DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

He would never have made it anywhere near WWE working chinlocks and comedy/stalling or whatever.

Untrue.  Colt Cabana's comedy style made it near the WWE, if not exactly into the WWE.

Bryan seems consistently in denial about his health.  I don't really want to be watching when Bryan's "new, safer" style has him taking a bump off the top of a cage in CMLL.

1 hour ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I don't get where the "Daniel Bryan is so smart" thing comes from.  Because the ROH crew took some internet IQ test?  If he was really so smart he would be getting a degree right now, and thinking about all the terrible outcomes of traumatic brain injuries.  Then he should milk the WWE for as much money as he can before getting a real job, because he's so smart.  

You know how many certified geniuses throughout history ended up dying in an alley, drugged out of their minds?

Smart != incapable of being stupid.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Untrue.  Colt Cabana's comedy style made it near the WWE, if not exactly into the WWE.

Bryan seems consistently in denial about his health.  I don't really want to be watching when Bryan's "new, safer" style has him taking a bump off the top of a cage in CMLL.

That's definitely one way he might be used in CMLL, one of ten guys in a multiman cage who ends up taking Rey Bucanero's hair after three minutes of the two of them against each other after everyone else escapes. 

"Would Bryan have achieved X without doing Y?" misses the point, I think, no matter how we fill in those variables. I mean, he had perhaps the greatest indie run ever, main evented a Wrestlemania built around his triumph, and is, to this day, the most over face in any arena he enters. He has universal acclaim and adoration. If it were possible to satisfy him with such notions of success, he'd be done, moved on. But the ends cannot justify the means, when the means are the only acknowledged end.

I watched the documentary "Lucha Mexico" last night on Netflix.  I enjoyed it well enough, though it seemed like a mere primer to the history of lucha libre.

I had forgotten about Perro Aguayo's in-ring death.  I looked it up online, and it was unfortunate to get a quick reminder of how shitty our society has become, when I had to slog through page after page of "Rey Mysterio kills Perry Aguayo during match" sensationalist bullshit, when it didn't seem to be more than a freak fall against the ropes.

Tl;dr: People are fucking awful.

• Like 1

Bryan's the type that will refuse to immunize his children and go live off in the woods somewhere cut off from all contact with modern society. He thinks his naturopath cured him, so he's not the brightest bulb.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Lucha Underground is coming to Netflix March 15th, I'm excited to finally get to watch it.

Me too.  That's what lead me to find the "Lucha Mexico" doc, because I thought LU was starting Mar 1.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bryan's the type that will refuse to immunize his children and go live off in the woods somewhere cut off from all contact with modern society. He thinks his naturopath cured him, so he's not the brightest bulb.

Just wait til Skynet comes online.  Then we'll see who got the last laugh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I take back everything. Daniel Bryan's a moron.

2 hours ago, Cristobal said:

You know how many certified geniuses throughout history ended up dying in an alley, drugged out of their minds?

Smart != incapable of being stupid.

Yes, thank you. This line of conversation was getting painful to read. Like, has no one else ever met a smart alcoholic before? The human brain has a lot of things going on at once. It isn't one big switch that flips between smart and dumb.

2 hours ago, Omega said:

Kairi Hojo has signed a 3 year WWE contract & Io Shira is considering signing as well and will be in the US over Mania Weekend.

On the other hand, this is great news, and I hope Io follows Kairi. We need an Io/Asuka match on a big stage.

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Now I want to see a Jesse Ventura/Daniel Bryan off the grid reality show. It'd be better than legends house. Actually, it may be shitty. Either way, you know you'd watch it. 

I don't think Daniel-san's quite like that, but he's probably pretty out there. Ventura with Paul London and Brian Kendrick would be the real fun.

• Like 1