DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/6/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Reno Scum def. The DCC (Bram & Kingston)
*Taped for Xplosion: Laurel Van Ness def. MJ Jenkins after spitting champagne in her face

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 6, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Eli Drake def. Caleb Konley

*Bruce Prichard brings Josh Matthews & Jeremy Borash to the ring. Prichard is sick of the bickering so he announces Josh & JB will pick teams of four to face off next week.

*ODB wins the Knockouts Gauntlet Match to become #1 contender to the knockouts championship last eliminating Madison Rayne.

*"Cowboy" James Storm is out returning to his old "Longnecks & Rednecks" theme song. Storm says he's the Cowboy and he's proud of it. Storm talks about when he won the world championship being the most viewed Impact, now he's going to win it again. Bram & Kingston interrupt. Kingston calls Storm a carny liar. Storm says they had an agreement but it went off course. Kingston argues that it was all about Storm and spits in his face. Storm then lays out Kingston and Bram with Last Call Superkicks.

*Andrew Everett def. Marshe Rockett & Suicide with the shooting star on Rockett

*Davey Richards (w/ Angelina Love) def. Eddie Edwards in a Last Man Standing match after a kick to the head with a steel chain around his boot.

*Alberto el Patron def. Jon Bolen after the tree of woe double stomp. After the match, Alberto calls out Lashley but gets no answer.

*Bruce Prichard hosts the team selection of Jeremy Borash & Josh Mathews. Josh says if his team wins it proves he is the best but if he loses, he will leave Impact. Josh wins the coin toss to go first and picks Lashley. Borash selects Alberto el Patron. Josh picks Bram. Borash picks Chris Adonis. Josh picks Eli Drake. Tyrus comes out and Bruce gets in his face. Tyrus is Josh's last pick and his team attacks until Matt Morgan makes the save. Morgan gets overcome by the numbers until Magnus returns as the final member of Borash's team. The teams brawl until Borash's team clears out Josh's team.

Well to be fair 2007 TNA was one of their few bright periods in company history.   Although they are missing their key elements of that roster like Styles, Joe, Angle, Christian, Sting,  and every cruiserweight that was working in that company

Working nights will be a blessing this week as I can sleep though this with the comfort that I won't miss the new LAX not being in action and will slumber peacefully through the ODB debacle.

I love the Nitro esque "we're outta time! we gotta go! get to the website!!!" ending. Fun segment, always great to see Chris Adonis back. Also different to start the show with guys already in the ring to start a match immediately. While the commentary was at it's most ridiculous tonight, I do think Josh Matthews is somewhat entertaining in his role.

Davey/Eddie was awesome and brought the violence, good stuff.

Glad to see Madison Rayne got her classic "Killer Queen" theme song back. Amanda Carolina Rodriguez got Sarita's great old music and I always dug Storm's Longnecks and Rednecks theme.

The outta time ending would have been good if A' the Impact website wasn't shit and B. this wasn't taped a month ago. I'm glad this announcers feud BS is ending soon cause they were god awful tonight. That women's battle royal was bad enough but then Josh has to get that dig in on Ava. Davey/Eddie was pretty good and I liked the Kingston promo on Storm. I expect him to transform LAX to Blkout when Konnan eventually gets fired. 

Maybe if I watch IMPACT this will make sense but in the spoilers the person who comes out with Kongo Kong isn't Sienna.  It is Laurel still doing her crazy drunk bride gimmick.  So why is Sienna in the promotional videos promoting the beast.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Maybe if I watch IMPACT this will make sense but in the spoilers the person who comes out with Kongo Kong isn't Sienna.  It is Laurel still doing her crazy drunk bride gimmick.  So why is Sienna in the promotional videos promoting the beast.

Laurel and Sienna were both in Maria's group. Since the wedding, Laurel's lost her mind and Sienna's been trying to pick up the pieces and get revenge on Allie/Braxton. 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Yeah, but I think pics were posted on Twitter and it was drunk wedding dress Laurel.  Sienna is aligned with her though.

I skipped ahead 5 minutes at a time throughout the whole show, and literally every time I stopped it Josh Matthews and Borash were yelling at each other. Literally yelling. Who is that appealing to??

Who is this Jon Bolen though?? He looked great during his short match with Alberto. He had to have concussed himself taking the double stomp, but he took other rough bumps and had great snap on everything. Everybody recommend me high end the Jon Bolen stuff!!

Their mock "then,now,forever" intro that shows every wrestler they ever failed to make a star has three focused shots of Styles, Joe and Jarrett. 

One of these things is not like the others. 

I JUST finished this (Yes, it took me the better part of 2 weeks to watch it!).

The biggest problem with the way the announcers feud went down is Borash is portrayed as the good guy and the voice of the people (Even with his misogynistic "Ladies first" dig to Josh), while Josh is the petulant bad guy who badmouths the roster and its fans.  But, then, in the final segment Josh brings out the World Champ (Whom Borash says "Was not my first pick"), and three other guys from the TNA roster.  Meanwhile, Borash brings out Alberto (Whom JUST debuted), Adonis (Who isn't part of the roster), Morgan (Who isn't part of the roster) and Magnus (Who isn't part of the roster).  So, basically, the guys who worked hard to make the show worthwhile over the last 6 months of 2016 are all made to look inferior to Jarrett's GFW guys.  This has been the modus operandi since Jarrett/Anthem took over: bury the guys who have been around for the last year or so that made the show interesting at the expense of new talent, guys who left the company only to return, and GFW guys.  It's basically telling those legions of people who come back for each and every taping: "Those guys you cheered for are losers.  But we're bringing back the good guys with whom we ran the company into the ground."  At this rate, they're going to lose all the up-and-coming guys because of their complete lack of interest in doing anything really interesting with any of EC3, Drake, Rose Mary etc. etc.

Also, the Konnan stuff with LAX is good but it makes everything else on the show look low-rent and old-fashioned because he's basically doing Lucha Underground stuff while the rest of the show is made to look like 1999 WCW.

I'm THIS close to tapping out on this show.  I DID like the Davey-Eddie match but THAT was a lot of violence for a mid-card feud and the double-stomp through the chair was much nastier-looking than what they used as the eventual finish.

Also, that Knockouts match looked like a Diva Search battle royal.  Outside of ODB, Madison and Diamante, had any of those other women ever wrestled a match in their lives before?  Ug.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 4:34 AM, EricR said:

I skipped ahead 5 minutes at a time throughout the whole show, and literally every time I stopped it Josh Matthews and Borash were yelling at each other. Literally yelling. Who is that appealing to??

Who is this Jon Bolen though?? He looked great during his short match with Alberto. He had to have concussed himself taking the double stomp, but he took other rough bumps and had great snap on everything. Everybody recommend me high end the Jon Bolen stuff!!

He worked the Pittsburgh indies, because I called some of his matches for IWC. I don't know where else he's wrestled, so that would be a good starting point.

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

He worked the Pittsburgh indies, because I called some of his matches for IWC. I don't know where else he's wrestled, so that would be a good starting point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Bolen

He had a WWE developmental deal and teamed with Ryback in OVW.

• Like 1

If you search Jon Bolen for awhile it looked like he was the gate keeper of the indies that former WWE/WCW guys had to go through

Seriously I have found matches against Val Venis, Robbie McAllister, Billy Gunn, Johnny Swinger and Scott Steiner