DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd B] GRAN METALIK vs. REVIVAL

GRAN METALIK vs. REVIVAL  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

Point of Order (aka Rippa lays the groundwork)

If my math is correct - Revival only has 15 televised matches from the time period. I believe the only person lower than than is Kota Ibushi

Low match totals are always going to be a strike against NXT but Revival's is really low due to injury (and they had what I remember to be two squashes too.)

Just wanted to put that in the back of y'all's brains

15 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I'll buy that there's a quantity argument against Revival. Does anyone want to make a quality argument?

I am going to but not in this round. 

It will happen when it has to happen

And I am a big fan of Revival's

Dorada probably doesn't have one match as good as Revival best tags, but he's been extremely consistent throughout the year. Can't recall bad preformance by him. He's usually the highlight of any trios match he's in and thanks to Liga Elite and CWC he had some good singles (I recommend the ones against Rey Escorpion, Cavernario and Hechicero). Plus, after CWC, when everyone knew he was leaving CMLL, he never phoned it in and worked every match with his usual energy, doing all his dives and taking crazy bumps, like he did not care that he colud get injured and lose WWE contract. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but very admirable.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Low match totals are always going to be a strike against NXT but Revival's is really low due to injury (and they had what I remember to be two squashes too.)

Yeah, but that post-Mania squash was awesome. If this board loves Braun so much, that clubbery Revival squash should be a point in their favour. 

8 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

But Regal did a run-in during that twitter exchange on their behalf, so... they gain some points back?

In the later rounds, it gets increasingly complex. 

We'll be microanalyzing Dash's performance here:

Gran Metalik is consistently awesome and against others I'd have no issue voting for him.  But I'm a huge Revival fan and they certainly get my vote.  I'm oddly curious about what one has against them (aside from the Twitter incident) because while I might be a bit blind to it I see little to hold against them.