DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Supposedly, according to PWInsider Elite, the biggest name rumored to jump to Smackdown this year is.... Roman Reigns. 

Wouldn't surprise me since the talk is already moving AJ to RAW so that would probably be the "main event" swap

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Supposedly, according to PWInsider Elite, the biggest name rumored to jump to Smackdown this year is.... Roman Reigns. 

m-Una-.gif

NO.  YOU BASTARDS.  LEAVE SMACKDOWN ALONE. 

• Like 13

Fantasy booking here but here goes.

Lesnar beats Goldberg at Mania, next night on Raw they shake hands and one of them makes a comment about them teaming up together one day, roll on near Summerslam time and Reigns is already a heel at this point, Reigns Vs Lesnar for the title at the Raw ppv before Summerslam, Reigns wins the title thanks to help from Rollins and Ambrose who gets swapped to Raw, so they destroy Lesnar, then next week's Raw we have Heyman say that if the Shield want a war they can have one and then says Lesnar and 2 myster partners will take on The Shield, they mystery partners end up being Goldberg and Kurt Angle, just wishful thinking but would be awesome to see.

I also think that Dan Martha will be the next big WWE star, he is a big, tall, muscly guy that Vince loves, but wont be for a year or 2 as he has barely been on NXT, but can see it happening in the next couple of years.

25 minutes ago, Boydy said:

I also think that Dan Martha will be the next big WWE star, he is a big, tall, muscly guy that Vince loves, but wont be for a year or 2 as he has barely been on NXT, but can see it happening in the next couple of years.

Which means he'll be called up in May.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

AJ is right there in merch and has had less than half the push Roman has received. If AJ had Roman's push he'd be ahead of him.

In just over a year, he's had a world title reign longer than Roman's three reigns combined, and has repeatedly pinned John Cena. He's hardly been Breezango in his push.

• Like 3

The thing about Cena, he's been great on top and all but it's not exactly ushered in the next boom period. If I was Vince I might want the next guy to be more than the guy overseeing the general decline of overall popularity of the product. But this is also the guy that is presenting the exact same TV product going on 20 years so, there it is.

The Crash is the new Mexican take on WAR randomness:

Rey Mysterio Jr. & Rey Fenix & Penta 0M vs. Cody Rhodes & Matt Sydal & Katsuhiko Nakajima

Garza Jr. & Blue Demon Jr. & Brian Cage vs. Carlito & Jeff Cobb & Bobby Lashley

Willie Mack & Jack Evans & Mascarita Dorada vs. Black Tauro & Bestia 666 & ACH

All of that looks like loads of fun. Show is on April 5th.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, John Austin said:

I'm browsing wrestling twitter and some people are alluding to some shady business practices that Chikara has done but can't find any details, anyone have an idea?

I am assuming it is this entire thread (click on the tweet)

There is also a side tangent I guess of people bitching that Chikara only pays their students $30 per match

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is also a side tangent I guess of people bitching that Chikara only pays their students $30 per match

Thanks. Thats what it was, i couldnt remember the wrestler that was being referenced. Though i didn't know about the students getting paid $30 deal. And people are outraged by that? Sounds normal in the world of independent wrestling to me.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

I hope this happens. SDL could do wonders for Reigns.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This mess is depressing and disheartening. The main reason I don't watch WWE is because I find the McMahons (Vince in particular) to be absolutely reprehensible. I could overlook a LOT of the dumb stuff that company does, if it wasn't for that. Stories of Quack swindling students and workers for his own profit aren't news, but it sucks because you get into a comfort zone with certain companies and then this stuff pops out of the blue.

Storyline was that their Director of Fun, Wink Vavasseur, was part of some shady conglomerate w/ possible ties to time travel, and they shut Chukar down for reasons unclear.

Real reason was pure speculation, and I've seen everything from financial issues to marital infidelity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

This mess is depressing and disheartening. The main reason I don't watch WWE is because I find the McMahons (Vince in particular) to be absolutely reprehensible. I could overlook a LOT of the dumb stuff that company does, if it wasn't for that. Stories of Quack swindling students and workers for his own profit aren't news, but it sucks because you get into a comfort zone with certain companies and then this stuff pops out of the blue.

I get the sentiment but what promoters/promotions in wrestling are actually decent people? Do any promoters give a shit whether a guy has a concussion or has a drug issue or is one bump away from a severe injury?

Edit: it's a low-bar but is Vince McMahon really the scuzziest person in wrestling? Hell, even in (former) promoters in his own company isn't Heyman guilty of a lot more awful shit in how he handled ECW, not just financially but in turning a blind eye to the rampant drug use?