DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Having a 4 year old, flying cross country isn't going to happen.

Ask your homie when New Japan's doing more shows with ROH, see if they'll be at a city closer to you.

It's on wikipedia's list of WWE ppv events page, so it's probably legit.

Also, I learned MITB is a SD show (in St Louis, so I could go if I really wanted), but I'm more interested in the general booking of MITB this year. It was smart to have Ambrose do the same-day cash-in last year, since the gimmick needed a break. It could be a big deal again if the right person won it.

Sad story from WO's daily update:

An elderly fan passed away at the WWE event last night in Portland, ME. He collapsed and fell out of his seat early in the show, at the start of the second match on the card, which was a six-man tag with R-Truth & Goldust & Curtis Axel vs. Shining Stars & Titus O'Neil. Most fans at the show didn't know this even happened. EMTs at the arena gave him CPR for about 20 minutes before he was rushed to Maine Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

I'm working on a paper for class on Pro Wrestling in the 1970's. I googled professional wrestling in the 1970's and I haven't found anything worthwhile. Does anyone know any articles or essays or pieces on 1970's wrestling that are worth checking out?

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

30 years  ago today "The Techwood Drive Miracle" happened!

James

I've probably said this before, but I legit cheered when watching the first airing of this. Of the thousands of matches I've seen on that channel, this is one of the ones that stands out.

• Like 2

So, apparently Bushwhacker Luke decided to do an AMA on Reddit today. He pretty much confirmed that crazy Jannetty story during that one flight. I had thought Marty embellished some of it. 

So, yeah...

Numerous! Many of them X-rated! I have dozens with Roddy Piper, but I will tell you about the flight from hell.

Reno to Dallas. On a Sunday night redeye coming back after a show in Reno. Up front was the Warrior and Kerry Von Erich and in back was Sherri Martel, Shawn Michaels, and Marty Jannetty. Plus a lot of college students, as it was Spring Break. Getting on the plane, all the college students were pretty drunk.

15 minutes into the journey, about 6 of them are standing in the aisle drinking. Marty, Shawn, and Sheri stand up and put a little GHB in their OWN drinks, the college students asked what it was, bragging that they had done from angeldust, coke, everything on the table. As in narcotics.

These kids got a little scoop in each of their drinks, about 5 of them. 30 minutes later, the stewardess turns out the lights, it's a redeye. So the kids say they don't feel anything so Shawn and Marty put another big scoop in their glasses.

Within a half hour, all the college kids are out. One of them had made their way to the back bathroom and puking. Another had laid out in the aisle.

Warrior gets the message whats happened, and gets up and walks toward the back with electric clippers going. These kids all have long hair, beatles style. Warrior shaves half of one kid's hair bald. The guy on the toilet, he cut his hair like a monk, with a big bald patch in the middle and hair around a circle on his head. The girl, he shaved her eye brows off and snipped her tank top with scissors, so the goods are hanging out.

Everyone of those college kids had their hair cut in one way or the other, we are all acting normal. The flight attendant comes back, sees everything that has happened and goes back up. When we land, we're told not to leave. Eventually the police come on and handcuff all the college kids, stretchers were brought on.

It was insane! We hopped on the next plane to our home and went on our way.