DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

When I saw Bas' tweets a week ago or so, it was very much a "where there's smoke there's probably fire" type of thing. JBL has a history of being a gigantic piece of shit bully who doesn't know when to shut his fucking mouth. Mauro, being more of a kind person likely was an easy target for JBL, especially if JBL felt annoyed at Mauro on commentary. I mean, how many times did JBL reference "rumors" that Mauro would be fired from the WWE soon. That kind of bullshit was always uncalled for. I'd hope that JBL would receive some kind of punishment, but you know that would never happen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Right?  I specifically read the Meltzer quotes looking for that.  The closest thing to it is him saying "it's not like they sold 60,000 right away" but then there's mysteriously no quote from him on the final number.

Now I'm getting bummed wondering how many of the wrestlers believe the worked number.

Want the most exhausting, frustrating experience of your week?  Read the bickering over the attendance numbers in the Talk section of Mania 3's Wikipedia article.

reason why you didn't find it? they made a typo on his last name!

"Dave Metlzer: 78,000 is the (attendance) number. It’s been confirmed by the promoter and a bunch of different people. It’s not a secret that the number they gave was made up. They’ve admitted it to me on more than one occasion. Most WrestleMania numbers are exaggerated. Dallas didn’t do 101,000 (for WrestleMania 32); there’s documentation on that. It’s very clear. The Ford Field number (80,103 for WrestleMania 23) was not a legitimate number. Every year, there’s a number they announce and later the real number comes out. It’s usually 10,000 off. It was the biggest event in wrestling history up to that point in time. The previous record in the United States was 38,622 in Chicago in ’61, so you’re going from 38 to 78. That’s a big jump. We knew going in this was going to break every record in the book. People will cling to (93,000) because it’s their childhood. ‘It couldn’t be bigger than WrestleMania III.’"

• Like 1

Are there any female wrestling referees active in the US/Canada? I know there are some in Japan and maybe (?) Mexico. I'm surprised WWE hasn't hired any yet, at least for the women's matches.

29 minutes ago, Cameron Swift said:

Are there any female wrestling referees active in the US/Canada? I know there are some in Japan and maybe (?) Mexico. I'm surprised WWE hasn't hired any yet, at least for the women's matches.

Shimmer has 1 or 2 active, I think they've had 4 since they started up.

8 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

I'd also be wary of picking a fight with someone who's best friend is Bas Fucking Ruten, so JBL doesn't have the soundest of judgement.

The list of people who work for WWE who shouldn't just immediately be as nice as humanely possible to Ranello just because of that reason is pretty much only Brock, right?

And that's not even getting into the whole "being a decent person" thing.

43 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I honestly wonder what Vince, who seems to have very weird feelings about things like oh, I don't know, sneezing and substance abuse and the human need for sleep, feels about mental illness.

Oh I'm sure it's as retrograde as we can all imagine.

GODDAMMIT PAL WE'RE ALL SAD SOMETIMES THAT'S NO EXCUSE TO NOT COME TO WORK JUST DO SOME HEAVY SQUATS AND LET ENDORPHINS DO THE REST

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

I honestly wonder what Vince, who seems to have very weird feelings about things like oh, I don't know, sneezing and substance abuse and the human need for sleep, feels about mental illness.

"Why are you crying? You're not in any physical pain, the only kind of pain a man can understand."

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh I'm sure it's as retrograde as we can all imagine.

GODDAMMIT PAL WE'RE ALL SAD SOMETIMES THAT'S NO EXCUSE TO NOT COME TO WORK JUST DO SOME HEAVY SQUATS AND LET ENDORPHINS DO THE REST

Yeah. I think you pretty much nailed it on the head.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Enjoy all:

...and then Layfield goes to the ring, drunk, and beats the shit out of the Blue Meanie for something he wrote on the Internet about him. Yeah if he didn't get fired for that he won't get fired for this

This fucking company...

• Like 3

JBL serves hardly any purpose for the WWE. He's still an asshole, they cancelled his show, and he's fucking awful as an announcer. He's barely better than fucking Otunga of all people. They could future endeavor him and just save the money. Is there going to be this huge outpouring of backlash because they fired JBL?!

• Like 3