DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

28 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Storyline Bot‏ @StorylineBot 3h3 hours ago

Shane McMahon won the WWE Title from Goldberg with a bexploder at wrestlemania

....Please don't give WWE Creative any ideas.

He is the greatest wrestling mind who ever lived.

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

If you're indicating they'll be in thongs, then please claw my eyes out with a rusty fork. 

They will not be. *claws out your eyes with a rusty spoon instead*

Is Shaq even relevant in pop culture anymore?  It seemed like his popularity peaked in the late 90s when he was all over the place (then again I don't watch basketball so don't really know) but now I see him in those bargain basement insurance commercials.  I understand them wanting to get some celebs on the bill to bring in outside interest, but what's the use if it's someone nobody really cares about.

He's still a semi-big name in the sports world. He does the studio show for TNT and recently got into a twitter fight with an active NBA player.

I can't see either guy being a big enough name to interest any crossover audience, though. Show vs. LeBron or Shaq vs. Cena might turn some casual heads, but Shaq vs. Show seems to get a "who cares" reaction from everyone.

3 hours ago, Victator said:

https://twitter.com/StorylineBot

This is the best wrestling account on Twitter.

I feel like there should be a thread where someone picks one of the tweets at random and writes how it happened and try and make sense out of something like Big Show winning the Royal Rumble, last eliminating Viktor via countout.

• Like 1

I will posted the links when I get out of the car but positive news this AM on the Honma front as he has been able to move his extremities 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Is Shaq even relevant in pop culture anymore?  It seemed like his popularity peaked in the late 90s when he was all over the place 

Well Vince is pretty slow on pop culture.  It wouldn't surprise me if he was at about 1995 right now and probably thinks Shaq is red hot. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Well Vince is pretty slow on pop culture.  It wouldn't surprise me if he was at about 1995 right now and probably thinks Shaq is red hot. 

So the Wrestlemania match fell apart because someone told Vince that Orlando jobbed to the Rockets?

• Like 4

Vince's pop culture knowledge (or lack thereof) explains why Lawrence Taylor main evented a WrestleMania a good 5 years or so after he was culturally relevant and worth a damn. So, yeah, Shaq/Show is going to be the co-main event obviously.

• Like 1

Mania is in Orlando

Shaq is still relevant in Orlando

You can debate all the rest but that point is the only one that matters in this instance

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Kevin Dunn just got VHS copies of Blue Chips and Kazaam for Vince.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Casey said:

Vince's pop culture knowledge (or lack thereof) explains why Lawrence Taylor main evented a WrestleMania a good 5 years or so after he was culturally relevant and worth a damn. So, yeah, Shaq/Show is going to be the co-main event obviously.

...and Salt N Pepa are gonna sing Shaq to the ring

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peck said:

The General would have made a solid mid-80s heel manager.

Shag_and_The_General.jpg

I feel pretty confident The General is going to make more money off of Shaq than McMahon ever will.  Why are we even debating this?  Shaq has already wrestled at WrestleMania.  And a lot of you have already forgotten that.  The celebrity match is so long over.  We are living in a world where one of the biggest box office stars in the world was WWE champion WHILE BEING one of the BIGGEST box office stars in the WORLD.  And that gave a minor bump in business.  Quit wasting your time arguing over whether WWE gets a mention on Inside the NBA or not.  Because that's all it amounts to.

• Like 3