzPx6RI
Eddie Guerrero vs JBL WWE Judgement Day 2004: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvswoS5xe94

It hasn't even been a week yet and "Wranting Wrestling" is back, this time with my brother Steve. I've been trying to get Steve on the show since I started it but he would never come on. But after hearing Don Griswold Steve had to show him up. We talk about a wide range of wrestling related topics from our Extrem Rules predictions (this was recorded saturday June 3rd a day before Extreme Rules), Why Diamond Dallas Page is Steve's favorite wrestler, why Steve is a wrestling fan, Wrestlemania 33, ROH SuperCard of Honor, Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion, Steves favorite Kevin Nash match, and we even briefly discuss UFC. This was a real fun conversation from two life long wrestling fans just reliving monents from their childhoods. You can leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69. Also follow the Renton high school wrestling team (this comes up in the podcast) at facebook.com/rentonwrestling
DDP theme song "Self High Five": www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YsUEFf521I
DDP vs Randy Savage Spring Stampade 97: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YekH1GXT_LY
DDP winning the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Spring Stampede 99: www.youtube.com/watch?v=seAUKvKL_Bo
DDP vs Jimmy King Ready to Rumble: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkntZHB9R7Y

We are back on schedule bay-bay. I'm just skipping two weeks. This week i'm reviewing May 27th-30th. I discuss Billy Corgan trying to purchase the NWA saga, Jinder Mahal winning the WWE Championship and give you scumbags some news on New Japan G-1 Special. Then of course I review ROH Wrestling, Monday Night Raw (Hulu Version, SmackDown and Talking Smack. send your questions comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.
Jinder Mahal winning the WWE Championship Backlash 2017: www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8yK1TiZg98
Punjabi Celebration: www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2z1Y-kVZ1E
WWE Memorial Day Videon Package: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBZj4iHn34

This is almost 3 weeks after the fact but this is my review of Defy 3: Swerve City. I was there live and had an absolute blast. If we live in the greater Seattle area and enjoy wrestling you gotta check out a Defy show. The next events are JUne 29th in Tacoma at the Temple Theater and June 30th in Seattle and Washington hall. Check Defy out ion their website www.defywrestling.com/ and on twitter @defyNW. Also leave question comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

• 3 weeks later...

Tom is a friend of mine and a fan of the shows he even has a reoccurring segment on the show titled Tom's Mailbag. So we sat down together and talked wrestling. Topics include tons on WCW Talk, we speak on the nWo, Hollywood Hogan, Sting DDP, Spring Stampede. We also speak on the Fashion Police, Rated R Superstar Edge, Jinder Mahal as champion, This years Wrestlemania, Wrestlemania 19 in Seattle, Stone Cold vs The Rock, A little about McGregor vs Mayweather And just how fucking goofy our friends are. This was a fun chat and a real fun listen. Leave Questions, Comments and Concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.
Hulk Hogan vs Sting - TNA Slammerversary 2011: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCINhc9cce0
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock - Wrestlemania 19: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnqQL1jEBI

And we are back. This is the Week of June 2nd-8th. I'm three weeks behind deal with it. Today on the show I start off by paying tribute to the fallen Chandler Biggins (Chris Bryan) the co-owner of AIW (Absolute Intense Wrestling) who passed away on June 19th, per request I give a brief summary on the Osirian Portal, I then review New Japan on AXS TV, Extreme Rules, Monday Night Raw (Hulu Edition), SmackDown and ROH Wrestling. I then end the show with a tribute to Prodigy of the legendary rap group Mobb Deep who passed away on June 20th. Leave Questions, Comments and Concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.
Chandler Biggins AIW Debut: www.youtube.com/watch?v=naas4wmT-vQ
The Osirian Portal Hypnotize Their Opponents Into Dancing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bpnNr_4VQs
The Osirian Portal vs Delirious and Hallowicked: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfpwGjOms8Q
The Osirian Portal vs The Colony: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfn7rbRv5Q
Samoa Joe Chokes Out Paul Heyman: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgo5kpHCB84
The Fashion Files: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnDh1vA73LY
Kevin Steen (Owens) vs Shinsuke Nakamura - War of the Worlds 2014: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdEHlf29YBA
Mobb Deep - G.O.D. Part III: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6Cc_ELv8o
Prodigy - Mac 10 Handle: www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5SZAMBdHHY

• 3 weeks later...

On this episode of Wranting Wrestling I talked to Jesse Coffin. Jesse is a pal of mine who has a vast knowledge of pro wrestling hence this fun convo I had with him. Don Griswold and Secret Guy (he doesn't want his identity revealed) joined us from time to time. We talk about Scott Hall, WCW, The Monday Night Wars, tons of Attitude Era talk (lot more than normal), Wrestlemania 33, Wrestlemania 19, We touch on Chris Benoit, New Japan briefly and Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker plus so much more. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Dropped this on friday but got busy and forgot to post him.

I'm back and hopefully here to stay this time for reals. After another self imposed 3 week exile I am back with a new format and new style and the same shitty attitude. This week Don Griswold, Steve and Secret Guy join me to answer a few emails and chaos ensues, then I talk about the WWE at MSG show from July 7th What went down and why I think it should be a network special, Next I get into the meat and potatoes of this show and talk about the media circus that is Mcgregor vs Mayweather, the press conferences were insane and I explore them in detail before giving my thoughts on the actual fight that is taking place August 26th in Las Vegas and then I end the show reviewing New Japan on AXS and ROW Wrestling from June 9th and 10th. Leave Questions Comments and Concerns at [email protected]and follow me on twitter @webconn69.
The McGregor-Mayweather Press conferences:
LA: www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJdeoYxYGs
Toronto: www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZcGjg03-E&t=148s
Brooklyn: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktUGNEyW7To&t=1989s
Lomndon: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkuYRHK1WDU&t=2784s

Dropped this thursday

This Week I bring to you another edition if Wranting Wrestling. This is a continuation of my conversation with Don Griswold, Steve and Secret Guy (for a guy who doesnt want his identity revealed he's been on the show 3 times now) from the opening statement of last weeks 4W episode. This is a trainwreck, I listened to it, it's fun but theres choas. We talk over each other people are talking at the same time but we take trips down memory lane and have a good time. Some of the topics discussed are our favorite Stone Cold moments, our favorite D'Lo Brown moments (of course we do, Don Griswold was there), the Billy and Chuck commitment ceremony and our favorite Smackdown moments. It's a fun quick listen. Leave question comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn 69.

And I tried to drop this last night but ran into technical difficulties so I was released today.

Well I dropped a podcast on two consecutive fridays (on both coasts). A little later then I wanted to but hey what can you do. This week I review New Japan on AXS Tv from 6/16-6/30. Which covers MArch 19th-June 11th. Matches I'm covering include the semi-finals and finals of the NEw Japan Cup, Tencozy vs War Machine, Okada vs Shibata, Naito vs Juice Robinson, Ricochet vs Hiromu Takahashi, Tanahashi vs Naito and the epic Okada vs Omega 2. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.
*Technical Difficulties lead this to be released Saturday but I tried dammit.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this in right under the wire. Three weeks (on the west coast) in a row i've dropped a show on friday. last week was a technicality I dropped it on friday but they file was corrupted. But onto this week. I discuss Money in the Bank and The Women's Money in the Bank Rematch from SmackDown on 6/27/17. I wanted to also review Great Balls of Fire but in order to get this out in time, 15b will be a Great Balls of Fire review. It should be up in a couple days. Please leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on Twitter @webconn69.