DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

I'm assuming it's going to be more "skitz" and weird promos. I only recognized 3 wrestlers (Cena, Machine Gun and Rusev, who looked fantastic), did anyone recognize others/

Also, when I saw the lizard guy I thought they signed the Thunder Frog from Chikara... then went off and thought about Chikara with WWE money... Amazing.

Manager with green monster on chain:  Ziggler?

Hillbilly Rusev and Lana is probably an instawatch

I think AJ is the guy in the flowered suit (or Jericho)

I think Heath Slater is Elvis

I think the Ascension are the Surfers

2 minutes ago, DouglasC said:

You think someone would at least know about taking that little tab off if they didn't want it taped over.

Well it is a southern territory and we all know that Ole Anderson and others had no problem taping over their old stuff because they were idiots

• Like 2

We're how close to Mania and they put out a trailer for a show that looks far more entertaining than RAW?

"TNA pulled ratings with a dilapidated boat. We'll one up them with a top notch Catamaran."

• Like 2

Holy shit that looks absolute amazing!  Bonus, if I get home early enough it'll make for wacky shit to watch while celebrating St. Patrick's Day which I think is a main reason it's airing Friday.  Either way I'm sold!

Oh...oh my gosh. My girlfriend who can only watch maybe 5 minutes of wrestling with me (she lasts longer for the women's matches) until she loses total interest even thought this looks hilarious. I'm guessing it's because it looks like shit that would be on Adult Swim.

• Like 2

First two seasons of Lucha Underground is up on Netflix (Even in Canada!).

Also, GameTV in Canada (Which is like a shittier version of The Game Show Network with less game shows and more reality TV) has started showing random TNA specials (Like the Best of Kurt Angle Vol. 2 coming up in the next couple days) amongst their programming.  So I looked it up, and, yes, Anthem owns Game TV, too.

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I hope the show is in the same vein as Edge and Christian's, where it was clear nobody realized what they were up to. 

I think Vince is too wrapped up with Brock/Goldberg and Roman/Taker, so we should be safe.

• Like 2

Was at the Smackdown taping last night and had a few drinks at my hotel bar afterwards when some of the crew came down. Mostly off-camera folks(camera, lighting, hair/makeup, etc.) stuck to the bar area, however they were eventually joined by Corey Graves, Tom Phillips and Alexa Bliss. All super cool.. and I'm proud of myself for behaving when Alexa was 5 feet away from me for a couple of hours. Ha. 

Highlight was some of the camera guys talking about women and busting Tom's balls over his recent scandal. ("Hey Tom, make sure you're not DM'ing anybody!") to which Phillips laughed and said he's not doing that anymore.

Oh, and you should have seen the looks from the non-wrestling folks when PS Hayes entered the lobby in a powder blue version of the purple suit he wore last week complete with fanny pack. 

Here's me and Corey with Young Boy Tom lurking in the background:

Spoiler

Me_Graves.jpg

• Like 7