DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

http://411mania.com/wrestling/2016-pay-revealed-for-triple-h-mcmahon-family/

WWE has released a proxy statement that they gave to the SEC, revealing how much Triple H, the McMahons and other WWE staff mebers earned in 2016. These numbers do not include bonuses and dividends.

– Vince McMahon earned $3.071 million in 2016, down from $3.3 million in 2015. This includes $1,313,462 in base salary, $1,739,063 in non-equity incentives and $19,075 in other compensation.

– Triple H earned $3.993 million (up from $3.112 million in 2015), which includes $601,933 in base salary, $499,992 in stock awards, $419,531 in non-equity incentives and $2,471,961 for “all other compensation”, including his pay as an on-screen talent.

– WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Office Michelle D. Wilson earned $4.317 million (down from $4.5 million in 2015).

– WWE Chief Strategy and Financial Officer George A. Barrios earned $4.3 million, down from last year’s $4.494 million.

– WWE executive producer Kevin Dunn earned $4.637 million (down from $4.758 million in 2015).

– Shane McMahon earned $2.15 million for performance fees and royalties.

– Stephanie McMahon earned $2 million from her work as a performer and employee.

I keep waiting to see if Punk returns to wrestling, whether it it's for PWG or ROH or even NJPW, but he appears to just be doing nothing lately. I figured he'd still be training with Roufusport, but I can't even find anything about that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm amused this thread is still open and the previous omnibus thread was closed down by a couple Phil Collins jokes.  I assume Rippa really liked Peter Gabriel-era Genesis.

Considering my first three concerts I ever went to where Phil Collins, Collins-era Genesis and Phil Collins, you couldn't be more wrong

• Like 9

Really random question

Is Triple H the last active Killer Kowalski trainee?

I thought maybe Malia Hosaka but it turns out she retired in 2012

36 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I keep waiting to see if Punk returns to wrestling, whether it it's for PWG or ROH or even NJPW, but he appears to just be doing nothing lately. I figured he'd still be training with Roufusport, but I can't even find anything about that. 

Is he still doing Talking Dead?

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Really random question

Fandango, Eddie Edwards, Kofi Kingston, Aron Rex all went to his school.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Really random question

Hosaka is still active, working for Shine and smaller women's promotions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Has Thunder Kitty done anything in her career that isn't lolworthy?

Hey now, her work in Ye Olde Wrestling is serious business. Have you seen her match against Heidi The Riveter?

21 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Hosaka is still active, working for Shine and smaller women's promotions.

I don't think any wrestling news has excited me this year as much as this does

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Considering my first three concerts I ever went to where Phil Collins, Collins-era Genesis and Phil Collins, you couldn't be more wrong

Which begs the chant question, "Why Rippa why?"

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, zev said:

Hey now, her work in Ye Olde Wrestling is serious business. Have you seen her match against Heidi The Riveter?

Holy shit, hipster wrestling!

Why is the Rosie the Riveter gimmick the heel?!

• Like 4

She'll never make it in the business with that sort of work ethic.  It'll be sort of awkward in the locker room when she starts tossing back beers before a show, and everyone else orders their usual cocaine/painkiller mix.

• Like 2

Beer drinking before the match worked for Sandman. ODB had a flask for before, during, and after match beverage consumption. And WWE had (maybe still has) a guy on the payroll with the primary job requirement of throwing beers to Austin.

And now, as referenced in a precious SDL thread here is what maybe Thunderkitty's most seen match.