DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

If anyone wants a real talk comparison between the two

Firepro World I have 103 hours logged so far and that's like way less than I'd like to have logged

I deleted 2k18 off of my ps4 to make room for other shit right after the NXT dlc dropped and I played the new people for an hour

The real key to true happiness in Firepro is stopping giving a fuck about other people that play it or what others think about it, though.  YOU CANT EVEN BE ELITIST BECAUSE HALF THE FANDOM FUCKING SUCKS

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

The real key to true happiness in Firepro is stopping giving a fuck about other people that play it or what others think about it, though.  YOU CANT EVEN BE ELITIST BECAUSE HALF THE FANDOM FUCKING SUCKS

my only point of contention here is "half," otherwise this sentence is like Zen And The Art Of CPU Logic

It's axiomatic at this point that anything worth liking will also have an internet fandom that will make you want to run screaming from that thing.

That's cool about the Takayama DLC, I'll definitely be copping that.  

If you want to know what the other part of the season pass will be, Carl said it's almost assuredly

Spoiler

a story editor. They've talked previously of wanting to add the ability to make cut scenes before and after the match. I would hope this plays into the MotR mode. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

If you want to know what the other part of the season pass will be, Carl said it's almost assuredly

Hide contents

a story editor. They've talked previously of wanting to add the ability to make cut scenes before and after the match. I would hope this plays into the MotR mode. 

I'm drooling.

Dammit, I can't find this anywhere so I'm just going to ask - how the hell do I move towards the ropes when I'm in a submission? I'm using a PS4 controller to play the game and I thought it involved holding the 3d ring walk button and hitting some other buttons, but that doesn't work. I should have asked sooner.

They added the ripcord knee, Ricochet's double moonsault, THE FULL NELSON (really well animated too!), a nice chopping low kick, and some alternative variations of weak moves to make recipients groggy or fall on their other side.

They also added what amounts to a quick save when editing wrestlers instead of having to scroll through the list to overwrite whoever you were tweaking.

AND ANIME HEADZ.

I'm mostly likely going to pick this up today. It's on sale til the 21st December if I'm correct. A few questions though, do other wrestler(s) interfere during a match?. On the AKI games I used to fantasy book of that happening. Also will the Steam Workshop downloading of created wrestlers etc be part of the future season pass or will that stay free?. Thanks

No interference. We may eventually get a branching story mode with pre and post match scenes though. If that is indeed what we get, it'll be part of the paid dlc. 

The workshop downloads will remain free. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks. That's good news regarding the workshop. No interference is a bit of a bummer since I liked that random aspect, but it's no biggie. It does seem likely that interference could be part of the story mode DLC. Like for example you set some nWo members to come out after Sting or the Freebirds do a run in on one of the Von Erichs. Are managers at ringside? Haven't noticed that in the videos I've watched as I'd like to have them accompany the wrestlers to the ring. Say Gary Hart comes out with the Great Muta, Bobby with Andre etc. If not that's no biggie either but I like that attention to detail that the AKI games had. A next gen VPW2 or No Mercy would have been really great. Shame they won't develop a new game like SpikeChunsoft have.

You can set 1-3 seconds/managers per team until you hit the max of four people on each side, and if their logic is set up right, they'll interfere in the match.  This is mostly distracting the ref and throwing in weapons.

You can also play as the manager yourself.

If someone has a high interference value they also interfere after they're eliminated in elimination tags.  Have fun with the Bullet Club.

• Thanks 1

That's really the biggest problem with the game - the workshop has so many versions of everyone and the ratings system is pretty much un-used garbage, so it's really hard to find the "best" created wrestlers.

I tend to browse around Fire Pro Arena and grab most of my stuff from people who are posting on there, because you at least know you're getting a decent build and not just all looks with no substance behind it.  

I know that Rev and Senator of Fire Pro Arena have pretty strong edit reps, I think only Senator does much in terms of Japanese wrestling though.  He'd be good for at the big All Japan names of that era, beyond that you'd likely have to go digging.

The thing you may want to look out for if possible is how old a given edit is, as additional logic options and moves were added throughout early access and the older edits might not take advantage of them.

Dynamic A from back in the day is doing a lot of the '80s and '90s All Japan guys. As username mentioned above, Senator is always a good shout for strong logic and parameters but I find his appearances to be a little lacking. If you ever get comfortable enough to use mods, you can mix and match appearances and logic/moves between two edits, which is super helpful. DJKM has legendary output and his logic is generally very good. Otaku has a lot of the current day stuff covered.

Captain Howdy's WWF and hopefully soon WCW packs are so great too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, username said:

The thing you may want to look out for if possible is how old a given edit is, as additional logic options and moves were added throughout early access and the older edits might not take advantage of them.

To me that doesn't immediately disqualify an older edit.  If I see that the guy is updating them as time goes on then I'm more likely to stick with it because they show an interest in improving it.  A lot of the good edit-makers have done that and I've had little issues with older edits as a result.  But your mileage may vary depending on who you look for.

And my graphics card is finally playing nice with the computer so I'm able to play Fire Pro again.  First thing to do is get the Takayama DLC and from there I'm super excited to get back into this.