DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

On 3/7/2017 at 6:06 PM, sydneybrown said:

I feel pretty confident The General is going to make more money off of Shaq than McMahon ever will.  Why are we even debating this?  Shaq has already wrestled at WrestleMania.  And a lot of you have already forgotten that.  The celebrity match is so long over.  We are living in a world where one of the biggest box office stars in the world was WWE champion WHILE BEING one of the BIGGEST box office stars in the WORLD.  And that gave a minor bump in business.  Quit wasting your time arguing over whether WWE gets a mention on Inside the NBA or not.  Because that's all it amounts to.

But can Shaq throw a decent punch/land a decent dropkick?

39 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

They could have done an angle with this.

A reverse hair-match. The winner of the match gets to have their head shaved and the credit that comes with having raised all that money.

I do believe Allison has legit retired from the ring otherwise yeah, that would've worked.

Sigh....

Anyway - I am gonna post this in the UK thread but I did want to post this for here since i know some folks asked

WWE comes to Norwich, England for the first time ever with WWE Presents: UK Championship Live from Epic Studios on Saturday, 6 May at 7 p.m., and Sunday, 7 May at 5 p.m.

Tickets go on sale today at 1 p.m. GMT at livenation.co.uk.

Fans will see inaugural WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate, plus Trent Seven, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Wolfgang, Tyson T-Bone, Sam Gradwell, James Drake, Joseph Conners, Dan Moloney and Saxon Huxley. Also appearing will be Superstars from WWE's Cruiserweight division seen on 205 Live on WWE Network, including Rich Swann, Akira Tozawa, TJ Perkins, The Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese.*

"It’s exciting to come to Norwich for the very first time," said Paul "Triple H" Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. "The passion of our fans in the UK makes every show an incredible, unforgettable experience."

You can talk about WWE Presents: UK Championship Live on Twitter using #WWEUKLive.

So it looks like they are morphing the UK and #205Live when necessary

17 hours ago, Craig H said:

I unfortunately missed out a lot of Bryan in ROH and didn't see anything he did in PWG or elsewhere. I mean, I caught some of his ROH run, but I missed out on most or all of him doing the strongman look or being the master of the small package. Comparing what I saw of him in ROH to what I saw of him in WWE, it seems like he went even harder in WWE, doing even riskier and more dangerous shit that I'm guessing he thought he had to do to stand out in a land of giants. Is that a fair assessment, or was the majority of his matches him taking really bad bumps?

Matwork is a dirty word on the main roster. You see it with how the women work on the main roster(Bayley taking a Folley bump off the apron against Charlotte for example) and Gallagher killing himself with bumps while showing 2% of his mat ability.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sigh....

Anyway - I am gonna post this in the UK thread but I did want to post this for here since i know some folks asked

So it looks like they are morphing the UK and #205Live when necessary

One of my British friends pointed out they are taping where the Knights run (their building?).

i guess they must have a good relationship with the Fed, even with everything happening with their kid. 

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One of my British friends pointed out they are taping where the Knights run (their building?).

i guess they must have a good relationship with the Fed, even with everything happening with their kid. 

What is Paige's status with the company, other than that they're pissed at her? Is she still hurt? I read she was backstage somewhere with ADR recently but that's about it

Just now, odessasteps said:

Presumably, she is still under contract, since she hasnt appeared on camera with Alberto in any of the places he had worked since leaving the company. 

I thought she did, and proposed to him in the ring. Maybe they didn't care because it wasn't an ROH or TNA. Im sure that whole thing with WWE  being an investor in The Rocks movie about her and the family complicates matters.

Meltzer said a while ago that she's still got a long recovery path from neck surgery done in October. I wonder how her story with WWE will unfold because she's still only 24 and was pretty good before the injury, if not booked very poorly.

• Like 1

That UK/205 show looks like a fun time. I am curious to see if they have a women's match planned. UK and 205 have no women wrestlers, but if a UK/205 tour becomes a thing maybe they will get some from NXT.

I heard Heidi Lovelace and Kimber Lee got signed by WWE developmental. Maybe they or some other gals could fill the void of having no women wrestlers on that tour.

Watched the Miz video. How you could have gotten along with him in high school and maybe before that is beyond me. There probably is a reason Bryan and him are so combative beyond the work. Dad taking the piss out of him and getting called on it is fantastic.