DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/16/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Angelina Love (w/ Davey Richards) def. Angel Rose. Angelina & Davey are dubbed "The Natural Born Killers" in their tron.

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 16, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Due to the controversy of last week's main event, Alberto el Patron gives up the Impact Wrestling World Championship and the title is returned to Lashley. Alberto argues that he would be champion if not for politics and wants a rematch. Ethan Carter III comes out and challenges Alberto. Alberto refuses so they get in to a brawl setting up a match between them where the winner will get the shot at Lashley.

*Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid def. Eli Drake & Tyrus

*Brandi Rhodes vs. KC Quinn was up next but Cody comes out and doesn't allow the match to happen. Cody tries to pay off KC to leave. Cody announces that Moose says he's in Japan but Cody IS Japan. Cody challenges Moose to a match for the Impact Grand Championship. Rosemary came out of the crowd and attacked KC Quinn.

*Alberto el Patron def. Ethan Carter III via Cross Armbreaker submission. After the match, Alberto put EC3 over on the mic and said he respected him as they shook hands.

*Trevor Lee(c) (w/ Gregory Shane Helms) def. Braxton Sutter, Andrew Everett, & Suicide to retain the X Division Championship when Lee pinned Sutter after a distraction from Laurel Van Ness & Sienna. After the match, Sienna says for Braxton & Allie to have fun while it lasts because the first time they sleep together will be in a hospital.

*Bruce Prichard announces new tag team champions will be crowned in two weeks among four teams. Prichard says titles are won in the ring not in space. Decay come out and say they rescued the titles from time and space so they demand Prichard give them the titles. Reno Scum and Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid are also involved. The Latin American Xchange (Konnan with Homicide, Angel Ortiz, Mike Draztik, & Angel Rose) return to lay out the other teams.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So what version of Suicide is this going to be.  

This board committing a mass suicide because this promotion will not die.

This company should relocate to Guyana and Bruce Prichard takes on a Jim Jones cult leader character.

• Like 3

Word is that Caleb Konley is the one now playing Suicide

I mean I can see why they are doing it since it is one of the few intellectual properties they own and they can just stick anyone under the mask to fill out a roster spot

3 hours ago, Thibs said:

Why are they still using that ridiculous gimmick? Its not like you're going to sell "suicide" masks to kids.

For exactly the reasons I said

1) They actually own the rights to something

2) Need a jobber

3) Can hide a worker under the mask who then isn't hurt by doing the jobs

I get they have their reasons but they're still dumb IMO. Having the rights to something stupid and offensive isn't s good enough reason to use it.

The most ironic part to me-- supposedly management was hot at Mathews for telling someone to "shoot themselves" on Twitter a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I get they have their reasons but they're still dumb IMO. Having the rights to something stupid and offensive isn't s good enough reason to use it.

The most ironic part to me-- supposedly management was hot at Mathews for telling someone to "shoot themselves" on Twitter a few weeks ago. 

So maybe management would have been ok with Matthews telling someone to hang themselves or eat a bunch of painkillers and wash it down with a fifth of vodka, or take the Nestea plunge from a tall building, bridge, parking deck, etc.

• Like 1

The telling people to kill themselves didn't necessarily bother me since douchebags on twitter have been using that for years.  When Josh started telling people that he if found out that tweets about him were coming from company IP addresses he would let the company know was when I had enough of that asshole.   I mean how dare you take away my ability to kill 8 hours a day ^_^

4 minutes ago, caley said:

What was Suicide's gimmick name after they switched it because they couldn't sell Suicide toys?!  My mind is drawing a blank.  TJ Perkins was Suicide at one point, right?

Was it Manik?

1 hour ago, zev said:

Was it Manik?

Bingo. I could live with Manik. 

One thing this regime is going to do is dispel the notion that Dutch Mantell is some kind of good booker. 

And alllow Russo to go on his podcast pass on any responsibilities for TNA's prior shitty booking. 

I know we're not supposed to talk about ongoing shows, but the numbers are in my head right now, so forgive me.

In the first 33 minutes of Impact! tonight we had a 3 minute recap of last week's Lashley-Patron match, followed by that web exclusive nonsensical video of Patron giving the title back, followed by the a recap of the Lashley-Patron match (Featuring most of the same footage from the earlier recap!), a lengthy Patron promo featuring EC3, then a recap of Hardyz-Frazier-Decay, a booking committee meeting in which they discussed the tag titles, a recap of Eli Drake and Tyrus' relationship and finally at the 30 minute mark we have our first match, which runs for 3 minutes (Including entrances) before cutting to commercials.  Wrestling matters.

• Like 5

Only three matches tonight but all were good and got a lot of time. Dug the opening seg even if was a little long, thought EC3 and Alberto played off each other well and the match had a big time feel even being in the middle of the show but they got a ton of time which helped. Pretty good match, I'm liking this Alberto run so far match-wise. LAX arrival was a cool way to end the show with something different focusing on the tag titles.

Liked the EC3-Patron match.  I don't really like the idea of turning EC3 heel but that looks like where they're headed with the announcers talking about how cocky he is and his promo about how he's going to make Impact great again.

I also hate that they're making vignettes for guys who are going to make Impact great again and they use the right guys: Lashley, EC3, Moose and Eddie Edwards, but the only KO they use is Madison Rayne who's now an announcer and not the KO champion?!

But there are SO MANY recaps on this show...it's almost impossible to watch in real-time.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, RIPPA said:

For exactly the reasons I said

1) They actually own the rights to something

2) Need a jobber

3) Can hide a worker under the mask who then isn't hurt by doing the jobs

I was about to give a long story about why Thunderfoot II existed, but yeah.

The new LAX aka EYFBO aka Team Pazuzu in Impact scares the shit out of me because I know the bookers will fuck this up somehow.

Cody offering Quinn $45 to leave because it was $20 more than TNA would pay her was fucking hilarious, but whoever thought that line was a good idea needs to be fired.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Cody offering Quinn $45 to leave because it was $20 more than TNA would pay her was fucking hilarious, but whoever thought that line was a good idea needs to be fired.

Cody should have offered to pay Quinn in Global Gold, an autographed Slapnuts guitar, and a Jeff Jarrett "Don't Piss Me Off" t-shirt circa 1999.

• Like 2