DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd B] BRAUN STROWMAN vs. AJ STYLES

BRAUN STROWMAN vs. AJ STYLES  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, caley said:

Wait, the poll says James Ellsworth...does that mean I'm actually voting for Ellsworth or Styles?

HA!

I had Ellsworth on the brain after linking to that match and wrote his name in like 3 spots. I thought I caught them all

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

I had Ellsworth on the brain after linking to that match and wrote his name in like 3 spots. I thought I caught them all

Honestly, I still might've voted for Ellsworth anyways.

But, yeah, Styles.  What amazes me about him isn't his insane moveset (How he is still busting out moves I haven't seen him do randomly in big matches is beyond me), or how acrobatic he is, or what a good wrestler he is (I remember when everyone was talking about him being so good post-TNA and I caught a couple ROH matches and thought "Yeah, I guess he's all right"), is what an absolutely great promo he is now.  Like I never thought I'd see AJ Styles carrying angles by being this great dirtbag, braggadocious heel?!  He carried feuds against guys who weren't even around (Cena) based on how much he was a dirtbag whom the fans wanted to see get his comeuppance (And equal parts who seemed to think "Actually, he may be right").  That's completely mind-boggling to me.  That in 2016 AJ Styles was one of the best promos in WWE.

• Like 3

I think it says everything about AJ that we all LOVE Braun and would vote for him against pretty much anyone - and yet there is really zero argument (other than fear or pity) to be made that he had a better year than Styles.  

I would vote for the big fella against anyone but the two guys that I consider the best wrestlers in the world. While is Nakamura, unfortunately for Braun the other one is A.J. Styles. It would not surprise me to see Chris Hero and A.J. Styles as your finalists.

• RIPPA locked this topic