DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

Don't forget Bryan's use of the flying headbutt, and Harley busting his intestines trying one on a table. Honestly it's such a stupid and illogical move that I don't get why anyone uses it. You can't possibly convince me that your head hitting someone is gonna hurt worse than your full body and that your full body hitting the mat isn't gonna hurt you worse.

• Like 2

Man, I hope Honma pulls through. I really enjoy his work, but part of me feels really guilty for absolutely loving all of the missed headbutt spots he'd do, especially within the context of his G1 losing streak gimmick when he would FINALLY land one, knowing full well how much damage he was doing to himself. Wrestling is weird and horrible.

Even longer than that. Jado's been wrestling nearly 28 years with some breaks for injuries and such. He had his own neck issues awhile back.

Only other known info right now that is that Honma was talking in the ring right after it happened and has been in the hospital.

As for now - he is able to move his head but not his arms or legs

That was the update from Meltzer earlier today

Any of the rest of you guys seen this stupidity? I couldn't find it on YouTube to embed it.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/cody-rhodes-moonsault-cage-video/#.WLvAxH9ln

Cody tries to do a moonsault from the top of a cage onto Kurt Angle and misses. Angle then hits him with the Angle Slam. Cody then kicks out at 2.

By kicking out at 2 there, Cody not only made the moonsault from the top of the cage seem like nothing, he also made Angle's finisher look like shit (couldn't get a pin with it after the guy fell from the top of a cage).

I dunno why I'm so bothered by this, but it just strikes me as insane. Cody ended up winning the match (don't know how). I'm sorry, but falling from the top of a cage should probably mean the end of your ass, but then adding on Angle's finisher should definitely be the end of your ass. Just crazy.

• Like 6

It's Kurt Angle. All of his matches are like that. He's deeply in the more finisher kickouts = better match philosophy.

Cody Rhodes misses the moonsault off the top of the cage a lot (which is a different issue)

But that is also Cody in the indies - the few times who jobs in the indies (and it isn't a lot) usually it involves shenanigans or he being all Super Cena and kicking out of lots of stuff

5 hours ago, jstout said:

Any of the rest of you guys seen this stupidity? I couldn't find it on YouTube to embed it.

Cody tries to do a moonsault from the top of a cage onto Kurt Angle and misses. Angle then hits him with the Angle Slam. Cody then kicks out at 2.

By kicking out at 2 there, Cody not only made the moonsault from the top of the cage seem like nothing, he also made Angle's finisher look like shit (couldn't get a pin with it after the guy fell from the top of a cage).

I dunno why I'm so bothered by this, but it just strikes me as insane. Cody ended up winning the match (don't know how). I'm sorry, but falling from the top of a cage should probably mean the end of your ass, but then adding on Angle's finisher should definitely be the end of your ass. Just crazy.

I know why you're so bothered by that: it's bullshit.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Isn't Shaq fat and out of shape these days?

Allegedly.  Big Show was even ragging on him over his numerous trips to Krispy Kreme.  Which will make it even more annoying when Shaq trains for two weeks, shows up marginally less fat, and gets the babyface win over heel Show.  Although: "gets fat and out of shape, trains for a short period of time, delivers the goods when competition starts" is a reasonable summation of his NBA career.

Dunno.  I'm thinking it's an worked-shoot angle.  Vince usually craves mainstream endorsements, so it's weird that he'd call Shaq out like this even if Shaq is blowing off the match.

And count me in on the Cody thing too.  I find him mostly annoying on the indys.  It's irritating that WWE midcarder for life goes to indys and suddenly becomes an indy version of Super Cena.  My opinion is that Cody isn't giving his opponents enough and generally makes them look bad.  Ugh.  I'm hoping Vince re-signs him.

On the Honma news, I've actually executed the second-rope Orton DDT during a match (Wrestling With Hunger v. CJ Edwards waaaay back in the early DOA days).  It's actually not that easy to time - ended up doing a brief countdown before falling into the bump.  If the timing was off or Jado ended up going down slightly hard, I can definitely see Honma not taking the bump right or just landing wrong.  

9 hours ago, jstout said:

Guess you don't remember when Angle STARTED a match with a moonsault off the cage, which was ten times more infuriating

Even after watching wrestling for years, I'm still astounded that guys like Honma and Rhodes can take bumps like that. How do you knowingly fall flat on your face like that?

If I was kneeling on the mat right now, I'd find it hard to fall flat on my face without putting my hands down to protect myself. How the fuck do you do it from 10-20 feet up? For the wrestlers here, how hard/easy is it to learn that?

3 hours ago, Cameron Swift said:

Even after watching wrestling for years, I'm still astounded that guys like Honma and Rhodes can take bumps like that. How do you knowingly fall flat on your face like that?

If I was kneeling on the mat right now, I'd find it hard to fall flat on my face without putting my hands down to protect myself. How the fuck do you do it from 10-20 feet up? For the wrestlers here, how hard/easy is it to learn that?

According to new jack he would just snort some coke seconds before all his balcony dives. 

10 minutes ago, Zartan said:

According to new jack he would just snort some coke seconds before all his balcony dives. 

As opposed to all the other times New Jack would snort coke.

• Like 14

So, what's the difference between Cody winning the Angle match how he did and every other Indy guy winning how they normally do. Angle could have given him an Angle Slam off the top of the cage (you know he would have been up for it too). They're both down for like half a minute and it gets a two count. They both get up and they go through their motions and Cody wins like it's nothing.

That's just Indy wrestling.

22 hours ago, Ryan said:

Isn't Shaq fat and out of shape these days?

Shaq hasn't been in good shape in over 10 years.

If the match with Show happens, it'll be much closer to his match with Akebono than his match with Mayweather.

14 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Shaq hasn't been in good shape in over 10 years.

If the match with Show happens, it'll be much closer to his match with Akebono than his match with Mayweather.

If you're indicating they'll be in thongs, then please claw my eyes out with a rusty fork. 

• Like 1