DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

Shane McMahon trains with Renzo Gracie for grappling, and Phil Nurse for striking. Just imagine how bad he'd be if he didn't do that.

Fozzy's touring schedule has been released and they have dates all through May

So to the surprise of no one - Chris Jericho's run will be ending shortly after Mania (though he is expected back later in the summer - he is being advertised for June WWE shows still)

From what I've heard Jericho is scheduled up until Payback on April 30th. My theory is, Owens and Jericho will headline Payback in a Wrestlemania rematch, Owens pins Jericho and Jericho leaves. That or they run Owens and Joe vs Zayn and Jericho in the Main Event and they give them 25-30 minutes.

• Like 1

With how bloated the Mania card is already, I'd be surprised if KO/Jericho got more than 10 minutes and a real finish. Or it could just be one of those inexplicable Jericho clean wins at a big show.

Either way, a gimmick blowoff that gets a lot of time at Payback is where that's headed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

From what I've heard Jericho is scheduled up until Payback on April 30th. My theory is, Owens and Jericho will headline Payback in a Wrestlemania rematch, Owens pins Jericho and Jericho leaves. That or they run Owens and Joe vs Zayn and Jericho in the Main Event and they give them 25-30 minutes.

Honestly, I'd prefer they run that HHH/Owens/Joe v Zayn/Jericho/(Rollins or Balor) match as a PPV main event if we need to survive without the Universal belt for a few months. Of course I realize that they likely cut Zayn in this scenario and run with Rollins/Jericho/Balor. The Powers That Be clearly like Sami, but not more than any of those other three.

And yes, I'm well aware how many of you never want to see Hunter and Rollins ever again in your entire lives. 

Still, hopefully they use the need to write Jericho out as an opportunity to put some shine back on the apron powerbomb. 

HHH/Owens/Joe/Strowman vs Jericho/Zayn/Balor/Reigns as the main event with a co-main of BayLay vs Sasha for the Raw Women's Championship at Payback in San Jose (BayLay's hometown) would be a solid show.

If that show's in San Jose, it's a good opportunity to give the women another main event since Brock won't be around. Jericho/Owens could be a super-long 3 stages of hell or something in the middle of the show a la HHH/Austin.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Shane McMahon trains with Renzo Gracie for grappling, and Phil Nurse for striking. Just imagine how bad he'd be if he didn't do that.

Maybe he's a killer in a real fight but his worked punches look like he is fighting someone with a 6 inch thick force field surrounding them. 

5 hours ago, AxB said:

He would be way better off training with Bob Backlund for grappling and Terry Funk for striking, if you know what I mean. (Jerry Lawler also acceptable in the striking category).

27 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

He would be way better off training with Bob Backlund for grappling and Terry Funk for striking, if you know what I mean. (Jerry Lawler also acceptable in the striking category).

I dunno, I remember Mick Foley talking about how good Funk's punches were and he was so excited to wrestle him and find out the secret and being dismayed when Funk just punched him full-force in the foreahead.  Afterwards, Foley was talking to Funk and said how he was so disappointed that he had just punched him and Funk replied "Oh Cactus, all this time you just thought I was really good!"  So I'm not sure what Funk could teach Shane that would be of much help; telling an largely untrained wrestler to just punch someone for real seems like a real dangerous move.

11 minutes ago, caley said:

I dunno, I remember Mick Foley talking about how good Funk's punches were and he was so excited to wrestle him and find out the secret and being dismayed when Funk just punched him full-force in the foreahead.  Afterwards, Foley was talking to Funk and said how he was so disappointed that he had just punched him and Funk replied "Oh Cactus, all this time you just thought I was really good!"  So I'm not sure what Funk could teach Shane that would be of much help; telling an largely untrained wrestler to just punch someone for real seems like a real dangerous move.

I hear you, but I doubt Phil Nurse is teaching him about anything other than punching someone square in the face either, and that doesn't seem to help

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fozzy's touring schedule has been released and they have dates all through May

So to the surprise of no one - Chris Jericho's run will be ending shortly after Mania (though he is expected back later in the summer - he is being advertised for June WWE shows still)

Is the music any good? They are in Pittsburgh middle of May. 

4 hours ago, Zartan said:

Maybe he's a killer in a real fight but his worked punches look like he is fighting someone with a 6 inch thick force field surrounding them. 

Haha, Randy Orton as Unus the Untouchable.

• Like 2

I guess you can consider last night as another example of how little the WWE thinks of putting random live shows on the Network

Brock, Triple H and Finn Balor returning on the Buffalo show and they couldn't be bothered to through up a couple of cameras and make it a Network special on a random Friday night.

• Like 4

The reason for John Cena's post WrestleMania departure from WWE is because he will be in a starring role in the movie, Daddy's Home 2.

In the original, Cena had a cameo in the final minute playing the ex-husband of the wife of the character played by Mark Wahlberg. Deadline reported this morning that the movie will start filming in Boston with Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Mel Gibson, John Lithgow, and Linda Cardellini starring along with Cena.

The movie is more about how the characters played by Ferrell and Wahlberg, who were at odds in the first movie, are now best friends working together to raise Walhberg's daughter while Ferrell is married to Wahlberg's ex-wife. The other daughter that Wahlberg is raising, his own stepdaughter, is Cena's.

Cena is scheduled to work through WrestleMania and then has extended time off.

Cena has had an increased presence in Hollywood and pop culture over the last year, hosting Saturday Night Live, hosting the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards this weekend, and appearing in comedies like Trainwreck and Sisters.