DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

I haven't played much lately. Have they fixed the AI ignoring "corner to center of the ring" moves, such as Rhyno's Gore? Absolutely nothing I did would get the CPU to do those. They aren't the easiest to figure out how to do yourself either, but that's neither here nor there.

As far as I am aware most of the odd logic quirks have been sorted out with a few exceptions, although it seems like every other patch introduces new ones that need to be fixed.

BTW I beat match 50 in Mission Mode earlier today, fun fact about it: although it says you have to earn a match rating of 100%, what it means is that you have to win the match with a 100% rating.  I learned that the hard way...

I found an awesome and hilarious Great Kahli oh the workshop who just worked a 94%(!!!) match against Bobby Bobby solely for the fact that he seemingly refused to go for a pin and instead try to get a submission with the nerve hold.  Then about halfway through the match, he got so gassed that he would stand there groggy after EVERY SINGLE MOVE he would try.  He was killing the poor guy but could never recover in time to even try to finish the match.  Eventually after like 22 minutes he hit a brain chop which didn't wear him out too much to actually get a pin.

I've just been running completely random 32 man tournaments to create a grand champion and they have been amazing so far.  Next up is Cornholio vs Ric Flair, which I expect to be incredible.  

• Haha 1

If you haven't already, you should absolutely download the Captain Howdy WWF packs. I just ran a Brainbusters vs. Mega Powers best 2/3 falls tag match with elimination rules and it was one of the best Fire Pro experiences I've had. It ended with Hogan coming in to break up a pin Arn (me) had on Savage, drops the leg and just a moment later, Savage comes off the top with the flying elbow drop for the win. The edits look great and play even better.

It took so many spinebusters, piledrivers, and DDTs to get Hogan (and to a lesser extent Savage) out of there in the second fall. Hogan is a monster just as he should be.

Yeah, Howdy's edits are pretty amazing, and he's currently working on JCP and pre-Nitro WCW.  I just got my edits sorted, now I have to flag off the stuff I need to get rid of.  That's the pain in the ass they need to fix, how to delete edits from the Edit menu and not needing to double up in the Workshop.

I think there's another module in Carlzilla's mod suite that you can do a quick mass deletion of unwanted edits. Haven't used it yet though, so I don't know how it works.

I'm using Freem's save game editor to adjust wacky edit point totals, so between that tool and Carl's mods, you can really perfect edits just and it doesn't take forever either. The PS4 is going to feel so bare bones when it drops.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I think there's another module in Carlzilla's mod suite that you can do a quick mass deletion of unwanted edits. Haven't used it yet though, so I don't know how it works.

I'm using Freem's save game editor to adjust wacky edit point totals, so between that tool and Carl's mods, you can really perfect edits just and it doesn't take forever either. The PS4 is going to feel so bare bones when it drops.

Yeah, I just put the Carlzilla suite in and Freem's.  Gotta get used to Carl's, but Freem's seems exactly what I'm looking for, even if I can't seem to figure out how to delete anyone and the manual describes a button that doesn't exist.

18 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Is this a good vid series?

The nLi guys are pretty cool and have a bunch of fun with it, and just let the logic do it's think when it comes to Fire Pro.  They futz around with 2K18 as well, but they seem genuine fans of FPW and are better than some of the other vid guys trying Fire Pro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

The nLi guys are pretty cool and have a bunch of fun with it, and just let the logic do it's think when it comes to Fire Pro.  They futz around with 2K18 as well, but they seem genuine fans of FPW and are better than some of the other vid guys trying Fire Pro.

Thanks, the commentary for that Cormier/Tatanka match was hilarious.

I really don't feel like looking through 42 pages to find out so I'm gonna be lazy and just ask. Is the PS4 version going to be japanese only or will they release an english language version too?

Even their bad news is good news. I was disappointed when they said you couldn't edit or import guys into management mode. I will gladly wait to get both those functions included. And it gives me more time to get my rosters in order (takes forever even with tools/mods).

I'm also glad to read that the UI isn't something forgotten.

• Like 1

The director's tweets in Japanese seem to say that they also allow importing mid game. So you could theoretically play a historical year and add in guys who debuted the next year in January. Amazing if true.

• Like 2

They briefly touched upon that. I think it was a soft yes that you can edit them. I'll probably just retire them and download tweaked versions with better logic.

@Tromatagon, they initially said you couldn't edit wrestlers in management mode because of a similar issue the title holders have. Hopefully this will allow us to also edit title holders too. I've avoided creating belts because I'm so OCD about tweaking guys, so maybe once I settle down with that it'll make sense.

• Like 1