DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Oh man holy shit Player One I didn't know any of that about it happening way back in APRIL.  That's pretty nuts.

I kind of dropped out of the community when ZOMG died.  I was pretty active as tromataker on the original Firepro Club and ZOMG.  I didn't really get along with a lot of the new people that came along when Returns did, but I didn't exactly try to either.  If someone annoyed me in the slightest I'd go full scorched earth.

3 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Oh man holy shit Player One I didn't know any of that about it happening way back in APRIL.  That's pretty nuts.

Reading through a thread on FPWArena yesterday and a couple other places, the guy was arrested back in April.  At a minimum, it looks like people noticed he was offline for an extended period of time, but it's speculation how much anyone knew beyond that.  It seems like word got out to the members because the site went down last  weekend - presumably because Tiger Sword wasn't able to pay the hosting bill from jail.  When the site - mysteriously - came back up for unknown reasons, a few people decided it probably wouldn't stay up and the community should move, then word started going around.  Basically, it seems like a pragmatic decision to make members aware of the situation - Tiger Sword (under his real name, of course) is apparently the registered owner of the site and the person  who made payments to the hosting company.  It's basically his property.  

It's not a good look to appear as though you're sitting on this info so long as the dude kept the hosting bill paid up.  That said, I don't really believe Sword was running a pedophilia ring through the website or that anyone was involved in anything too sketchy.  I'm not entirely sure I believe that no one knew the dude's real name and discovered he had been arrested when he went dark.  I doubt lots of people knew - presumably the longtime admin who went by C-Drive didn't know since he apparently quit the site without much of a word when he found out - but no one?  I mean, at some point, Bix recognized the guy's real name and tweeted about it (not sure how long that was).

I kinda miss Fire Pro Club.  I was never really much into the community aspect after FPC became a ghost town and eventually died.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

People still give him shit for it but SonnyBone is one of the handful of people I keep in touch with.  I love that guy.  Good brother.

I believe it.  The whole "Sure it was a lie, but remember how excited we all were when we didn't know that?" was such a bold play that you really have to respect it.

5 hours ago, Player One said:

I kinda miss Fire Pro Club.  I was never really much into the community aspect after FPC became a ghost town and eventually died. 

Same here. Stuck with FPC until it went down and never went to the other site, but I might give the new one a try. Though I feel so behind in not having World.

If you have a capable PC the mods add so damn much to the game.  Things you wouldn't think possible (different camera angles, editing parts, etc.) are there to use and it adds so damn much.  Even if you don't want to do mods the amount of edits on Steam Workshop are insane.  But even if you wait for the PS4 version they'll be really active on there.  If you can it's worth giving it a shot.  And the board is good so long as you avoid the drama.  And it's now pedophile-free!

• Like 1

https://worthplaying.com/article/2018/7/17/news/109929/

Secure your spot and pre-order Fire Pro Wrestling World or the Fire Pro Wrestling World Deluxe Edition today on the PlayStation Store! Get a free Fire Pro Wrestling World original theme and a 10% discount when you pre-order digitally.

Digital Deluxe Edition ($89.99):

• Fire Pro Wrestling World for the PlayStation®4 
  • New Japan Pro-Wrestling PlayStation®4 Theme
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World Original PlayStation®4 Theme (pre-order bonus)
  • Season Pass (3 DLC) $49.99
    • Fire Promoter $19.99 - Call the shots as manager of your own pro wrestling promotion! Build up your team of talent from local heroes to living legends. The world is yours for the taking.
    • Fighting Road: 2017 NJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship $14.99

Fuck yeah, just pre-ordered the deluxe digital, also cashing in a couple $10 codes I had before. I have it on PC but spend so little time on it, while I'll fire up the PS4 whenever possible. Before the Arena tanked, there was a thread where a LOT of edit makers said they weren't interested in making wrestlers for PS. Bummer, I suppose, but I prefer my own creations anyway, and having default NJPW is pretty huge. 

• 2 weeks later...

So... European PS4 release date? Nothing?

EDIT: Allegedly August 31st. But it's not on the European PSN Store or Amazon UK yet.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:49 AM, Ramsey said:

My preorder for the deluxe super duper PS4 version is in and now I wait. Did I buy a PS4 JUST to play this game? Fuck yes I did.

You're not alone in that regard

• Like 3

The vita is dead

Dev team is so small it might be a negative amount of people

They can't even afford to port it to systems that sell in 2018 like the Switch

The English font would be tiny and unreadable because they kind of suck at UIs now

Etc

I haven't played a Fire Pro game since the PS2 days.

Didn't find out about the PS3 port until a few months ago.

Pretty much haven't given 2 damns about wrestling in over a decade.

I was late to the PS3 party and didn't get mine until 2012, bought a used WWE game on that same night.

That game has never been removed from it's case.

I'll play WWE Champions on my tablet, but that's as much of a wrestling game as Angry Birds.

I try to keep up to see who died, but that's just a depressing reminder of life passing by.

But every time I see a new video for this game I think maybe it's time to get back on the horse.

Somebody talk me down.

If I had that clip of Pacino from Godfather III I'd post it here.