DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd B] SASHA BANKS vs. CHARLOTTE

SASHA BANKS vs. CHARLOTTE  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

Basically decide who you thought was better in their feud

Only difference is Charlotte has the Bayley matches and Sasha vanished, got squashed by Nia Jax and feuded with Summer Rae on Main Event (or Superstars)

Fitting paring as Sasha and Charlotte wrestled each other most of the year. Some matches split opinion, the HIAC more so. The best match was the Falls Count Anywhere No DQ RAW match. Voting for Sasha but I don't mind if it goes to Charlotte, I expect it will.

They did a lot of their best work together but I found myself being more impressed by Charlotte's performances and ability. Her ceiling is pretty high and she came into her own this year. Maybe things would be different if the roles were reversed but they weren't so I gotta go with Charlotte.

• Like 1

Sasha was the better performer in their feud. She brought the hate in the Falls Count Anywhere match.  She bumped her ass off in the Hell in a Cell.  Charlotte damn near killed her in the SummerSlam match with a horrendous botch. Neither were good on the mic. Charlotte received much more mic time and TALKED. LIKE. THISSSS. 

SASHA.  YOU. DON'T. GET. IT. DO. YOU.    Just terrible. I'd vote just about anyone in this tournament over Charlotte Flair and that begins today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sasha was the better performer in their feud. She brought the hate in the Falls Count Anywhere match.  She bumped her ass off in the Hell in a Cell.  Charlotte damn near killed her in the SummerSlam match with a horrendous botch. Neither were good on the mic. Charlotte received much more mic time and TALKED. LIKE. THISSSS. 

SASHA.  YOU. DON'T. GET. IT. DO. YOU.    Just terrible. I'd vote just about anyone in this tournament over Charlotte Flair and that begins today.

There were good heels this year who were great heels on the back of being great heels.

There were great heels who were great on the backs of everyone absolutely despising them. 

There were terrible faces who were defining heels of the year on the backs of everyone despising them.

Charlotte, on the other hand, was one of the few great heels who managed to take the fans' own entitlement with their "Bu...but we want Sasha and Bayley to fight forever and ever! We want it and so we decided that means WWE PROMISED we'd get it and they lied so we'll destroy Charlotte until they give it to us!" and turn it against them, making her a great heel in the process. 

• Like 3

I guess. But in my view Sasha and Bayley are better than Charlotte and SHOULD be on top of the RAW division and Charlotte's PPV winning streak is awful and has done a disservice to the title. The end of the Hell in a Cell match wasn't met with silence because people were mad at a heel for being a heel.  It was met with silence because nobody cared about Charlotte winning another title match.

• Like 1

It's crazy that it looks like Bayley and Sasha are both going to be bumped out in the first round this year and I kind of get why, but still.

Sasha is the better wrestler. Charlotte is the better character. Trading the title back and forth didn't do anyone any favors. I dig the PPV streak as long as it gets broken at Wrestlemania. Charlotte is better as a heel than Sasha is as a face. Charlotte has grown a lot in the last year while it feels like Sasha has stagnated some.

I don't know. I voted Sasha Banks because I think her ability in the ring is ultimately the backbone of what makes the series with Charlotte exciting at all. She also looked really good bumping around and jobbing for Nia Jax.

The booking of the women's title/revolution on RAW has been so bland and weak and distracted that Charlotte, being the only one who had to be at the center of all of it, deserves credit for it being on life support (and able to be revived with one good feud) rather than being dead.

How hard is it for a heel lately to keep genuine heat without it drifting into tweener pops for that long, holding the title spot for that long without the crowd turning on her for being stale?  Look at how Seth Rollins floundered essentially being the male Charlotte during his run. Not a totally fair comparison because Charlotte didn't have to open every RAW with the same promo.  But she was asked to fill the women's spot with essentially the same promo, same chase, same outcome over and over and over and there's still enough life in it for it to bounce back.

What a steep drop from last year for Sasha.  But she's in my "evidence be damned I won't vote against her" territory.  I hate bringing up booking issues, but it really screwed up Sasha.  Charlotte's heelishness was pretty good, but I can do without her having the title for quite a while.

Okay, while I vastly prefer Sasha, she simply wasn't given anything to do and Charlotte had several high-profile matches that were as good as anything the WWE put out during the voting period. Next year could easily be different, but this year it has to go to Charlotte.

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

I'm confused as to why the WWE wants her to become 16-time Women's Champion before Christmas, though.

No one can beat Moolah's streak for length of championship reign (unless only one of Steph and Hunter's daughters gets in the business) so instead they'll just let Charlotte have more title reigns than Moolah, Richter, Lita, or Trish.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zev said:

No one can beat Moolah's streak for length of championship reign (unless only one of Steph and Hunter's daughters gets in the business) so instead they'll just let Charlotte have more title reigns than Moolah, Richter, Lita, or Trish.

What Zev said.  This is HOF / Record Book stuff like when they put the belt on Orton so that he would be the youngest WWE World Champion instead of Lesnar.

• Like 2

• RIPPA locked this topic