DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

The patch has a lot of good stuff in it, glad I can just press X to delete a wrestler from the matchup.  Glad to have clean pause back, and also accidentally stumbled upon something.  While in clean pause you can press Y to go to the next frame (example:  If you want to capture every part of a dude's taunt)  And you can hold Y to see gameplay in super slow motion.  I was able to really slowly walk around while holding Y.  But this would be super awesome if you want to see the ring explode in a barbwire match, I did that just now and it was fantastic.

I am considering making an "edit" copy of all my current downloaded guys, just for balancing purposes.

It's not that most of the edits I have kept are bad or I wouldn't have kept them, but so many of them are balanced from the "this was my favourite wrestler in my favourite company" and don't quite line up in a "Fire Pro World" view. I'd like to keep, like, 95% of the work people have done but just re-jig stuff to fit better into *my* world. Most of it would just be cutting down their point totals so that across "promotions" guys align better.

Only thing that makes me hesitate is the time factor, but hell, it's probably worth doing in the long run. I just kind of wish I'd thought about it more before getting a 400 person roster.  Unsurprisingly, WWF/E and WCW are by far and away the biggest simulation minefields.

I'm at a point where I'm kinda not touching edits right now until the menus get faster and easier to delete guys off rather than a 2 step process. I also don't want to get deep into making guys myself until I finish up the missions and unlock everything.

• Like 1

Yeah cleaning up the menuing a little would be super helpful. All I really want is that when you access that master list, instead of it being one giant blob please keep our internal Promotion tabs. And speed it up a bit (which was in the "we're working on it" list in that chat).

I submitted a few suggestions on the unofficial wish list, mainly the ideas to be able to on the edit and uninstall menus to be able to scroll through the teams list to get them quicker.  I also am suggesting to do a call back to Fire Pro Special by having the announcers get agitated when someone gets thrown into the table (basic animation of the announcers standing up or panicing).

Does anyone recall what they were saying to use for move suggestions?  I thought they said FirePro Arena some place.  I dropped moves with youtube clips and gifs like they suggested to the one on the Steam Discussions Moves Wish List but I have doubts about how much it gets read since guys are requesting moves that are in the game.

By the way, if someone wants to second my suggestion of doing a variation of Chair Illusion where you fake a foule like in lucha, same idea, but you point to your dick or roll around on the ground and accuse them or wrong doing, if you've done enough damage the ref DQ's them.

Yeah, I think Dave said he looks at the Arena moves suggestion thread because it has youtube or gif links. I don't think we'll see a tonne of moves if this is the rate they're going at. I get that it's one guy and it's intensive though. 

I give up on going for perfection right now. I think in time people will mostly adjust parameters and learn CPU logic. So it's probably only a matter of time before we get edits that don't just look great and have accurate moves but also have roughly the right skill points (see Bill Woods' creation guide) and not shit bum logic. If it's still like this in a couple of months, then I'll start fine-tuning. 

DJKM77 is putting up templates (IE: "strong style", "ECW brawler") that if you are just looking to fiddle around with are probably right. http://steamcommunity.com/app/564230/discussions/0/2132869574271068019/

I'm also following Phil Parent, Brick9mm, and DeathByHighKick (MMA stuff). I think I also have quite a few of WhatsTheStatus WWE guys.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

DJKM77 is putting up templates (IE: "strong style", "ECW brawler") that if you are just looking to fiddle around with are probably right. http://steamcommunity.com/app/564230/discussions/0/2132869574271068019/

I'm also following Phil Parent, Brick9mm, and DeathByHighKick (MMA stuff). I think I also have quite a few of WhatsTheStatus WWE guys.

Brilliant. Cheers for all the suggestions.

On Phil's or someone else who suggest DJKM77's guide, they mentioned Desertpunk23fpr as another good builder.  I've found captainhowdy builds a lot of 80's and 90's WWF guys, some of his builds look good and I think I heard he does decent logic too, but I haven't run his guys on sim yet, I downloaded like 350 some odd templates and have started sorting who was way out of control.  It sounds like DJKM has a good guide for Returns, I think if you search on DJKM, you may hit people who used his guides for logics and moves.   Ahep's got some really cool looking luchador builds and he generally keeps the build points under 180, so I don't think they're overpowered.

My only slight pet peeve on some of Howdy's builds is that a bunch of them include a ring entrance gear, so he'll have 4 outfits for The Model Rick Martel but two are copies with sweaters wrapped around the shoulder, or his Adam Bombs have two gears and two with the goggles on.  I think he's also EXTREMELY specific with his builds.  Like his Mr. Perfect face vs. Mr. Perfect heel for corresponding years (pre and post injury).  So rather than getting a "Best of" type build with some greatest hits and maybe 4 builds through someone's career.  Since I'm not dealing with limited space on a save card, I'm debating if I want to go for builds of guys like Mutoh and Misawa who really evolved over time.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

My biggest problem (I don't know if this has been addressed with a patch yet or not, because I haven't played any games for two weeks) is that I can't rename an edit. This is only really problematic when it's a Japanese edit, but sometimes my brain can't process kanji properly.

I've mentioned a few times that they said they're working on it so you can actually unsubscribe on the workshop and it'll delete the edit from your game. Right now, you're absolutely right that it is a huge pain in the ass without this function working properly.

And why would one not want super specific era edits now that there are no limit slots? Makes all the sense in the world, particularly for guys with long careers because their parameters shouldn't be the same with 20+ years between the start and end of their runs.

@Sasha it's annoying but you have to make a clone of the save (edit mode -> wrestler edit -> create new -> model wrestler) and rename it, then save. If you go this route, you'll want to put the original in retired or unsubscribe. It's this way because of the auto-update feature for Steam Workshop subscriptions. If you just renamed the downloaded edit, it would get overwritten whenever the uploader updates, if that makes sense. Kind of a lesser of two evils.

Now that I'm beefing up my rosters again, I am starting to get really frustrated with the menus. We could really use, at the very least, promotion and stable groupings like when you select a wrestler for a match in the menus for reordering edits, deleting edits, cloning and so on.

And there ought to be two random select wrestler buttons when choosing match participants. One for random within a promotion, like we have now, and one for a random selection of all wrestlers.

Going through the edits and I've yet to find any for the members of the LCO besides Akira Hokuto... dammit I need someone to beat the Ozai/Kong tag team that remains undefeated for me after 27 matches!

James

Yeah, there are some weird omissions when there are so many obscure Japanese indie dudes and dudettes already made. No Nanae Takahashi but you've got Tokyo Joshi Pro undercarders. At least we already have a decent Maho Kurone. Zombie Princess 4 life. Her technique in defending the DDT Ironman title: "Whenever Kurone is not in public she swallows the belt and stores it in her stomach for safety."

It'd be great if I could map the controls, too. Picking up weapons is such a hassle in the deathmatches. I end up blowing myself up instead of picking up a chair or kendo stick because the Y button that's used to run is also the pick up a weapon button.

13 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, there are some weird omissions when there are so many obscure Japanese indie dudes and dudettes already made. No Nanae Takahashi but you've got Tokyo Joshi Pro undercarders. At least we already have a decent Maho Kurone. Zombie Princess 4 life. Her technique in defending the DDT Ironman title: "Whenever Kurone is not in public she swallows the belt and stores it in her stomach for safety."

My fear in  Nanae Takahashi in my game is that she would cause my game to crash and then that mod would start her own wrestling game

James

• Like 2

12 hours ago, steve said:

I like the look of this about as much as the other Joe edit that doesn't have any star rating. That one has his blue and white trunks with the akuma prayer bead necklace. How's the logic on yours?