DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd B] ULTIMO GUERERO vs. DRAGON LEE

ULTIMO GUERRERO vs. DRAGON LEE  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

If any of you have a clear favorite in this one, feel free to talk him up. Here or via PM, I'm good either way. Why should an undecided voter in this poll, such as myself, choose your guy?

Dragon Lee probably had a good year, but feels like a let down after 2015 and his year long feud with Kamaitachi (although some did bleed into 2016).

recency bias possibble toward UG after that great match last week in the tag finals. 

Dragon Lee, in a walk. Dragon Lee was in my favorite match of 2016 (w/ Maya & Dorada vs. Euforia/Gran Guerrero/Niebla Roja) and everything Matt said about Formula UG matches during the play in is absolutely, infuriatingly true. There's only so many times I can watch Ultimo sit on the top turnbuckle while Tecnicos go "Now I have the upper hand, because there's no prior precedent to establish Ultimo's whole thing is to play possum up there and then throw me on my face." Ultimo gets credit for being in what will probably be my favorite match of this year, but, there's too much damage to me from last year to look past.

Some time ago UG matches became for me akin to dinner at Chillis, TGIF, (insert chain restaurant of your choice), nothing to complain about, but nothing to get really excited about either. In fact, he's committed the cardinal sin of wrestlers, he's become completely predictable. Dragon Lee is a joy to watch and more importantly, he surprises me, and I don't mean by meaningless high-spots either; you're just never entirely sure what he's going to do and it's like watching a grand master playing chess. There are several options available, all will ultimately lead to a win, but which path will he take? That's teh fun of watching Dragon Lee.

• RIPPA locked this topic