DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, The Z said:

I'm really surprised he didn't wait until after Mania. Doesn't everyone get a big Mania bonus? I'm sure they would have used him in the Andre Battle Royal at least.

I was half expecting him to be eliminated by Ellsworth

Rusev isn't getting a push because he doesn't bring anything to the table other guys aren't already bringing.

He's not as big as the really big guys, and he's not great on the mic. He's got an attractive valet, but that could be anyone they put her with. Sure, he's strong, but you can only give so many guys "they're strong" as a gimmick at one time -  Lesnar? Cena? Show? Mark Henry? Cesaro? Big E? And as somebody said, the "evil Russian" gimmick (the only thing remotely unique about him) might not be a great call politically right now.

If Rusev was going to make it to the main event, he'd have done it by now. That ship has sailed.

45 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Rusev isn't getting a push because he doesn't bring anything to the table other guys aren't already bringing.

He's not as big as the really big guys, and he's not great on the mic. He's got an attractive valet, but that could be anyone they put her with. Sure, he's strong, but you can only give so many guys "they're strong" as a gimmick at one time -  Lesnar? Cena? Show? Mark Henry? Cesaro? Big E? And as somebody said, the "evil Russian" gimmick (the only thing remotely unique about him) might not be a great call politically right now.

If Rusev was going to make it to the main event, he'd have done it by now. That ship has sailed.

My head hurts so much.

• Like 12

22 hours ago, AxB said:

So that's what the whole '30 days with no weight lifting' deal was about. Trying to heal it non-surgically... shoulders are tricky though. I healed my torn shoulder without surgery (or pain medication for that matter*) and it took two years**. Although I didn't actually stop lifting at all, just eased up a bit.

* I bought a pack of 16 paracetamol once. I had to throw them out, they went out of date before I used them.

** I was already in my 40s at the time though. Rusev is still under 30*** I think, so he should heal faster.

*** I checked, he's actually 32. Born December 25th 1984. Wrestling Jesus!

Hell, I just had my entire shoulder replaced in December as the entire joint died (had lymphoma in 2009) I really miss powerlifting.

40 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

70 actually, he was born in 47.

Yeah - the original story I saw said 91

And eventually i was like "That can't be right"

And then I got lazy and didn't edit my post.

I blame Grado

22 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Hell, I just had my entire shoulder replaced in December as the entire joint died (had lymphoma in 2009) I really miss powerlifting.

Damn, dude. Hope you're all well and good now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

My head hurts so much.

I can't think of any particularly good promo, interview, or the like. Maybe during the love quadrangle? Otherwise it's felt like they had Lana do the talking for him, but I'll admit I may be mistaken about this part.

Rusev is a guy that's got a lot of comedic talent, but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a good promo. He's sort of in a weird spot where he's too good of a worker to be a comedy wrestler, but his serious work isn't good enough to be a top guy. He'll probably end up with a career arc somewhere between Jack Swagger and Sheamus, which isn't the worst thing ever.

6 hours ago, The Z said:

I'm really surprised he didn't wait until after Mania. Doesn't everyone get a big Mania bonus? I'm sure they would have used him in the Andre Battle Royal at least.

No one's ever accused Swagger of being a genius.

18 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

No one's ever accused Swagger of being a genius.

On the other hand that might show just how miserable he was and how much he hated being there.

• Like 3