DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd B] HARDYS vs. YOUNG BUCKS

HARDYS vs. YOUNG BUCKS  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a Team

This poll is closed to new votes

Hardys made me watch TNA, some might say that's a bad thing ; ). Rather Hardys matches/segments. I fucking love the Final Deletion match. I legit laughed and cried at it. Hell, three quotes from it make my Facebook favourite quotes section! *****

• Like 1

This is closer for me than I thought it would be.  For the first stretch of the Hardyz stuff, Matt Hardy was full-on invested in the gimmick while Jeff struggled with it, breaking character to get his fans to chant for him and kinda phoning it in.  Once, they had Jeff go broken, he kinda got the rhythm of it and the gimmick improved ten-fold.  If Jeff hadn't gotten over the hump towards November/December, I'd actually probably go Bucks here because while Matt was great, Jeff was kinda off.  But they gimmick on the whole worked once he found that next gear.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zev said:

The Hardys managed to get an entertaining feud out of Abyss in 2016. They managed to get people to watch TNA in 2016. These are accomplishments for sure.

Somewhere in the depths of the Hardy thread - some made the very valid point that the Hardys did more in 2016 to make Abyss look like a monster than TNA ever did

Abyss got his training and worked for years in one of the local indies. I remember his Prince Justice days and I gotta say, I'm impressed he's still in the business. Good for him that he was part of TNA's biggest storyline of the year.

This is a bloodbath so I don't even see the need to pile on the Bucks. I appreciate their ability to mobilize their fanbase. They can sometimes translate their irritating personas into good heat segments. In general, though, blech. It's the Year of the Hardys. 

The Hardys rose from the grave like Christopher Fucking Lee playing Dracula. They even got me to watch TNA, that's an accomplishment to be sure. Tough draw for the Bucks, whose work I generally like, they are pretty good in the ring and annoying as hell outside it, what more do you want in a heel team?

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic