DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/23/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Trevor Lee def. Caleb Konley, Andrew Everett, Idris Abraham, & DJ Z to retain the X Division Championship.

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 23, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Davey Richards (w/ Angelina Love) def. Suicide

*Mahabali Shera, Garza Jr., & Laredo Kid def. Idris Abraham, Fallah Bahh, & Mario Bokara when Shera pins Bokara

*Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend) def. Decay after Rosemary accidentally spit mist on Crazzy Steve.

*Moose vs. Eli Drake does not happen when Cody attacks Moose during his entrance and lays him out with Crossrhodes on the ramp.

*LAX def. The DCC (Bram & James Storm w/ Kingston). After the match, Storm & Bram shove each other with Storm walking off in the end.

*ODB def. Rebel

*Lashley def. Jake Holmes in a squash

*Karen Jarrett makes her return to Impact Wrestling. Karen talks about the energy backstage and praises the fans. Ethan Carter III interrupts and says he's the top guy reporting for duty. EC3 says he will make Impact great again but he's not doing it for the Jarrett name, he's doing it for his. Josh Mathews comes out and calls Karen the evil queen. Josh says he thought Bruce Prichard died and says Dutch is 267 years old. Josh tells the "fans who can't afford NXT" to shut up. Josh says he has beef with Karen and that soon the Jarretts will be gone forever. Karen slaps Josh and Borash flips him off.

Nothing says a company in deep trouble then insulting fans who go to your free shows because you are too stupid to charge money.  

By the way isn't it really not free to go the Impact tapings since you have to pay to get into Universal Studios?    Or do you have some kind of pass thing where it allows you in but prevents you from doing anything except go to TNA?

17 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Nothing says a company in deep trouble then insulting fans who go to your free shows because you are too stupid to charge money.  

By the way isn't it really not free to go the Impact tapings since you have to pay to get into Universal Studios?    Or do you have some kind of pass thing where it allows you in but prevents you from doing anything except go to TNA?

The taping happen in a free part of Universal Studios.  You just have to pay for parking.

Reading the Josh stuff, the only thought running through my head was "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."  Giving your heel (?) announcer a gimmick as the only person able to see things clearly is... interesting, I guess.

I think I've already lost interest in the new era, 

36 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Reading the Josh stuff, the only thought running through my head was "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."  Giving your heel (?) announcer a gimmick as the only person able to see things clearly is... interesting, I guess.

I think I've already lost interest in the new era, 

I lost interest as soon as the name Jeff Jarrett was said to be back in the picture.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

You think James Storm has stopped hating himself for not signing with NXT yet?

Let's see here... AJ Styles was the WWE Champion and is the cornerstone of Smackdown. Joe is a featured player on Raw after an epic run in NXT... Bobby Roode is one of the top guys in NXT. Eric Young is part of a stable that seems to have the same trajectory as the Wyatts once did and Austin Aries is doing well for himself too.

My guess is that he occasionally sleeps on a wet pillow now and then.

15 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

He does get paid pretty well considering he barely ever has to work.

I guess, but that environment seems pretty soul crushing. I guess barely having to be there softens the blow.

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

He does get paid pretty well considering he barely ever has to work.

Conversely, do you think Bobby Roode has stopped hating himself for passing up a lot of guaranteed money and irrelevance for hundreds of people singing his theme song every night, a career resurgence, and the chance to probably work Wrestlemania someday? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Conversely, do you think Bobby Roode has stopped hating himself for passing up a lot of guaranteed money and irrelevance for hundreds of people singing his theme song every night, a career resurgence, and the chance to probably work Wrestlemania someday? 

Yes, because he knows that his paychecks will clear, and he doesn't have to shill Global Gold.

• Like 4

To be fair, NXT tossed Storm out there onto TV with little/no fanfare - they clearly had bigger plans for Bobby.

And Storm also gets merch percentages - given DCC were DOA anyway, I am sure he would rather be back to shilling his t-shirts etc.

Storm's got 10 months left on the deal. At that point he's 40, but relatively rested: wouldn't shock me if WWE decide to bring him straight onto the main shows, or certainly back into NXT.

15 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Wasn't it Billy Gunn that brought Storm in?  Once he left, there wasn't really any interest to keep Storm so they low-balled him an offer.

Yes and no

Storm came because Gunn was there.

But TNA was still on the table and once Storm showed up in NXT - TNA threw the giant money deal at him.

Now the issue was - they kinda were like "Cool - James Storm. Here is a regular old NXT deal" (as opposed to the types of deals they gave folks like Balor, Nakamura, etc)

Gunn was fired after Storm had already agreed to go back to TNA

On 3/3/2017 at 10:05 PM, DreamBroken said:

*Karen Jarrett makes her return to Impact Wrestling

It is at this point I will projectile vomit into the closest trash can.

• Like 3